ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Terry

NY/NJminer

All Star
Oct 6, 2001
Does anyone have any pull with any of the big boosters? I think it's time to start applying pressure and fundraising to buy out that contract. this is miserable. Sad to see where the program is at this point. Not only does the team suck, it's a bit unlikeable when they just quit.

If not for Covid, there would probably be no excuse for the small crowds. at least no one is around to watch it.

Last edited:
And we are going to have to suffer through another year of football and basketball with both of these guys. This program is going to be driven into the ground and it will take years for the next person to set it right. We will have to get a ton of JC transfers in both sports and that is not a great long term solution.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I believe his buyout would have been 500k had he had a Billy G type of career here. If he didn't we're stuck with his entire contract.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Does anyone have any pull with any of the big boosters? I think it's time to start applying pressure and fundraising to buy out that contract. this is miserable. Sad to see where the program is at this point. Not only does the team suck, it's a bit unlikeable when they just quit.

If not for Covid, there would probably be no excuse for the small crowds. at least no one is around to watch it.

I don’t think there are any big $ donors left.

I don’t think there are any big $ donors left.
Where is Antonio Davis, Hardaway, Julian Stone, any other players who have been playing overseas. They were making a pretty penny. None could do it on their own, but as a group they should be able to handle it.

Reactions: kickballpro
Where is Antonio Davis, Hardaway, Julian Stone, any other players who have been playing overseas. They were making a pretty penny. None could do it on their own, but as a group they should be able to handle it.

Julyan Stone doesn’t have the money to buy out Terry’s contract. Antonio Davis and Tim Hardaway might, but I would guess Tim Hardaway Jr has made more than all 3 combined. Unfortunately, he wanted to play on TV and in the NCAA tournament and didn’t go here.

With that being said, why should they buyout the contract? What’s in it for them? UTEP is stuck with CRT, unless the administration decides to get rid of him.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106

Wilson better be sucking up hard to Foster and Hunt.

Julyan Stone doesn’t have the money to buy out Terry’s contract. Antonio Davis and Tim Hardaway might, but I would guess Tim Hardaway Jr has made more than all 3 combined. Unfortunately, he wanted to play on TV and in the NCAA tournament and didn’t go here.

With that being said, why should they buyout the contract? What’s in it for them? UTEP is stuck with CRT, unless the administration decides to get rid of him.
That’s why I said it had to be a group of people. As to why, many ex players donate to the college that they played for.
Utep does a terrible job with their alumni!

There’s so much disinterest in the program, are we sure AD, Timmy and Stone even know or care who the current head coach is?

Agree. Why in the hell are Foster and Hardaway going to cut a check for 1.5 million that will be deposited in Terry's bank account a few days later?? They aren't going to work hard for their money to have it given to a guy who couldn't get the job done.

Agree. Why in the hell are Foster and Hardaway going to cut a check for 1.5 million that will be deposited in Terry's bank account a few days later?? They aren't going to work hard for their money to have it given to a guy who couldn't get the job done.

Let’s face it, a couple of ex-Miners aren’t going to buy out a black head coach here. Not happening if he were white, definitely not happening with Terry.

"Hi, Mr. Senter... we used to play here back when you were in your 20s. We want you to fire the current head coach. Here's a check for $1.5 million...."

Not saying that have to pay off Terry’s contract. Just donate to the school, let Wilson decide what to with the money.

Let’s face is this athletic department has been swirling slowly down the toilet bowl since 2006. They have made nothing but bad hires and it’s slowly dried up the fan base and the donor base.

And it’s like you guys have said UTEP has absolutely no connection to their alumni, athletes or not. Aaron Jones is playing in the NFC title game and the university could not say anything on Twitter? It’s nothing but mismanagement from the top down. If I were Greg Foster I would not donate a dime to buy out Terry especially since I was passed over for the HC position.

I guess being an assistant at the NBA (13-current), being a NBA player, assistant at collegiate level can get you that "Stetson" gig so you move up to UTEP?

Yup. Doesn’t mean he can recruit or be a head coach. If he’s SO great, why hasn’t anyone else hired him with those qualifications. Just because some still have Haskins boners, doesn’t mean he should be the head coach here.

We’ve hired proven coaches and they have failed. The only post Haskins coaches that have succeeded here were the first time head coaches.

Let’s face is this athletic department has been swirling slowly down the toilet bowl since 2006. They have made nothing but bad hires and it’s slowly dried up the fan base and the donor base.

And it’s like you guys have said UTEP has absolutely no connection to their alumni, athletes or not. Aaron Jones is playing in the NFC title game and the university could not say anything on Twitter? It’s nothing but mismanagement from the top down. If I were Greg Foster I would not donate a dime to buy out Terry especially since I was passed over for the HC position.

To make it worse, the die-hard olds that have sustained the program forever had the perfect excuse to check out — COVID. They’re not coming back.

And the younger fans? Bwahaha

To make it worse, the die-hard olds that have sustained the program forever had the perfect excuse to check out — COVID. They’re not coming back.

And the younger fans? Bwahaha

Blame the young fans all you want. 3 really good years since 1992 and all 3 came during a 6 year span; doesn’t give people much to cheer about!
UTEP has only themselves to blame for their dwindling fan base.

Blame the young fans all you want. 3 really good years since 1992 and all 3 came during a 6 year span; doesn’t give people much to cheer about!
UTEP has only themselves to blame for their dwindling fan base.

Sure, but UTEP students suck ass as fans.

Well said.

How the **** do you know? I don’t know if I’ve ever heard a decent suggestion from you.

Here’s the thing: the next hires UTEP make, whether it be basketball, football, AD, anyone. Just hire the best candidate with the money available. Who cares if they’re a UTEP alum, an old coach, young coach, local coach, white, black, Mexican, whatever. Best candidate available.

Here’s the thing: the next hires UTEP make, whether it be basketball, football, AD, anyone. Just hire the best candidate with the money available. Who cares if they’re a UTEP alum, an old coach, young coach, local coach, white, black, Mexican, whatever. Best candidate available.
Obviously. Not like coaches would be lining up for a shot to pull UTEP fb or bb out of the gutter. Our options will be minimal, in both sports. I don’t give a **** if our next coach is alum or not. I mention Foster because he wanted the job before. He was a very cerebral player. High bb IQ. He may coach the same way. I don’t know. He’s a name I know. Anyone who coaches here is gonna be a question mark. Anyone will be a gamble. With Foster we’d have a guy with some investment in UTEP bb.

Obviously. Not like coaches would be lining up for a shot to pull UTEP fb or bb out of the gutter. Our options will be minimal, in both sports. I don’t give a **** if our next coach is alum or not. I mention Foster because he wanted the job before. He was a very cerebral player. High bb IQ. He may coach the same way. I don’t know. He’s a name I know. Anyone who coaches here is gonna be a question mark. Anyone will be a gamble. With Foster we’d have a guy with some investment in UTEP bb.

And I’m not saying that’s a bad choice if his name were to be in the mix for the job. If he’s the best candidate available at the price UTEP is willing to pay, then so be it. I’m just saying overall UTEP is already limiting its pool of candidates due to poor play and shitty pay there’s no need for us to want only a certain type of coach.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
And I’m not saying that’s a bad choice if his name were to be in the mix for the job. If he’s the best candidate available at the price UTEP is willing to pay, then so be it. I’m just saying overall UTEP is already limiting its pool of candidates due to poor play and shitty pay there’s no need for us to want only a certain type of coach.
With everything you said, I’d agree, except that I’m not sure who suggested wanting only a certain type of coach though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT