ADVERTISEMENT

El Paso businesses that have expanded to other cities??

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Like I know El Taco tote is from El Paso or Juarez and I've seen it in Phoenix and San Antonio.

Everybody knows about Tony Lamas but I dont know if they have stores in other cities. I wish Chicos Tacos would stop being greedy and expand and allow for Franchising.

El Taco tote is only one I know about.

Any others???

Circle K started in El Paso but it’s ownership changed and they are now based in Phoenix.

Reactions: minermx07
Circle K started in El Paso but it’s ownership changed and they are now based in Phoenix.

Aaron Jones or Khalid needs to buy them out. Get hunt companies involved and bring them back to El Paso. Where is Beto ???

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
Farrah was a huge men’s pant, and suit factory. They sold out to a major clothes manufacturer. I believe their label is still available.
Circle K was started by Fred Hervy(?) he was also the mayor for many years.
Another was Weaver rifle scopes. They also sold to a major company after the original owner died. His wife used to come to the grocery store in her Rolls Royce. This was back in the mid 70’s.

What about Old El Paso??

Here is and idea why hasn't old Paso ever sponsored the Sun Bowl??

It be cool if Grossman really want to fix his ghetto hood. What about a sponsored old el Paso museum in the area?? Man I should run for mayor in El Paso.

Last edited:
What about Old El Paso??

Here is and idea why hasn't old Paso ever sponsored the Sun Bowl??

It be cool if Grossman really want to fix his ghetto hood. What about a sponsored old el Paso museum in the area?? Man I should run for mayor in El Paso.
I don't think old el paso has anything to do with El Paso.

Reactions: kickballpro
El Paso Corp. was founded in El Paso but moved its headquarters to Houston In the 80’s or 90’s and took several hundred good paying jobs. They used to own one of the tall buildings in downtown EP.

Datamark is headquartered in El Paso and the CEO lives in a big mansion in west EP.

Not expanding would be the opposite of greedy.

I dont understand?? Please explain??
Chicos has got rich out of the poor neighborhood's of El Paso. What have they done to make those neighborhoods better?? What have they done to give back to El Paso?? I'm sure others other El Pasoans have been wanting to franchise . They would make so much more money if they expanded. What do they offer their employees?? Really I dont know if they had that's good but I never heard of it.

I dont understand?? Please explain??
Chicos has got rich out of the poor neighborhood's of El Paso. What have they done to make those neighborhoods better?? What have they done to give back to El Paso?? I'm sure others other El Pasoans have been wanting to franchise . They would make so much more money if they expanded. What do they offer their employees?? Really I dont know if they had that's good but I never heard of it.
Making more money when they obviously don't need it.? Is that not greed to you?

Making more money when they obviously don't need it.? Is that not greed to you?

Making millions and not sharing is greedy. Chico Tacos is greedy. Who knows if Chicos allowed to Franchise they could have been a top fast food chain. McDonald's didnt have to expand but look at them now. Does Chico's even help their employees go to school??? Do they give scholarships??

Making millions and not sharing is greedy. Chico Tacos is greedy. Who knows if Chicos allowed to Franchise they could have been a top fast food chain. McDonald's didnt have to expand but look at them now. Does Chico's even help their employees go to school??? Do they give scholarships??

Chico’s wouldn’t be a top fast food chain. Do you think someone in Bozeman, Montana wants to put wet rolled tacos there???? Chico’s has limited appeal.

I don’t know what you’re trying to prove here. Chico’s is a small-time business and I seriously doubt they’re profiting in the 7 figures. I’m sure the owning family lives a better life than most, but they’re no Paul Foster, or even close to it.

Chico’s wouldn’t be a top fast food chain. Do you think someone in Bozeman, Montana wants to put wet rolled tacos there???? Chico’s has limited appeal.

I don’t know what you’re trying to prove here. Chico’s is a small-time business and I seriously doubt they’re profiting in the 7 figures. I’m sure the owning family lives a better life than most, but they’re no Paul Foster, or even close to it.

Chicos started around same time as McDonald's. McDonald had dreams Joe Mora didn't. Could Chicos have been like McDonald's??? Who knows?? we will never know.

If they didnt pull over 6 figures they would be out of business or they would only have 1 location. If Dell Taco and Taco Bell made it Chicos would've also. Chicos is better than Taco Bell and Dell Taco.

Chicos started around same time as McDonald's. McDonald had dreams Joe Mora didn't. Could Chicos have been like McDonald's??? Who knows?? we will never know.

If they didnt pull over 6 figures they would be out of business or they would only have 1 location. If Dell Taco and Taco Bell made it Chicos would've also. Chicos is better than Taco Bell and Dell Taco.

That’s the thing though. Not everyone can be McDonalds, not everyone can be Chick-Fil-A. Someone has to be Arby’s, Long John’s, and Chico’s.

You can think Chico’s would have been equal to or bigger than McDonald’s. It’s highly unrealistic. As no white family in New York would have gone to Chico’s in 1965 to sample their limited menu. McDonald’s made it on burgers and shakes. Back then, way more people stuck to their “own” food and wouldn’t try most “ethnic” food.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I have never heard of the family that owns Chico’s do anything for the community. Maybe they do on the down low

I have never heard of the family that owns Chico’s do anything for the community. Maybe they do on the down low

Maybe so, but are they required to? Nope. They’re not LeBron, Jeff Bezos, or Paul Foster.

What does UTEP’s most successful alumni do for the community? You can define who that is.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Title of the post is businesses that started in El Paso and expanded to other cities.
According to Wiki, “Entrepreneur Fred Hervey purchased three Kay's Food Stores in El Paso, Texas, in 1951.[17]Hervey renamed the stores as "Circle K Food Stores, Inc." rather than "Kay." He grew the Circle K chain into neighboring New Mexico and Arizona, which has been the company's home base since 1957. (Hervey would go on to serve two terms as mayor of El Paso.) By 1975, there were 1,000 Circle K stores across the U.S.“.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT