ADVERTISEMENT

First in the portal, post Golding hiring

Onyema's dad? Well looks like we are gonna see what Onyema is really made of now. He is pretty much it on the front line for the moment.
yeah I am sure its his pops, but not sure why people talk up this Onyema kid, not a diss to him or anyone on the board but just a name I guess I haven't followed or know.

Reactions: kickballpro
yeah I am sure its his pops, but not sure why people talk up this Onyema kid, not a diss to him or anyone on the board but just a name I guess I haven't followed or know.
Did you ever see him play Bigwood? I'm sure he has deficiencies and a lot to learn, but he's the most aggressive big to the rim we've seen here since Vince Hunter. He's got a great frame and is still growing too. Think Tchatchoua from Baylor.

Did you ever see him play Bigwood? I'm sure he has deficiencies and a lot to learn, but he's the most aggressive big to the rim we've seen here since Vince Hunter. He's got a great frame and is still growing too. Think Tchatchoua from Baylor.
Nah I guess I really didn't pay attention to him or see enough game time of him, I'll check him out further, maybe towards the latter part of the year when Efe is out I think I saw a few mins here and there but really didn't stand out to me. That is a positive that he is a finisher, Golding seems to like to feed his big men and get them going towards the rack. Telling you bro, after year two I was totally checked out of what Terry was doing besides what I was seeing on ESPN 3 lol

I have no doubt Golding will be able to coach him up. Too much energy and explosiveness to go to waste riding the pine.

Reactions: axingfools1

Is this a good sign? A lot of you like Onyema but idk who this kid is...

Onyema's dad? Well looks like we are gonna see what Onyema is really made of now. He is pretty much it on the front line for the moment.

I saw him play, in a loss, when he was in HS in San Antonio. He was the best player on his team but I did not see basketball fineness, just pure athletic ability very raw. If Golding follows the Beard mentality of preaching hard work AND IF Onyema buys into it he could be molded to something special.

I saw him play, in a loss, when he was in HS in San Antonio. He was the best player on his team but I did not see basketball fineness, just pure athletic ability very raw. If Golding follows the Beard mentality of preaching hard work AND IF Onyema buys into it he could be molded to something special.
I saw him play for the Miners, in a couple of wins, in the last few minutes of games. Once he took a pass on the baseline left of the basket. He immediately took one dribble and threw down a reverse dunk on the right side. The other time he a took a pass at the top of the key, flew down the lane and was dunking it a second later.

I agree. There was little finesse in either move, but a lot of athleticism, aggression and power.

Onyema is a highlight reel looking for a place to happen but he is RAW. Very RAW. Needs tons of coaching to find himself within his seemingly incredible athleticism.

Nah I guess I really didn't pay attention to him or see enough game time of him, I'll check him out further, maybe towards the latter part of the year when Efe is out I think I saw a few mins here and there but really didn't stand out to me. That is a positive that he is a finisher, Golding seems to like to feed his big men and get them going towards the rack. Telling you bro, after year two I was totally checked out of what Terry was doing besides what I was seeing on ESPN 3 lol
Terry literally never played him. Makes sense you don’t know much about him. He will bring it, I’m glad they are opening up to Golding... Or at least appears to

I don’t know why you think that sjoland, veréhovenn, Kennedy, biennemy are talented players. They all suck. Terry did not bring talent to ep other than Williams (even though cbs has him ranked as the 89 th best player in the transfer portal) and boom. But not even they could play defense. We need some hard nosed Defensive players who could defend. Even if their limited on offense. Defense still wins games in college basketball. Terry got a bunch of finesse players with mediocre talent at best, who had a hard time defending.

I don’t know why you think that sjoland, veréhovenn, Kennedy, biennemy are talented players. They all suck. Terry did not bring talent to ep other than Williams (even though cbs has him ranked as the 89 th best player in the transfer portal) and boom. But not even they could play defense. We need some hard nosed Defensive players who could defend. Even if their limited on offense. Defense still wins games in college basketball. Terry got a bunch of finesse players with mediocre talent at best, who had a hard time defending.
Or maybe they were poorly coached/utilized?

We can be certain Golding will demand defensive effort.

The raw athleticism. When Onyema had the chance to play in garbage time, the TV announcers even said, "Now keep an eye out for Onyema because he's probably going to throw down a monster dunk." You can't deny the potential. Now, is he coachable? Can he learn to play defense as dominantly as he can dunk? I lost faith that Terry had any ability to coach up his players, but maybe Golding is just what the doctor ordered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT