ADVERTISEMENT

Dimel's Strategy... Vs Uteps Execution

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
No one wants to here this, but Dimel's plan was accurate and sound against this Boise team. Dominate time of position, limit their chances and be physical. It started off well, but then the same Woeful UTEP in big games woke up. Not converting on red zone opportunities, untimely turnovers, making stops only to be ruined by busted play or penalty....etc....etc... I don't put this one on Dimel, the kids have to execute and limit mistakes, they did none of the above last night!

No one wants to here this, but Dimel's plan was accurate and sound against this Boise team. Dominate time of position, limit their chances and be physical. It started off well, but then the same Woeful UTEP in big games woke up. Not converting on red zone opportunities, untimely turnovers, making stops only to be ruined by busted play or penalty....etc....etc... I don't put this one on Dimel, the kids have to execute and limit mistakes, they did none of the above last night!
I agree the plan was sound and the players have to do a better job executing. I also think, he has to do a better job getting players out of the game that have shown they aren't capable of executing. To keep rolling out the same guys year after year and not seeing any improvement in their play is just stupid. Gavin is who he is and will never be a QB we can win with. The safety James is never going to make a play on a jump ball.

On another note. How the hell are we still so unprepared for motion? All year when teams motion we turn someone lose in the secondary. I really liked our blitz scheme, but the coverage behind it has to be significantly better. We were getting guys free on the blitz all night only to watch the secondary get beat on 50/50 balls.

It was apparent in game one that our DBs were once again the Achilles heel of the defense. How can we not find a set of competitors to field at least a decent and serviceable secondary. Next man (men) up, please.

Reactions: Lil_Train
The playcalling especially in the red zone in the first half was some of the worst I've seen. Dimel should be forced to relinquish play calling duties.

Myself and many others have said for over a year that Hardison wasn't a very good qb. Last night he played atrocious. The ints were horrific decisions and throws. He continues to fumble the ball. For this offense to work. The qb has to make plays with his feet. Hardison can't do that. It's beyond insane Dimel ordained Hardison the starter and didn't have a competition. Hardison is regressing. That's 100% on Dimel.

The penalties and lack of discipline shown every week are 100% on Dimel.

The secondary has the worst fundamentals of any secondary I've ever seen. They play with zero technique. The secondary coach should be fired.

On defense as a whole Peveto needs to disguise his damn schemes. The defense gives away blitz early. The offense audibles the defense stands Pat and gives up a big play its maddening.

Special teams outside Baechle are atrocious. Our kick coverage is trash. Our kick returns are trash. Aaron Price is a terrible coach. Should never have been hired. Hes just collecting a paycheck.

The frustrating part is we weren't be by the Jimmy's and Joe's we were beat by the x's and o's. With competent coaching that's a touchdown game at the half. Instead we're down four touchdowns.

Dimel put on an absolute clinic on how not to coach a football game. That's as poorly a coached game as you'll ever see.

Disagree totally, this is Dimel’s shitshow, UNM might be the only “winnable” game the rest of the season IMO.

In just three games this year, UTEP has already committed almost more than half the total penalties and penalty yards they were flagged for last year in 8 games, 8-80 last night, it’s week three of year four of the Dimel era, thats coaching and his fault.

This is a coaching staff of misfits that can’t figure out how to win, like someone mentioned Aaron Price is terrible coaching special teams, he’s an offensive coach I think, dude was coaching at Hanks High school just a few years ago also.

I think it’s fully on the head coach who has only won seven games so far in three seasons and three games, and also this ain’t the NFL, no GM brought in these guys “who need execute better”, these are mostly Dimel guys who have been around his program for awhile now.

Dimel’s recruiting has been atrocious outside Cowing, Hankins and Eldridge, always out matched even against conference opponents, he has not developed or recruited a steady/consistent QB.

Kids will execute at this level of FBS football and minimize mistakes if they are coached and developed right, that’s on Dimel.

Taco asked why is the defense not prepared for pre snap motion……coaching.

This program is poorly coached, total yards are cool to brag and boast about “improvement”, but the little things aren’t being coached and it’s getting hard to watch the same miscues over and over and a over again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT