ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing moments with this staff

Tucson_Miner

MI Regular
Nov 24, 2004
These are in no order. Feel free to add any I’ve missed ...

1. Johnson going after UAB player and getting t’ed up
2. Floyd getting ejected at ECU
3. Floyd fighting with Steve Alford (UNM)
4. Floyd fighting with Andy Enfield (USC)
5. Floyd ambushing Kaplowitz
6. Floyd ejected at La Tech and pushed Earvin Morris
7. Floyd ejected during Rice
8. Johnson saying Jamario Jones was not of good character
9. Floyd saying it’s time for someone else to feel his pain during his resignation
10. Floyd interviewing for the USC job the day before the Memphis game

That is part of the past that needs learned from...then buried.

The Hamilton situation happens all the time, but yet Floyd made it a bigger smoldering pile of poop and with a former Miner player (the parent) no less. You make a brief press release to the media and move on. But no! Not Floyd.

However, his green lighted (by Stull) ambush of ESPN600 Kap was a national disgrace. That was a total 100% setup and done in our back yard no less. That's when I finally came to the one hundred percent conclusion that Floyd needs to retire. He could've gone out in style with hugs and kisses but he instead gave into anger. Where in heaven's name were UTEP staff, his closest confidants, his country club and business owner boosters telling him, and Stull no less, to keep a cool head because this could be a PR disaster worse than the Hunter tweet situation?!

Oh ya I forgot about Hunter getting blasted on Twitter.
#14. Vince Hunter getting told by UTEP Athletics official Twitter page saying how he isn’t good enough for the NBA.

Although it may not have been Floyd’s fault: losing Moore, Crosgile and Ragland for engaging in a gambling operation run by a former UTEP student and the ensuing FBI investigation did caused a lot of bad press at the time.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Oh ya I forgot about Hunter getting blasted on Twitter.
#14. Vince Hunter getting told by UTEP Athletics official Twitter page saying how he isn’t good enough for the NBA.

That sucks, but Darby was right.

Please don't tell me about how his paltry number of minutes played means that he was good enough.

This is the guy who thinks Phil Johnson should be our next coach. :rolleyes:

Needless to say.....
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT