ADVERTISEMENT

Dimel should be fired right now.

Uhh yeah. But we’ll have the band of Miner homers calling for support next week against an improving Rice team.

Burn your tickets and don’t go. Going only enables Senter!

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Your fingers were faster.

But, $2.1 mill is a mucho dinero at this level in Dante's Inferno.

No, because Basketball will be good. He can't be fired over the one sport that UTEP has always sucked at. He's judged on all athletics not just football. This is a Dumb Post!

We play FBS football. It's by far and away the most important sport. I'm glad basketball is doing better. However, all hoops can ever hope to be in a one bod league is NMSU. They've been a top five mid major program for a decade. Hows that working out for them? No other AD would've hired Dana Dimel. The hire proves Dimel is incompetent. To give a guaranteed contract with no buyout is is the height of incompetence. Its dumb to say not to want Senter fired. Its shows a complete lack of understanding of college athletics.

No. If you support Senter you're ignorant. Its attitudes like yours that have allowed Utep to get to this point.
No, I recognize he’s in charge of the ATHLETIC program not football alone. Before you or someone else say “football is a major revenue program you dumb dumb”, I get that, however, please do the math as to how that would help us out in the long run when we can barely afford to pay the buyout clause for Dimel? Don’t you dare lecture me about being a problem. I’ve been a season ticket holder since ‘06, when I was an undergrad (helped out for the UT home game in the Price years)

Reactions: chicotown
Feel really bad for the coaches and players today. The effort was there, the team has a bond, they did some really good things, and they had a great game plan.

Unfortunately, special teams was far inferior to NMSU. NMSU has a slight edge in talent. And our coaches made some critical errors. Starting with not going for it on 4th and inches and settling for a field goal. Then 2 inexcusable 2nd half time outs. The 2nd one on a 1st and goal from the 1. Also, couple penalties I thought were at the fault of the coaches.

As far as not playing guys to get ready for next year, when you're coaching for your job, it's a delicate balance.

We play FBS football. It's by far and away the most important sport. I'm glad basketball is doing better. However, all hoops can ever hope to be in a one bod league is NMSU. They've been a top five mid major program for a decade....Its shows a complete lack of understanding of college athletics.
Part of that would be due to the previous president not caring about athletics. Senter has been here for two years, you expect decades of complacency to be fixed in that time frame?

We play FBS football. It's by far and away the most important sport. I'm glad basketball is doing better. However, all hoops can ever hope to be in a one bod league is NMSU. They've been a top five mid major program for a decade. Hows that working out for them? No other AD would've hired Dana Dimel. The hire proves Dimel is incompetent. To give a guaranteed contract with no buyout is is the height of incompetence. Its dumb to say not to want Senter fired. Its shows a complete lack of understanding of college athletics.
You are either a new Miner fan or very young. UTEP used to do just fine being a Basketball School, before the last 20+ years where we've had neither. UTEP football has been bad forever and the basketball for a long time picked up the slack both with School Morale and money. I'd love for the football team to get better, but Basketball has always been the easiest fix. Football is gonna take years of work that the previous administration has buried us in. Senter can't be judged on all this. His hire of Dimel has not panned out and at the very least in order to get another year he will have fire his OC. This season has been awful, but Senter hasn't been here long enough to be blamed for all of UTEP's Football's Problems.

No, because Basketball will be good. He can't be fired over the one sport that UTEP has always sucked at. He's judged on all athletics not just football. This is a Dumb Post!

So if the basketball team doesn't go dancing this year then Senter should be fired?

Much better to cut the losses now than kill the remaining excitement around the program. Who’s buying tickets next year? Who’s excited for a 3rd of Dismel ball? Not many.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
You are either a new Miner fan or very young. UTEP used to do just fine being a Basketball School, before the last 20+ years where we've had neither. UTEP football has been bad forever and the basketball for a long time picked up the slack both with School Morale and money. I'd love for the football team to get better, but Basketball has always been the easiest fix. Football is gonna take years of work that the previous administration has buried us in. Senter can't be judged on all this. His hire of Dimel has not panned out and at the very least in order to get another year he will have fire his OC. This season has been awful, but Senter hasn't been here long enough to be blamed for all of UTEP's Football's Problems.

That's the dumbest post I've ever read. "UTEP used to do just fine being a basketball school" That's a laughable and absurd statement. They had a seven year fun in the eighties. Its was so impressive that when the MWC was formed we were left behind. We were so awesome in the 80s we were last in revenue in the WAC. We've never done well as a basketball school. We've been continually left behind. Other than the 80's we havent been to the the tournament more than two times in a decade. We are not a basketball school.

Anyone with a brain would've known Dana Dimel wouldnt work. You dont get a mulligan when you make such an astoundingly dumb hire.

Feel really bad for the coaches and players today. The effort was there, the team has a bond, they did some really good things, and they had a great game plan.

Unfortunately, special teams was far inferior to NMSU. NMSU has a slight edge in talent. And our coaches made some critical errors. Starting with not going for it on 4th and inches and settling for a field goal. Then 2 inexcusable 2nd half time outs. The 2nd one on a 1st and goal from the 1. Also, couple penalties I thought were at the fault of the coaches.

As far as not playing guys to get ready for next year, when you're coaching for your job, it's a delicate balance.
I agree with what you are saying for the most part. You mentioned some of the in game coaching issues. In my opinion, Dimel has been out coached every game this year. Yes, talent is an issue (which is his fault as well), but the actual preparation has been terrible. That alone would get most coaches fired, but not at UTEP.

People forget before Price and the one good year with Stull, we were only good in football in the late 60’s.

That's the dumbest post I've ever read. "UTEP used to do just fine being a basketball school" That's a laughable and absurd statement. They had a seven year fun in the eighties. Its was so impressive that when the MWC was formed we were left behind. We were so awesome in the 80s we were last in revenue in the WAC. We've never done well as a basketball school. We've been continually left behind. Other than the 80's we havent been to the the tournament more than two times in a decade. We are not a basketball school.

Anyone with a brain would've known Dana Dimel wouldnt work. You dont get a mulligan when you make such an astoundingly dumb hire.
Stay on track bro. You ended with Dimel. You originally said Senter should be fired. I said Dimel is a disappointment. And your historical referendum obviously isn't based on you being a Miner Fan for the last 30+ years like I have. You are just looking at Wikipedia or something. The Haskins years for the most part were a since of pride for UTEP. Football has always been a joke. Some years we'd get lucky and go to a bowl and lose. I hope and wish that will change, however to blame that on Senter and say fire him already is Fool Hardy. He's been here 2 + years. The Terry hire was a great hire it looks like so far.

Stay on track bro. You ended with Dimel. You originally said Senter should be fired. I said Dimel is a disappointment. And your historical referendum obviously isn't based on you being a Miner Fan for the last 30+ years like I have. You are just looking at Wikipedia or something. The Haskins years for the most part were a since of pride for UTEP. Football has always been a joke. Some years we'd get lucky and go to a bowl and lose. I hope and wish that will change, however to blame that on Senter and say fire him already is Fool Hardy. He's been here 2 + years. The Terry hire was a great hire it looks like so far.

Senter should be fired for signing Dimel to a 5 year contract. End of story.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
You shouldn't expect much from Nathan. He was a wannabe comic that nobody has heard of.
This proves that u you don't know what you're talking about or don't know me and are a retread Troll who got blocked. I haven't performed in years, but for the record I never did an unpaid performance after my 1st year of performing. Did shows in Chicago, and around the country and was invited to open for Kat Williams at the Coliseum. Those are facts. However you Freaking idiot, that has nothing to do with Sports or UTEP. So how is that relevant. If you are the same person that we went through this before I'll be in El Paso for THANKSGIVING, Let's meet up!

Senter should be fired for signing Dimel to a 5 year contract. End of story.
Ok well that's your opinion, but this isn't USC, AD's at this level don't get fired for a bad football hire. He hasn't been here long enough to be fired....
End of Story!

This proves that u you don't know what you're talking about or don't know me and are a retread Troll who got blocked. I haven't performed in years, but for the record I never did an unpaid performance after my 1st year of performing. Did shows in Chicago, and around the country and was invited to open for Kat Williams at the Coliseum. Those are facts. However you Freaking idiot, that has nothing to do with Sports or UTEP. So how is that relevant. If you are the same person that we went through this before I'll be in El Paso for THANKSGIVING, Let's meet up!

Weird because when I Google your name and "comedy" nothing comes up except for a couple of local things. You have 79 Twitter followers. I follow many comedians. They all have thousands of Twitter followers.

Things have changed in the last 20 years. Look at where we are now because of bad football and where we will be in the next round of realignment if we continue to have a bad football program.

Having a good basketball team so quick is a nice achievement by a Senter hire. But that’s easy to do. Stull hit on four straight basketball coaches before the Floyd hire. I don’t think anyone saw the Floyd hire turning out the way it did.

Imo for Senter to have separated himself from Stull is by having made a good football hire. It was an awful choice that will cost the university millions to fix or we can continue with 1-11 seasons for the next three years. Can you trust him to hire a better coach with a limited budget this time around?

Terry is a great a hire and he will draw a lot of national attention with this turnaround. It will be difficult to keep him around. With a new president, let’s see her approach to hiring an Athletic Director and have a fresh start.

In this day and age even with a great basketball team it will never be like whatever time you remember. All those teams from that era have moved on. We are now in a conference with a bunch of universities that don’t care about basketball. And it will get worse in CUSA 4.0. All of this has happened in the last 20 years. Catch up man.

Senter blew the Football hire but has done better with other sports. The problem is football is center stage, and the one you have to get correct. He f’ed that up royally.

Weird because when I Google your name and "comedy" nothing comes up except for a couple of local things. You have 79 Twitter followers. I follow many comedians. They all have thousands of Twitter followers.
This is your same tired routine. Ask Bart Reed who I performed for at the Coliseum and even though we are no longer get cool, he'll tell you. I never did Twitter for the last time and still don't. I hate Twitter and set it up and never got on it to promote comedy. I used Facebook and Instagram mostly. Not gonna get into this again with you, but ask comics like Greg Wilson, Kid Reid, Flip Schultz and Katt Williams if you really need to know. I headlined my own Comedy Tour and the local EP Comics were shit so moved on. I have other videos that were used for promotional use and not on You Tube. However you're again annoying with this shit, you got blocked before and you'll get blocked again I'm sure. Keep on subject or keep my name off your posts.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
This is your same tired routine. Ask Bart Reed who I performed for at the Coliseum and even though we are no longer get cool, he'll tell you. I never did Twitter for the last time and still don't. I hate Twitter and set it up and never got on it to promote comedy. I used Facebook and Instagram mostly. Not gonna get into this again with you, but ask comics like Greg Wilson, Kid Reid, Flip Schultz and Katt Williams if you really need to know. I headlined my own Comedy Tour and the local EP Comics were shit so moved on. I have other videos that were used for promotional use and not on You Tube. However you're again annoying with this shit, you got blocked before and you'll get blocked again I'm sure. Keep on subject or keep my name off your posts.

You headlined your own tour? Really? Weird that there is nothing online about your comedy tour. You were a local comic that nobody heard of. That's ok. Nothing wrong with that. I just think it's funny that you think you were a big time comic that toured all around the country.

People forget before Price and the one good year with Stull, we were only good in football in the late 60’s.

This is the lamest argument of them all. “We sucked before Price, so it’s okay to suck now”. We used to suck from the late 60s to 1999 outside of the Stull years. Why does that mean we should be okay with a shitty team now?

I can rattle off many many teams with less resources and less fan support that accomplish a lot more than we do. It’s always okay for other schools to win, but not us. Always some excuses for failure.

All these other schools just happen to hire better coaches and get better players it seems. When are some of you going to stop being cheerleaders and hold people accountable for their poor decisions?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT