ADVERTISEMENT

Elephant in the room topics

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Bryson Williams is probably going pro after this season. We all know it just dont want to talk about it.

Terry is probably gone after this season.

Utep doesnt have college ready QB on the roster.

Kuglers recruiting first two classes were better than Dimels.

Terry is probably gone after this season.

Yeah for sure! Lots of teams are after coaches with a losing record at their current stop, no road wins, and 1 NCAA appearance in 8 or 9 seasons as head coach!!!!!! If Texas doesn’t hire him, surely North Carolina or Kentucky will!

Reactions: Autograph Boy
You are probably correct about Williams

Where is Terry going? What has he done to make you think someone will go after him?

As far as we know, you are probably accurate about our QBs.

Since Dimel's recruits have played very little, the jury is still out on that comparison.

Fili's hitting the sad sauce seems like. Not good in being gloomy and sour. Leave those wet blanket thoughts for Shovel & ChihMusick.

Yeah for sure! Lots of teams are after coaches with a losing record at their current stop, no road wins, and 1 NCAA appearance in 8 or 9 seasons as head coach!!!!!! If Texas doesn’t hire him, surely North Carolina or Kentucky will!

Doc Sadler got Nebraska job and didnt do well here. He didnt build anything here. Everyone can see Terry is building something here. It doesnt take much success at Utep for a coach to get poached.

Last edited:
I don’t think Williams is gone after this year. He may test the waters but I don’t think he is NBA ready, nor do I think he thinks he’s ready.

NBA isnt the only league. Havent you learned? Players dont care if they go undrafted. They will go overseas and make more money than you and i. I think they would rather go undrafted. Im talking about players like Vince Hunter and high profile mid major players.

NBA isnt the only league. Havent you learned? Players dont care if they go undrafted. They will go overseas and make more money than you and i. I think they would rather go undrafted. Im talking about players like Vince Hunter and high profile mid major players.

He’s smarter than Vince Hunter. His goal is the NBA. He has already shown he’s patient and will wait for the opportune time. Haven’t you learned?

He’s smarter than Vince Hunter. His goal is the NBA. He has already shown he’s patient and will wait for the opportune time. Haven’t you learned?

Players will take the gamble . playing senior year is a big gamble. If he gets hurt say good bye to NBA and overseas.Havent you learned???

Players will take the gamble . playing senior year is a big gamble. If he gets hurt say good bye to NBA and overseas.Havent your learned???

He is a legit NBA prospect, but not quite ready. He knows that. If he’s smart, he’ll stick around and let his two ‘20 points/gm along with 8+ rebounds’ seasons do his talking. I don’t think he’s looking to play overseas. He has a shot at the league. He’ll be back. Then you’ll learn.

He is a legit NBA prospect, but not quite ready. He knows that. If he’s smart, he’ll stick around and let his two ‘20 points/gm along with 8+ rebounds’ seasons do his talking. I don’t think he’s looking to play overseas. He has a shot at the league. He’ll be back. Then you’ll learn.

You just said it right there he is a legit NBA prospect. He is gone. Even the espn guys at Houston game said he is NBA ready.

I don’t think Williams is gone after this year. He may test the waters but I don’t think he is NBA ready, nor do I think he thinks he’s ready.
Grad Transfer is most likely. He would be the most coveted in the county. Probably head to Kentucky. If Sestina from Bucknell did it then Bryson...

If UTEP made the Tourney and won a game and returned their core he might consider staying. His relationship with Terry will be secondary in all likelihood.

Grad Transfer is most likely. He would be the most coveted in the county. Probably head to Kentucky. If Sestina from Bucknell did it then Bryson...

If UTEP made the Tourney and won a game and returned their core he might consider staying. His relationship with Terry will be secondary in all likelihood.

Maybe, but he could have done the same thing at Fresno and wouldn't have had to sit out a year.

Doc Sadler got Nebraska job and didnt do well here. He didnt build anything here. Everyone can see Terry is building something here. It doesnt take much success at Utep for a coach to get poached.
I am in Nebraska right now; have family up here. There is more love for UTEP hoops than in the entire state of Nebraska for basketball.

Saddler was a great coach. Definitely could get the best of what he had. He was just a horrible recruiter. He won with the previous players, and left just at the right time as he left our cupboards bare. Maybe that is what Fili means.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT