ADVERTISEMENT

El Paso city manager finalist for similar position in Frisco, Texas

91 Acre Cowboys facility. Friendly with Jerry Jones. Might get free passes to every home Cowboy game. Kids heavily into sports. An offer might be too good to pass up.

This cm is the best administrator EP has had in the 35 years I've been here. Arrogant or not. He's put ep in a great financial position. No more pobrecito mentality. We could use more like him.

Reactions: Vegasminer
This cm is the best administrator EP has had in the 35 years I've been here. Arrogant or not. He's put ep in a great financial position. No more pobrecito mentality. We could use more like him.
Uh, no.

He’s a taxer and spender.

He blew the arena deal.

His contract allows side gigs even though he makes boatloads of $$$.

Uh, no.

He’s a taxer and spender.

He blew the arena deal.

City manager doesn't set the tax rate. That is done by all 7 or 8 taxing entities within the county including but not limited to mayor and council, county commish, Texas tech med, school districts etc.

City manager doesn't set the tax rate. That is done by all 7 or 8 taxing entities within the county including but not limited to mayor and council, county commish, Texas tech med, school districts etc.
I’m talking about all the bonds/debt/non-voter approved certificates of obligation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dmanminer
He has the same salary as Joe Biden. Apparently he makes more than the city managers of Austin, Fort Worth, and Arlington.

Maybe he'd have to take a pay cut if he goes to Frisco?

Reactions: unihorn
He has the same salary as Joe Biden. Apparently he makes more than the city managers of Austin, Fort Worth, and Arlington.

Maybe he'd have to take a pay cut if he goes to Frisco?
Irving was happy to dump him on us.

Given that the post has existed for fewer than 20 years, and that there have been a total of two, that's not as impressive as you make it sound.
We still had administrators before then. The CM position is relatively new. If you look at what the City's budget process was 10 years ago and before as opposed to what it is now, you wouldn't want to go back. If you take an objective look at what he's accomplished you'd be impressed. And that's all i'm saying on the subject. Where's our latest recruits.

Reactions: unihorn
If he leaves, he gets $1M in severance pay.
I have seen that headline floating around social media. I am not going to say it’s clickbait but I don’t feel it is exactly accurate. TG would be able to sell back unused sick and vacation leave. 6 months of each. So he would be able to sell back a year’s salary. That’s roughly 400K. I’m not sure where the 1 million figure is coming from.

I have seen that headline floating around social media. I am not going to say it’s clickbait but I don’t feel it is exactly accurate. TG would be able to sell back unused sick and vacation leave. 6 months of each. So he would be able to sell back a year’s salary. That’s roughly 400K. I’m not sure where the 1 million figure is coming from.
Reported on ABC-7 last night.

My city rep says she voted to extend him in part because he eliminated $27 million in operating deficit in the mass transit dept and $1 million operating deficit at the city golf course. It must have taken a lot of skill to make those decisions during COVID.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT