ADVERTISEMENT

El Paso

RanDaddyBinks

Rookie
Mar 18, 2017
Lubbock
I spend more time in Midessa and Lubbock these days. I’m always hoping my road somehow leads me back to El Paso full time. My heart still aches for those affected one year ago.

023845-C1-1-A15-41-B8-9-B0-B-F10047-AADE0-D.jpg

Photo Credit: Jorge Salgado

Well said. I think most have adjusted and moved on but it gets really dark really quick when you stop and think about that day.

It’s not a big deal anymore. The second COVID disrupted lives, very few care. It’s just another day. Think about all the shit that has happened since then. Very sad, but for worse “we” have moved on to fighting about face masks, looting, and the upcoming election.

Aside from Wal Mart, El Paso, and people directly affected by the event, it’s just another day.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
It’s not a big deal anymore. The second COVID disrupted lives, very few care. It’s just another day. Think about all the shit that has happened since then. Very sad, but for worse “we” have moved on to fighting about face masks, looting, and the upcoming election.

Aside from Wal Mart, El Paso, and people directly affected by the event, it’s just another day.

That’s the unfortunate truth. Think about 9/11. Right after it happened the majority of people were willing to subject themselves to increased security screenings at airports if it meant peace of mind while flying. Within a couple of months TSA became the scum of the universe and people were in an uproar over the lines at airports. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that the shootings were such a needless loss of life, over some bullshit.

I’m not trying to be a dick here NoWins, as I’ve actually grown to think you’re an alright guy, but at times you seem to be so desensitized to everyone and everything outside your own sphere of thought/experience.

Why the **** would you say such a thing? You have no idea who it might still be a big deal to. You have no idea who was personally affected by this. And that they may read what you said. Just because you don’t think it’s a big deal...

I’m not trying to be a dick here NoWins, as I’ve actually grown to think you’re an alright guy, but at times you seem to be so desensitized to everyone and everything outside your own sphere of thought/experience.

Why the **** would you say such a thing? You have no idea who it might still be a big deal to. You have no idea who was personally affected by this. And that they may read what you said. Just because you don’t think it’s a big deal...

I’m not trying to be a dick either. That’s what I included “directly affected”. I was not. I wore a El Paso strong wrist band for months. When I went out, I saw them at first, but near Christmas and after, nobody was wearing their shirts or wrist bands.

You can say this about any event. “It was just a car wreck or it was just drive by shooting”. The people and families that lost or whatever, will always claim it’s a big deal. That’s how it is.

Do yourself a favor, watch your local news and see if it’s mentioned. Then do the same in 2021 and see if it’s mentioned, then every year after that. It probably won’t be mentioned on your local broadcast today, and after every year passes, it’s just another day - to those it did not directly impact.

From people who still care.

It has 1 reply and 53 likes. The 1 reply isn’t even a response to it, just same guy talking shit about their lack of social media impact. Look up their post on 9/11 and I guarantee it had 1000x more of every type of interaction.

You guys can argue with me all day, but nobody gives a shit about El Paso and the people here. I live here and I see it.

It has 1 reply and 53 likes. The 1 reply isn’t even a response to it, just same guy talking shit about their lack of social media impact. Look up their post on 9/11 and I guarantee it had 1000x more of every type of interaction.

You guys can argue with me all day, but nobody gives a shit about El Paso and the people here. I live here and I see it.
So you’re saying a terroristic act against America had a bigger impact than some white guy killing brown people. You’re so smart. Do you have a Doctors from Yale or something?

F*ck off. Just cause no one gives a shit about you doesn’t mean it’s true for this event.

So you’re saying a terroristic act against America had a bigger impact than some white guy killing brown people. You’re so smart. Do you have a Doctors from Yale or something?

F*ck off. Just cause no one gives a shit about you doesn’t mean it’s true for this event.

1 guy killed 23 people. Doesn’t matter what race they were.

That’s the thing, you guys seem to think I care about what you think, I ****ing don’t.

1 guy killed 23 people. Doesn’t matter what race they were.

That’s the thing, you guys seem to think I care about what you think, I ****ing don’t.
One White guy with a manifesto killed 23 people. Mostly brown, on purpose. You’re a f*king piece of scum. If you didn’t care what we thought then you wouldn’t be responding and defending your idiotic line of thinking.

Reactions: topminer
One White guy with a manifesto killed 23 people. Mostly brown, on purpose. You’re a f*king piece of scum. If you didn’t care what we thought then you wouldn’t be responding and defending your idiotic line of thinking.

I’m defending my stance. You live in Austin, you should be worrying about all the homeless people there and the girls that don’t wear deodorant.

I’m not trying to be a dick either. That’s what I included “directly affected”. I was not. I wore a El Paso strong wrist band for months. When I went out, I saw them at first, but near Christmas and after, nobody was wearing their shirts or wrist bands.

You can say this about any event. “It was just a car wreck or it was just drive by shooting”. The people and families that lost or whatever, will always claim it’s a big deal. That’s how it is.

Do yourself a favor, watch your local news and see if it’s mentioned. Then do the same in 2021 and see if it’s mentioned, then every year after that. It probably won’t be mentioned on your local broadcast today, and after every year passes, it’s just another day - to those it did not directly impact.

I’m just gonna say that media attention is not a gauge for how important an issue/event is to somebody.

Media is agenda driven, whether left, right or in between. It doesn’t necessarily run what’s important to people as much as it tries to “dictate” to people what’s important.

Maybe I misunderstood your intent, but man, from the way I read it it sounded insensitive. Not that you have to be sensitive to a subject in which you weren’t personally affected, but why chance hitting a nerve with somebody who has been personally affected?

I’m just gonna say that media attention is not a gauge for how important an issue/event is to somebody.

Media is agenda driven, whether left, right or in between. It doesn’t necessarily run what’s important to people as much as it tries to “dictate” to people what’s important.

Maybe I misunderstood your intent, but man, from the way I read it it sounded insensitive. Not that you have to be sensitive to a subject in which you weren’t personally affected, but why chance hitting a nerve with somebody who has been personally affected?

That’s because you read it with bias, right? Like my UTEP related posts.

What did I say that could have hit a nerve? I wasn’t trying. This is my experience that 99% of El Paso doesn’t care about it except on the anniversary. Just like the Vegas, Orlando, Dayton, and all the other shootings. Unless that subject interests you or had a connection to the cities, I bet you can’t tell me what dates they were on, without looking it up.

That’s because you read it with bias, right? Like my UTEP related posts.

What did I say that could have hit a nerve? I wasn’t trying. This is my experience that 99% of El Paso doesn’t care about it except on the anniversary. Just like the Vegas, Orlando, Dayton, and all the other shootings. Unless that subject interests you or had a connection to the cities, I bet you can’t tell me what dates they were on, without looking it up.

“It’s not a big deal anymore” - NoWins

That’s what I pointed out. To you it’s not a big deal. You don’t know who it is a big deal to. To make such a broad generalized statement suggests a total lack of sensitivity outside your own sphere of thought/experience. I stand by that.

“It’s not a big deal anymore” - NoWins

That’s what I pointed out. To you it’s not a big deal. You don’t know who it is a big deal to. To make such a broad generalized statement suggests a total lack of sensitivity outside your own sphere of thought/experience. I stand by that.

It would feel so ugly if I lost my wife or kid or someone important in my life and on this day I wanted to read positive thoughts and I came across a post saying “It’s not a big deal.”

It would feel so ugly if I lost my wife or kid or someone important in my life and on this day I wanted to read positive thoughts and I came across a post saying “It’s not a big deal.”

So MinerDigs is home to positive thoughts? And someone would come here for that? The same message board home to one of the worst men’s programs the last 3 years? The one where people are called “fags”, “libtard”, “cocksucker”, and where they constantly fight over Trump? That same message board? Weird.

It’s a god damn UTEP message board, not the WalMart memorial or #ElPasoStrong memorial thread on the KVIAggie Facebook page.

So MinerDigs is home to positive thoughts? And someone would come here for that? The same message board home to one of the worst men’s programs the last 3 years? The one where people are called “fags”, “libtard”, “cocksucker”, and where they constantly fight over Trump? That same message board? Weird.
Naw but MinerDigs is the most active and known UTEP message board on the internet. People that live in a certain city, like say El Paso, might have an interest in UTEP sports. It’s weird dude. Even fans from other sports teams come around here and read. We who comment on here also represent El Paso.

Even fans from other sports teams come around here and read. We who comment on here also represent El Paso.

But it’s cool if your buddy Unihorn calls AB and I “******s” though right? That hate speech is acceptable representation of El Paso, but what I said is somehow “disrespectful”?

But it’s cool if your buddy Unihorn calls AB and I “******s” though right? That hate speech is acceptable representation of El Paso, but what I said is somehow “disrespectful”?
I don’t get involve in that crap. My opinion is if you’re offended, he should stop. If that’s the way you guys play around I don’t see no harm. With my buddies nos damos carrilla.

It’s not disrespectful, maybe a bit crass.

Reactions: unihorn
I don’t get involve in that crap. My opinion is if you’re offended, he should stop. If that’s the way you guys play around I don’t see no harm. With my buddies nos damos carrilla.

It’s not disrespectful, maybe a bit crass.

He’s not my buddy though. You and others don’t ever say anything about it. So if you want to fly your “this message board is a representation of El Paso” flag over this, you might want to start flying it when other posters are using slurs.

What a heartless thing to say — just STFU.

why do you guys pay attention to nowins. His name describes him perfectly. You call that bitch out, he gonna hide. Just like that chick auto

What's lost after the first line of No Wins' post is the overall sentiment. The unity that we showed as a city after the shooting is gone.

The love, pride and support we were so proud to show the country has given way to the usual fights about politics and face coverings.

For all the strength and compassion that was shown after the shooting, we and others, can't even agree on small sacrifices to save lives during the pandemic. Furthermore, some people are nasty about it.

In that way, I agree with No Wins' post. Where is that love and support, on days besides the anniversary? El Paso Strong was a needed sentiment when it happened. Sadly, it hasn't held up as well since then.

That’s basically what I meant, but you put it more eloquently. Guess I will scale back my “harsh” words on the city of El Paso’s premier message board, all 20-30 posters and all........

He’s not my buddy though. You and others don’t ever say anything about it. So if you want to fly your “this message board is a representation of El Paso” flag over this, you might want to start flying it when other posters are using slurs.
I’m not on here 24/7 and there’s a ton of OT threads I don’t bother to open. I’m not the mod. If you have a complaint, write an email to them.

Reactions: EP Maximus

Well, you’ve never presented one shred of proof that you’re:

1. not gay
2. not an aggy

Well, you’ve never presented one shred of proof that you’re:

1. not gay
2. not an aggy

I don’t know what that has to do with anything. Let me make this clear for you. If someone is gay, they shouldn’t be addressed as “fag”. The same way a black man should not be addressed as the “n word”.

If one of your sons had Down syndrome, you would not want a random person to address them as “retard” right? Gay people are someone’s sons and daughters. You shouldn’t be using slurs on “the premier message board of El Paso, TX” plain and simple.

I don’t know what that has to do with anything. Let me make this clear for you. If someone is gay, they shouldn’t be addressed as “fag”. The same way a black man should not be addressed as the “n word”.

If one of your sons had Down syndrome, you would not want a random person to address them as “retard” right? Gay people are someone’s sons and daughters. You shouldn’t be using slurs on “the premier message board of El Paso, TX” plain and simple.

All the proof you had to show was your "straight man card". We all know unihorn carries it around everywhere because he's such an insecure person.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT