ADVERTISEMENT

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

I don't know anything about soccer but how did Germany get credit for their 4th goal when it looked obviously offside? Maybe I don't know all the ins and outs of the offside rule but it seemed offside.

VAR: “The ball was not on the ground (line)…”🫠🙄
Supposedly the ball wasn't completely out? Overhead view.
JPN-Goal-2.jpg

I don't know anything about soccer but how did Germany get credit for their 4th goal when it looked obviously offside? Maybe I don't know all the ins and outs of the offside rule but it seemed offside.
I didn't see it, but did the offside guy touch the ball?

I didn't see it, but did the offside guy touch the ball?
He scored the goal, but he was the second German to touch it. He seemed to be 5 yards ahead of everyone else. I saw the same type of play (they showed it post-game while talking about why different rulings) in a France game where Griezman was offside and was second to touch and score and VAR said offside?

He scored the goal, but he was the second German to touch it. He seemed to be 5 yards ahead of everyone else. I saw the same type of play (they showed it post-game while talking about why different rulings) in a France game where Griezman was offside and was second to touch and score and VAR said offside?
From what I understand, if you are offside on a play then you can't be involved in the play (touch the ball).

Well this is it. Sargent will likely be out so Haji starts and then Reyna (and probably Aaronson too) come in if we are down. We have to get the best players on the pitch.
So Berhalter says they put Reyna in the last SEVEN minutes against England to try and win. He probably got about 3-4 touches in that amount of time? What a strategy. GB has the reasoning ability of......Dimel.

Agree. Our best players need to be on the pitch until they can't churn anymore.

Lalas is the only guy that speaks to the lack of scoring, aggression and tracking on defense with this team. Maybe we should put him in charge.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
A successful WC for the US. Only CONCACAF team to advance. Didn’t lose in group stage. Youngest team there.

With that being said, could have been different if Berhalter did a few things differently. Not sure how Gio Reyna barely plays and if Luca De La Torre was injured, why bring him?

I don’t know why Reyna sat so much either but really impressed with Weah and Dest. And Carter Vickers is going to be a great Center Back.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
The top soccer teams in the World Cup will start playing at a higher level in the second round and beyond.
Its a different beast once youre facing elimination. The only thing that can prepare you for that type of pressure is to play for clubs that compete for league titles and champions league.

I don't know shit from Shinola when it comes to soccer but from what I saw in these 4 games it seems to me the US only hope vs very good teams is to win 1 to 0 score games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT