ADVERTISEMENT

FAU

Silins and Zecevic make me nervous in this one. Both have a decent touch around the hoop plus Silins hits the 3 at a 45% clip. At 6’11”, Silins will be hard to handle. He’s too quick for Efe, Vila can’t guard a rock, and we sure as hell don’t want Bryson on him and accumulating fouls. Zecevic plays a few less minutes but shoots 60% from the floor and is also mobile for a 6’10” guy.

Not to mention that FAU,s top 5 options shoot the 3 at about 40% as a group. We have to avoid long scoring droughts, rebound on the defensive end and stay out of foul trouble or this could get ugly fast.

Silins and Zecevic make me nervous in this one. Both have a decent touch around the hoop plus Silins hits the 3 at a 45% clip. At 6’11”, Silins will be hard to handle. He’s too quick for Efe, Vila can’t guard a rock, and we sure as hell don’t want Bryson on him and accumulating fouls. Zecevic plays a few less minutes but shoots 60% from the floor and is also mobile for a 6’10” guy.

Not to mention that FAU,s top 5 options shoot the 3 at about 40% as a group. We have to avoid long scoring droughts, rebound on the defensive end and stay out of foul trouble or this could get ugly fast.

It's the same old story fellas. Need some kind of energy and spark like Stroud provided Thursday, but they only gave him 11 minutes???? If you have a hot hand let it be; don't hide him away. Wonder when BW will spring loose again. Been awhile. Let's hope we can get back in the win column today somehow, someway don't care how.

From winners and whiners...

Florida Atlantic played a solid game all around as they took down UTSA in their conference opener. The Owls have a fairly deep rotation to work with and they can come at you in waves, something that coach Dusty May likes. That versatility is important for Florida Atlantic as there are four or five guys that could go off on any given night. UTEP is still the same old team we’ve seen in recent years. The Miners continue to struggle to come up with offensive production when it matters. Even the transfers that have come in haven’t moved the needle enough to make UTEP a serious threat. Give Florida Atlantic the advantage, especially playing at home.
Jesus, is UTEP is playing Gonzaga?!

Have you seen UTEP play lately? Not like the article really played FAU up all that much. It pointed out how “UTEP is still the same old team we’ve seen in recent years”.

With that said, I hope we see the Miners smack em!

I don’t think we’re the “same old team” like the last few years, but we’re not “that good” to consider this game an easy W. Especially with all the shit going on.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I don’t think we’re the “same old team” like the last few years, but we’re not “that good” to consider this game an easy W. Especially with all the shit going on.

In the context it was said, we are very similar in that we have trouble producing offense. I’d have to agree that we are very much the same team in that regard.

Vila and Archie starting in place of Tarke and Boum. This is presumably for size?

I would take last years team, with Williams, over all this transfer shit.

Out of your mind!! Tarke archie boum and stroud have a much higher ceiling... please remember these are all sophomores or freshman with the exception of tarke

Out of your mind!! Tarke archie boum and stroud have a much higher ceiling... please remember these are all sophomores or freshman with the exception of tarke
Ehh. I’ll take Efe over Tarke and Villa. Gilyard over boum and Archie. Stroud is not a transfer.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Tarke probably needs to never shoot another 3 again. Wide open 3 today that results in an air ball.

Stroud looks like he could have one of the highest ceilings on our team. I would like to see us get him more involved.
Crazy part is he actually shot it pretty well at NJIT. I thought he was playing decently until he hurt his leg on the dunk. Against a smaller, athletic team like FIU he is a good matchup. I would like to see Stroud pick up his minutes in the second half. Vila just needs to sit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT