ADVERTISEMENT

FB on the way....you just might like this bit of info.

"Snide remarks welcome: mark@DustDevilPublishing.com."

483ed742f945c121aff333923d335b30.jpg

Reactions: picks up

Tier 5 jobs:
Significant challenges with infrastructure, support, facilities and/or location; restricted recruiting and/or fan base (regional or national); a place where bowl eligibility is always celebrated; limited history of on-field success and little or no sustained history of winning.

Tier 5 jobs:
Significant challenges with infrastructure, support, facilities and/or location; restricted recruiting and/or fan base (regional or national); a place where bowl eligibility is always celebrated; limited history of on-field success and little or no sustained history of winning.

I know people want to argue otherwise but it’s a fact.

I know people want to argue otherwise but it’s a fact.
I know we’re one of the toughest jobs in America. That’s why I think it’s foolish when fans suggest making this job even harder by removing eight penciled in conference games and trying our luck in the scheduling free market.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
I know we’re one of the toughest jobs in America. That’s why I think it’s foolish when fans suggest making this job even harder by removing eight penciled in conference games and trying our luck in the scheduling free market.

Works for our neighbors up north. Again, makes no difference what conference you’re in when you go 1-11 and make 6 bowl games in 53 years.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Works for our neighbors up north. Again, makes no difference what conference you’re in when you go 1-11 and make 6 bowl games in 53 years.
I don’t want us to go 1-11 and makes 6 bowls in 53 years. There’s no denying that being in a conference gives us a better chance at wins and bowl games.

This is the fourth time in their history they have ended without a conference. All three previous times they joined a conference and as picksup mentioned they want in a conference this time too.

Reactions: picks up
I don’t want us to go 1-11 and makes 6 bowls in 53 years. There’s no denying that being in a conference gives us a better chance at wins and bowl games.

This is the fourth time in their history they have ended without a conference. All three previous times they joined a conference and as picksup mentioned they want in a conference this time too.

The last year UTEP was independent was when they won a bowl game.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992

Nobody wants us going 1-11 or making bowl games once every 9 years, but that’s where we are. Being in a conference hasn’t helped the Miners very much. Only positive is getting more late season home games than NMSU.

How does traveling to FIU every few years and getting our ass kicked in front of 1,000 people benefit UTEP?

NMSU isn’t getting into the MWC, SBC, CUSA, or AAC. I’m sure they will be fine. Obviously not hurting them now as they’re able to beat CUSA member UTEP on a regular basis. But hey, UTEP is getting better recruits because we might get an invite to the Popeyes Bahamas Bowl!!!

Also the last time they were bowl eligible. Can’t make/win bowl games if you don’t win. Please list the last bowl eligible Independent team that did not get a bowl invite.
So you’re saying since going independent they no longer win games? Huh.

So you’re saying since going independent they no longer win games? Huh.

No context. NMSU didn’t extend his contract and they had no signees throughout that season because of it. Schools used his lame duck status against them. They do win games, they beat CUSA member UTEP.

No context. NMSU didn’t extend his contract and they had no signees throughout that season because of it. Schools used his lame duck status against them. They do win games, they beat CUSA member UTEP.
So your aspirations are to beat one of the worst teams in the history of FBS. Right on dude!

This is a false statement. I’m not surprised your puppet friend liked a comment containing false information. A lot of sheep like things without doing any research and verifying the information is true.

Remember when UAB lost their football program and then won a conference championship and a bowl game.

That's an example of sometimes having to move backwards to move forwards.
That’s an example of being forced backwards. Uab didn’t volunteer to shut their program down or volunteer to leave cusa for independence and the south land.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT