ADVERTISEMENT

FIU game

Body language didn’t look good for our team, showed until that final second. They look like they just wanted the game to be over, even Bryson looked frustrated. I hope everything’s good in our locker room, hopefully I’m reading too much into things. Players that looked well for me tonight were Edwards, Stroud, and even Williams who didn’t have his usual game. Efe looked like he could have helped more if given the chance with the limited opportunity he got today. We look exhausted, and can only think minute distribution would help out a ton. Tough loss today. Go miners

Lack of chemistry showed. Lathon had been getting most of the minutes that were spread out a bit today. Not to mention the change to give more minutes to Tarke and Verhoeven, less to Vila.

A couple more games should help but I still think we lose half our remaining games beginning with today's game.

I Know FIU is good this year but this was an embarrassing loss:

Turnovers, Stroud doesn't play the second half, Efe doesn't play much the second half if any, Vila turns the ball over with 13 seconds to go, no foul after the last missed free throw.

A few question to Terry and staff:
1. How does someone who scores 10 points in 5 minutes not play in the 2nd half.

2. Why do you keep playing a guy that can't defend the rim when you have another that can and a double double guy on the bench?

3. How much do you make these run for each turnover?

A few question to Terry and staff:
1. How does someone who scores 10 points in 5 minutes not play in the 2nd half.

2. Why do you keep playing a guy that can't defend the rim when you have another that can and a double double guy on the bench?

3. How much do you make these run for each turnover?
I know it is just one game, but I would like to see more of Stroud ahead of both Tarke and Archie. Every time Tarke and Archie touch the ball, I am expecting them to turn the ball over. You just can't win with such an inability to take care of the ball.

Lack of chemistry showed. Lathon had been getting most of the minutes that were spread out a bit today. Not to mention the change to give more minutes to Tarke and Verhoeven, less to Vila.

A couple more games should help but I still think we lose half our remaining games beginning with today's game.

It appeared that Vila had the best seat in the house to watch the game, right on the playing floor. The guy contributes more on the bench than on the floor

The entire situation from opening tip to final buzzer is beyond belief and explanation. Not just this rotten game, but most of the season. Such a long list of unanswered questions and concerns about this team and this game; way too many to enumerate here, but most have already been posed.
My optimistic outlook and today's game prediction was short lived; nipped in the bud.
Stroud????????

The entire situation from opening tip to final buzzer is beyond belief and explanation. Not just this rotten game, but most of the season. Such a long list of unanswered questions and concerns about this team and this game; way too many to enumerate here, but most have already been posed.
My optimistic outlook and today's game prediction was short lived; nipped in the bud.
Stroud????????
I think Miners started strong. Vila is a head scratcher.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Just saw the box score. Stroud had 10 points, 4 offensive rebounds and a blocked shot in a grand total of 11 minutes.
In 38 minutes Boum was 2 for 12
In 22 minutes Tarke was 1 for 7 with 5 turnovers
Efe only played 7 minutes
Archie in 6 minutes called for 4 fouls
Game after game the opponent shoots double or more free throws than us.
And so it goes.

Last edited:
I did predict us to drop a game in the Florida road trip. I thought it was going to be against FAU. I’m a bit worried we will start 0-2.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
One of the many things that has driven me crazy this season is how players are not rewarded by the staff for playing hard/well in games. Stroud played really well against Eastern NM, and for his efforts kept the bench nice and warm for several games thereafter. Hawkins and Tarke were outstanding against East Central, but didn't see any increase in playing time until just recently. Efe played extremely well in the first half against Ball State, and has seen a total of 21 minutes in the last two games. And today, as miserable as the first half was, it would have been far worse if not for Stroud's 10 points and 4 offensive baords. His reward? Watching the second half from the bench. There should be a reward for busting your ass and playing well.

Other thoughts:

Tarke's energy and 8 boards were welcome, but his 5 TOs weren't. And what the hell is he doing shooting three 3 pointers? He needs to take care of the ball MUCH better, and only take high percentage shots right now.

I was hoping that Boum had busted out of a his season opening slump with some of his recent shooting performances, but his 0-6 from 3 didn't help today. Oh, and on his drives to the basket, does he believe that he gets extra points for increasing the degree of difficulty on his shots?

I've worried recently that sometimes Williams tries to do too much. A great example is when a tall and athletic Houston squad had an excellent defensive gameplan to contain him, but he still tried to force his offense. Today I didn't think that he was aggressive enough.

Edwards played his best game in a long time. It's too bad that we didn't try to feed him down the stretch.

Lathon's departure gave Hawkins the minutes that many of us, including me, have been hoping for most of the season that he would receive. His play today was meh, at best.

We called a timeout to set up the play that resulted in the Vila turnover?

It's frustrating that, as axing pointed out, we did so many of the little things wrong, and still had a chance to win at the end. If only we were fundamentally sound...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT