Votes: 17 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
I'm looking over FAU's overall season and it's a bit deceiving. They have a winning record in conference at 7-5 and are currently ranked 192 by NET and 238 by RPI.

Their best ooc win is versus North Florida (7-14) rated 298 by NET.

In conference it's not much better. They receive credit for sweeping #270 USM (6-16) on the road. That's one of the wtf games for us that Terry should not lose. They swept #296 FIU (5-17) in a home and away. Their best win is at home in ot vs #227 Charlotte (9-14). FAU closed out the season by going two and o vs (300) MTSU (4-17).

They are 7-3 in the last 10 but none of those wins are vs a team in quadrant 3 or above. If they beat us that would be their first q3 win of the season.

UTEP enters the game 5-5 or 6-4 if you count conference games only. The worst loss in that stretch is on the road vs #175 UTSA 10-10.

Early on in the season we lost at home to #192 RICE and on the road to #270 USM. Has the team progressed enough to avoid those types of losses in March?

Reactions: axingfools1
I think we get passed this round pretty easily. Utep definitely should be at least 10-6 in conference. I think this team is playing defense at an elite level when it comes to defending mid level conference usa teams and do we'll for 3/4 of the game against Kansas. I say Utep wins by 8-13 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: FeralFelidae
I think we get passed this round pretty easily. Utep definitely should be at least 10-6 in conference. I think this t am is playing defense at an elite level wh m it comes to defending mid level conference usa teams and do we'll for 3/4 of the game against Kansas. I say Utep wins by 8-13 points.

Who is a “mid level CUSA team”?
Miners lost to :
USM (4-13 CUSA)
Rice (6-10 CUSA)
UNT (9-5 CUSA) twice
UTSA (9-7 CUSA)

Who is a “mid level CUSA team”?
Miners lost to :
USM (4-13 CUSA)
Rice (6-10 CUSA)
UNT (9-5 CUSA) twice
UTSA (9-7 CUSA)
When did I say the whole season or conference season they've been playing elite defense? I'm pretty sure I said of late they have been playing good defense and that includes 35 of 40 minutes against a top 15 team on the road. So point is I am saying I feel with how the defense is playing lately they will shut down any mid level CUSA team including FAU. Yet to see what they can do against the top level CUSA team though.

This team will rise or fall to the level of competition and has a history, play well one game and look like crap the next. What ever happens with FAU it will likely be close.

When did I say the whole season or conference season they've been playing elite defense? I'm pretty sure I said of late they have been playing good defense and that includes 35 of 40 minutes against a top 15 team on the road. So point is I am saying I feel with how the defense is playing lately they will shut down any mid level CUSA team including FAU. Yet to see what they can do against the top level CUSA team though.
It's because it's Monday morning and the Kansas game has digested thru our system, so Grimace picks up where the first Miner fans shows a positive sign for a hopeful win; it's his M.O., but hey, he claims to be a Miner fan?

He reminds of the Natalico haters who would call in to the local political radio shows and just say horrible things about her (and sometimes the hosts jumped in as well) and on print media, facts be damned! Heck, some UTEP staff crapped on her as well throughout the 90's and early 2000's. She got UTEP to Tier 1.

Anyways, I'm with Mosquito, UTEP has played down all year to lesser opponents. Out rebound, keep it at or above forty percent shooting and UTEP will for sure be in it. That's the only factual stat that favors UTEP.

Reactions: nattybry
Any UTEP game this season has been a "pin the tail on the donkey" experience so no reason to expect anything different tonight. Oh where, oh where will the tail end up? No basis for any sound prognostication with these guys.

The bench coach. Who cares officially? The fact is CRT didn’t coach the game. He can’t be credited with the loss. I don’t like the guy one bit as coach, but I won’t put that loss on him.

Nobody will remember he didn’t coach a Florida trip years later. It’s his team and his players. Unless you can prove that one of the assistant coaches got credited with the loss, it’s Terry’s. Just like if he had won the game.

Nobody will remember he didn’t coach a Florida trip years later. It’s his team and his players. Unless you can prove that one of the assistant coaches got credited with the loss, it’s Terry’s. Just like if he had won the game.
Whatever. I’m not gonna debate this point with you all night. Corona rightfully told you CRT didn’t coach the game. Fact. You feel the need to attribute the loss to Terry. Knock yourself out.

Reactions: JCorona
Someone else did. There’s no evidence anywhere that Paulino is credited with those games and Terry isn’t. Find it and I will apologize
I don’t need an apology. Nor want one. Do you want one if the head coach officially assumes the loss of his/her interim coach? I will apologize if it’s that important to you.

I decided to spend a few minutes looking but didn’t find much that would answer the question. Even though not definitive, I found this, which is a similar situation.

Last edited:
Someone else did. There’s no evidence anywhere that Paulino is credited with those games and Terry isn’t. Find it and I will apologize
Lol. Who cares? Who coached the game? I don't care if officially it counts against him or not the fact is he has only coached once against FAU.

Here’s tonight’s game notes. Says Terry is 37-47. Which accounts for all games since the 2018-19 season. So according UTEP, Terry is credited with last season’s losses to FIU and FAU.

Well there ya go. It’s official. Terry lost a game he was in the hospital for. Please accept my sincerest apology.

Well there ya go. It’s official. Terry lost a game he was in the hospital for. Please accept my sincerest apology.

Let your buddy who is allegedly a “big fan” know. Apparently, he’s never watched any highlights from the 92 Kansas game or aware of one of UTEP’s most recent NBA players.

Let your buddy who is allegedly a “big fan” know. Apparently, he’s never watched any highlights from the 92 Kansas game or aware of one of UTEP’s most recent NBA players.
Wtf does that have to do with Terry not coaching the game against fau last year?

I’ll leave you the honor since it appears to give you such pleasure.

But don’t make the mistake thinking because you may know a little more history about the Miners, or a fact or two more, that you are more of a fan than Corona. It’s not even close. Just sayin.

I’ll leave you the honor since it appears to give you such pleasure.

But don’t make the mistake thinking because you may know a little more history about the Miners, or a fact or two more, that you are more of a fan than Corona. It’s not even close. Just sayin.

I don’t claim to be more of a fan than Corona. In my opinion, if you don’t know the best player from the schools last really good team, than you’re not that big of fan. Especially since taking 5 minutes to watch highlights on YouTube isn’t worth his time.

I don’t claim to be more of a fan than Corona. In my opinion, if you don’t know the best player from the schools last really good team, than you’re not that big of fan. Especially since taking 5 minutes to watch highlights on YouTube isn’t worth his time.
Ok dude. You got me. I travel to alot of road games even during a pandemic and despite the results from the last half decade. I used to attend every home game in El Paso when I lived there. I'm not a big fan cuz I don't remember the names of the players on a team from 30 years ago when I was 5.

Unless you can prove that is the criteria for being a big fan, Corona gets the nod. 🙃

I’m just ****ing with ya, NoNCAAWins. I’m done-zo here. Go Miners!!

Ok dude. You got me. I travel to alot of road games even during a pandemic and despite the results from the last half decade. I used to attend every home game in El Paso when I lived there. I'm not a big fan cuz I don't remember the names of the players on a team from 30 years ago when I was 5.

He’s not a 2 bit player like Chris Craig, Darius Mattear, Maurice Thomas, or Damian Gosa. He’s not a never was like Nate Nixon, Franklin Jones, or any number of Floyd guys that never made it to campus. Not a walk-on like Josh Gutierrez, Ervin Youmans, or Giles Dilinek. He played in the NBA. He’s not the backup right guard on the football team.

This isn’t the 80s, where you would have to watch a bootleg tape from your grandpa.

He’s not a 2 bit player like Chris Craig, Darius Mattear, Maurice Thomas, or Damian Gosa. He’s not a never was like Nate Nixon, Franklin Jones, or any number of Floyd guys that never made it to campus. Not a walk-on like Josh Gutierrez, Ervin Youmans, or Giles Dilinek. He played in the NBA. He’s not the backup right guard on the football team.

This isn’t the 80s, where you would have to watch a bootleg tape from your grandpa.
I don't like the NBA. Don't watch it. Don't care for the players. I honestly don't even like basketball. I just watch it to root for the Miners. My favorite sports are futbol and football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT