ADVERTISEMENT

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

MineroFanatico

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 11, 2015
Now that the US has played it’s final prep game before departing for Qatar, I thought it was a good time to start a MinerDigs World Cup thread.

Seems to me we should keep this thread all WC related. Any other non-world cup soccer related info should go into the usual soccer thread.

Anybody have any projections on who will win this thing?

**Also, just curious if anybody/everybody is aware how many migrant construction workers have died building all the stadiums and infrastructure for this WC? Reports from reputable sources cite that its 6500 people.

Now that the US has played it’s final prep game before departing for Qatar, I thought it was a good time to start a MinerDigs World Cup thread.

Seems to me we should keep this thread all WC related. Any other non-world cup soccer related info should go into the usual soccer thread.

**Also, just curious if anybody/everybody is aware how many migrant construction workers have died building all the stadiums and infrastructure for this WC? Reports from reputable sources cite that its 6500 people.
Our friendlies certainly didn't inspire confidence. At least we didn't lose today.

Our friendlies certainly didn't inspire confidence. At least we didn't lose today.
Yeah. Honestly, I don’t much care about results in the friendlies. It’s more about HOW we played…cohesion heading into the WC. We don’t have much, and in fact we seem disjointed between the midfield and our attack imo.

We may be able to play ourselves into a couple ties the way we’re playing as of now, but 2 points ain’t gonna help us advance. We gotta figure out quickly how to put the ball in the net.

I'm thinking Portugal vs Argentina in the final. One last epic battle between Messi and Ronaldo.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
What is everyone’s expectation then? Does anyone expect the US to make it to the knock out round?
When Berhalter’s system IS working, the USMNT can be a tough out, as was evidenced in the summer of 2021.

When it’s not working, the US can look like ass.

This is a very generic and non-committal answer, but it depends on which squad Berhalter shows up with. The play as of late ain’t gonna get it done. Somehow show up like they did over a year ago, and I like the chances. I’ll commit to an answer either way after their first game.

I'm going say England will suprise and go far. Not sure if they can win, but they are due for a good WC.

I thought either him or Ronaldo would be the first to suit up in 6 World Cups. Maybe Memo Ochoa will be the first? Its harder for a field player than a Keeper. Buffon from Italy would have done it if they would have qualified last cycle.

Carlos Acevedo is breathing down Ochoa's neck, so I would not bet on it. I am in disbelief Acevedo has not been given the starting role yet.

Carlos Acevedo is breathing down Ochoa's neck, so I would not bet on it. I am in disbelief Acevedo has not been given the starting role yet.
It doesn’t surprise me. El Conejo came out of nowhere and took the starting GK job years ago. Mexico always pulls some weird stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT