ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Armed Forces Classic (Big News)

The Armed Forces Basketball Classic is tonight featuring Kansas vs Indiana and Arizona vs Michigan State.

It was just announced that the 2018 Classic will be at Fort Bliss./QUOTE]

Big news, indeed, for basketball fans, the City of El Paso, and soldiers stationed at Fort Bliss. For clarity, the announcement included zero reference to UTEP participation in that event.

Reactions: UTEP05
tdy_tren_downer_131001.jpg

UTEP won't be playing. Like every year with the Armed Forces Classic, there will be ranked teams that will be playing.

I read somewhere that they've actually played in airplane hangar. Guess big crowds aren't part of the program.

I read somewhere that they've actually played in airplane hangar. Guess big crowds aren't part of the program.

This is the first year they are playing in an arena and for the first time tickets were available to the public. The program is about having this game for military personnel.

This is cool news. Soto and Stout gyms at Fort Bliss have indoor basketball courts, but seating is very, very limited. My guess is converting a hanger? Weather is too much of a gamble to schedule outside. I guess they could use the Don and bus military personnel out there, but that would take away from the purpose of having it at a base. We'll see I guess. Good deal though.

This is cool news. Soto and Stout gyms at Fort Bliss have indoor basketball courts, but seating is very, very limited. My guess is converting a hanger? Weather is too much of a gamble to schedule outside. I guess they could use the Don and bus military personnel out there, but that would take away from the purpose of having it at a base. We'll see I guess. Good deal though.

Shit, just build a new stadium on post -- it's only debt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT