ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Dismel. Now.

TxRdKiller

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
Tonight's performance is UNACCEPTABLE. Fire Dana Dismel NOW. Give a new coach the rest of this season to get his/her losses under his/her belt. S/he will at least establish some parameters and expectations of success going into next year.

I can live with a 4 win season having a coaching change. No way can I accept a 4 win season in Dismel's 5th year.

Jim Senter - IF you read this board - make the change NOW. 800 thousand El Pasoans and however many alumni in and out of El Paso will eventually accept that you made a decision that was right for the program. If you want to see even 20 thousand in the stands you need to make the change NOW.

I thought it was stupid to extend his contract, this game proves it.
They came out with no passion and played the entire game that way.
He needs to fired on Monday.
My question is: Is it so hard to use a little imagination to come up with something even a little different than what we’ve seen the last 4-5 years? Is it?

I guess I’m most disappointed in my self for thinking it could be any different. SMH.

I haven’t given up on the year, on the Miners, but man, what a damper this has put on a season that has just gotten started.

Dimel owed the 45k in attendance more. What a dud!

Not sure I'm ready to fire the coach after the first game but there is no question that this loss will cost UTEP a lot of money in attendance of the future games. From a business standpoint, maybe this is a fireable offense.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I wouldve fire Dimel just from his recruiting classes alone. This is the kind of product you get from last place recruiting classes. Why didnt UTEP hit the Trasnfer portal?? Every other school hit the the transfer portal. Once Cowing left Dimel and company should've brought in a WR transfer to replace him.

My question is: Is it so hard to use a little imagination to come up with something even a little different than what we’ve seen the last 4-5 years? Is it?

I guess I’m most disappointed in my self for thinking it could be any different. SMH.

I haven’t given up on the year, on the Miners, but man, what a damper this has put on a season that has just gotten started.

Dimel owed the 45k in attendance more. What a dud!

Threw the ball almost 50 times. Dropbacked to pass around 55 or so. I dont think we have the players to run a wide open system and I dont think we have the Oline to pound the rock.

I am not sure the personnel is there to be successful in any system.

It’s clear that Hardison is not a D1 quarterback. Has a great deep ball and nothing else.
Dismel is a terrible play caller and should have the guts to admit it.
My wife knows or cares nothing about football, but heard him talk after the game and said he doesn’t like a coach, maybe a elementary school pe teacher.

It’s clear that Hardison is not a D1 quarterback. Has a great deep ball and nothing else.
Dismel is a terrible play caller and should have the guts to admit it.
My wife knows or cares nothing about football, but heard him talk after the game and said he doesn’t like a coach, maybe a elementary school pe teacher.
Same with listening to Hardison speak on the taped pregame. He sounds like a scared,nervous kid. He ain’t got that dog in him.

The crowd was also crappy. Maybe the music is not a good idea it took the crowd out of the game.
The woman, gay guy or kid playing the music thought this was a dance club the entire game playing that shit music right up till the snap.

And our fans are so dumb that we make noise when we have the ball in the red zone deafening our players. Bet a lot of the people who showed up just wanted to get hammered at the tailgate.

The post game show was tough to stomach. I had to shut it off myself. And yes, Dimel himself admitted they should’ve went into the locker room up by 14.

One thing I disagree with fans is Hardison. He showed guts who had WR’s let him down with all the crucial dropped passes. He had one bad overthrow in the corner end zone he hoped a play could be made but failed.

Dimel has great human highlight practice reel players but Flores looks to be the “go to” guy at game time.

The woman, gay guy or kid playing the music thought this was a dance club the entire game playing that shit music right up till the snap.

And our fans are so dumb that we make noise when we have the ball in the red zone deafening our players. Bet a lot of the people who showed up just wanted to get hammered at the tailgate.
The music was annoying, why have a marching band if you’re going to play music between every play?

As for the fans, I remember them making noise when the offense was on the field going back to Mike Price’s first two years. It’s shocking that people still think the Mexican Wave is fun.

Reactions: denverutep
I wouldve fire Dimel just from his recruiting classes alone. This is the kind of product you get from last place recruiting classes. Why didnt UTEP hit the Trasnfer portal?? Every other school hit the the transfer portal. Once Cowing left Dimel and company should've brought in a WR transfer to replace him.
He held Smith and Praise

Did you go to the game?
I went to the game and I agree that the constant music took the crowd out of the game. People were concerned with dancing and turning their phone flashlights on for Journey as opposed to making a legitimate noise when the Defense was on the field. In a way you’re providing a fake atmosphere instead of asking the fans to create the atmosphere, plus why have the band out there if they’re second fiddle to a DJ?

I went to the game and I agree that the constant music took the crowd out of the game. People were concerned with dancing and turning their phone flashlights on for Journey as opposed to making a legitimate noise when the Defense was on the field. In a way you’re providing a fake atmosphere instead of asking the fans to create the atmosphere, plus why have the band out there if they’re second fiddle to a DJ?

Is Dont Stop Believing overrated?

If you went and that’s what you believe, that’s fine. Foolie didn’t go and is basing his “opinion” off of what he heard on TV. Crowd noise and energy might not come over as well on TV as it is happening in the stadium.

Atmosphere doesn’t matter in games like Saturday. Could have been 10,000 or 100,000 there, UTEP still would have lost. Maybe if the game is close and exciting, the DJ music won’t matter as much.

Reactions: denverutep
Don’t mind the music if the DJ knew when to play it. NOT WHEN WE ARE ON OFFENSE! Blare some hard rock when we are on defense. Why hire someone with no knowledge. Just another UTEP f-up.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
The post game show was tough to stomach. I had to shut it off myself. And yes, Dimel himself admitted they should’ve went into the locker room up by 14.

One thing I disagree with fans is Hardison. He showed guts who had WR’s let him down with all the crucial dropped passes. He had one bad overthrow in the corner end zone he hoped a play could be made but failed.

Dimel has great human highlight practice reel players but Flores looks to be the “go to” guy at game time.

Are you related to Gavin?

Don’t mind the music if the DJ knew when to play it. NOT WHEN WE ARE ON OFFENSE! Blare some hard rock when we are on defense. Why hire someone with no knowledge. Just another UTEP f-up.

The DJ sucks. I'm glad he got the boot at the basketball games. Hopefully next year they get rid of him altogether.

Reactions: utep-piggy
Yep. Was an awful football crowd.

Great party crowd though.

Good football team? Good players, yes. Good coaching, no. It's year 5 coach and we're still hearing year 3 excuses.

You turned on Dimel pretty quick. I guess since he isn’t an alum or university buddy, he doesn’t deserve the extra time like Floyd and Kugler got.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT