ADVERTISEMENT

EP Times reader criticises Natalicio

I don't think pay is an issue. Sure, they should pay more, but we don't do more with less because there's no pressure. Kugler could collect his 500k and not produce because his buddy Stull was there. He was an awful hire and if we would have hired someone else for the same amount, results might have been different.

Just like in real life, you take chances in your career. We're talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars here. How many of us are making 500k a year? If you hire the right person and they WANT to work here, pay is not that big of an issue because there is not a lot of difference between 500k and 700k when you have other perks as well.

This writer is also misinformed. The MWC will invite UTEP when it benefits them and not any time sooner. UTEP can win a bunch of games, upgrade facilities, etc, but until a network says we'll pay you more for UTEP, its not happening.

Not sure what he means by restoring the bball program glory. The Miners have won 7 ncaa tournament games since their 66 title. Everyone needs to forget about 1966, it doesn't matter anymore and nobody outside of the university cares about it. The Lobos, BYU, UT, A&M, and the MWC don't care about things that happened 50+ years ago.

He talked about TV contracts, and again, he knows nothing. UTEPs tv rights are controlled by CUSA. KVIA can't locally televise the games and get their own deal. Everything is done based on ESPN, CBSSN, BeIn, and Stadium. Wasn't the UAB game the only road game not available in some way?

I subscribe to The Times, but I just throw it in the recycling bin unopened. Their sports coverage is so lame.

Reactions: kappasigmaminer
Best info out there is Miner rush, Pickaxe social, Kyyotes and this board. I've stopped listening to Kap cause of work not anything to do with them. I do like the articles they put out on KROD website. Love that a lot of us have people on the inside and we can share that with one another.

I don't think pay is an issue. Sure, they should pay more, but we don't do more with less because there's no pressure. Kugler could collect his 500k and not produce because his buddy Stull was there. He was an awful hire and if we would have hired someone else for the same amount, results might have been different.

Just like in real life, you take chances in your career. We're talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars here. How many of us are making 500k a year? If you hire the right person and they WANT to work here, pay is not that big of an issue because there is not a lot of difference between 500k and 700k when you have other perks as well.

This writer is also misinformed. The MWC will invite UTEP when it benefits them and not any time sooner. UTEP can win a bunch of games, upgrade facilities, etc, but until a network says we'll pay you more for UTEP, its not happening.

Not sure what he means by restoring the bball program glory. The Miners have won 7 ncaa tournament games since their 66 title. Everyone needs to forget about 1966, it doesn't matter anymore and nobody outside of the university cares about it. The Lobos, BYU, UT, A&M, and the MWC don't care about things that happened 50+ years ago.

He talked about TV contracts, and again, he knows nothing. UTEPs tv rights are controlled by CUSA. KVIA can't locally televise the games and get their own deal. Everything is done based on ESPN, CBSSN, BeIn, and Stadium. Wasn't the UAB game the only road game not available in some way?

You don't have to go all the way back to 1966. You obviously weren't around in the mid-late 80s and 1992. Not like that was yesterday but nor was it 50 years ago. We were regularly winning conference championships, conference tournament championships and beating top 25 teams consistently. I'd be damn happy if the program was "restored" back to that kind of glory.

Dont take that the wrong way, though, because I ain't happy about the CURRENT state of affairs in regards to Miner bb. Neither are 95% of the posters on this forum. But don't be so naive as to think that we haven't had our share of so called glory years since that 1966 national championship that you say no one gives a shit about. Yeah, they only made a ****ing movie about it due to its significance.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Nobody cares about 25 years ago either. 25 years ago, Butler, Gonzaga, and Creighton were nothing programs. Now, they're elite programs.

Glory Road was great, but that was 10 years ago too and I can guarantee not 1 recruit came here or will come here because of the movie.

The late 80s and early 90s were nice, but things have changed. We're not in the WAC and we play in a conference no one gives a crap about.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Nobody cares about 25 years ago either. 25 years ago, Butler, Gonzaga, and Creighton were nothing programs. Now, they're elite programs.

Glory Road was great, but that was 10 years ago too and I can guarantee not 1 recruit came here or will come here because of the movie.

The late 80s and early 90s were nice, but things have changed. We're not in the WAC and we play in a conference no one gives a crap about.

You should just throw the towel in then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT