ADVERTISEMENT

FIU vs UTEP OPT

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
UTEP fans have switched to basketball season and what a season so far all around!

However, back at the Sun Bowl Ponderosa Dimel is finishing off another lack luster season. FIU is finishing strong but you got to admit the Brownholtz Moxy is fun too watch.
Check out this article from El Paso Times:

UTEP 25
FIU 28

FIU has two winnable games in front of them to reach bowl eligibility for their first year HC. Before the season this was a win but now I'm leaning the other way. It seems that when we are in these "playoffs" type of games the other team wants it more.

P 17
U 28

FIU has two winnable games in front of them to reach bowl eligibility for their first year HC. Before the season this was a win but now I'm leaning the other way. It seems that when we are in these "playoffs" type of games the other team wants it more.

P 17
U 28
P U it is😅

UTEP- 24
FIU- 21

This will be a tough game for the Miners, and maybe the only chance for a win.

Unless Brownholtz is a hidden gem, I expect it'll be a blowout because why have confidence in this team?
Nothing this year has suggested a blowout to this team so not sure what you're watching. Yes UTEP has disappointed this year we know that. The exception of course is the Boise St. game. However besides 1st game of the season against N. Taxas and game against Oklahoma, when have the Miners been blown out!?!? Especially against a team like FIU. You're take has no basis at least this year.
Brownholtz Boys 23
Panthorettes 21

When I first glanced at the title, I thought it said, "FILI VS UTEP" and thought that should be interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
Nothing this year has suggested a blowout to this team so not sure what you're watching. Yes UTEP has disappointed this year we know that. The exception of course is the Boise St. game. However besides 1st game of the season against N. Taxas and game against Oklahoma, when have the Miners been blown out!?!? Especially against a team like FIU. You're take has no basis at least this year.
Brownholtz Boys 23
Panthorettes 21
Like I said, I have no confidence and you just proved my point.

Game Time Forecast: Partly ⛅
Kickoff Temperature: 50° at 🕑
Winds: East 10- 20 MPH
Chance of 🌧': 0%
Opening Line courtesy of vegasonline.com:
UTEP --14.5 (51.5)
Currently:
UTEP -13 or -14 (51 or 51.5)
UTEP 35
FIU 21

Game Time Forecast: Partly ⛅
Kickoff Temperature: 50° at 🕑
Winds: East 10- 20 MPH
Chance of 🌧': 0%
Opening Line courtesy of vegasonline.com:
UTEP --14.5 (51.5)
Currently:
UTEP -13 or -14 (51 or 51.5)
UTEP 35
FIU 21
I expect Brownholtz to have a solid game just because he is hard to bring down for a qb and is not afraid to hit an open lane and plays with no fear. That's also a liability because he also forces plays.

But I can't see UTEP closing this game out after what I saw against hapless MTSU and Rice with no Roni.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Easy win.

Utep 27
FIwho 10

FIU is gelling together under their new HC MacIntyre. They were stumbling and fumbling coming out but have made good, not great, but good improvement. Dimel has once again shown progress as a head coach can be illusive for him for some reason?

Liberty, along with WKU, will be top dog next year in CUSA, but I can see FIU in top 5.

Reactions: MinerFan79
FIU is gelling together under their new HC MacIntyre. They were stumbling and fumbling coming out but have made good, not great, but good improvement. Dimel has once again shown progress as a head coach can be illusive for him for some reason?

Liberty, along with WKU, will be top dog next year in CUSA, but I can see FIU in top 5.
What do you see them doing on the field that has improved from the beginning of the season? Don't see them gelling at all. They look like a floundering team to me. Their pass defense and run defense has gotten worse as the season has progressed. Their quarterback has 7 turnovers in the last five games. I understand you hate Dimel, but to give MacIntyre credit for improvements while shitting on Dimel is a bit of a stretch.

Seems to me that this game will be close. Miners just play hard enough to win this game. I suspect they are looking ahead to UTSA. Which makes this match up a possible trap game..
Miners 28
FIU 27

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Well, you can watch the game on ESPN+, but there are no announcers calling the game.

The UTEP athletics site didn't even have a link to watch the stream. Ditto on the ESPN.com site. It took some searching on the ESPN+ site to find it.

Reactions: JCorona
Well, you can watch the game on ESPN+, but there are no announcers calling the game.

The UTEP athletics site didn't even have a link to watch the stream. Ditto on the ESPN.com site. It took some searching on the ESPN+ site to find it.
I prefer the game like this. Wind, crowd, and players is all I need to hear in this game.

Reactions: utep2step
Their qb is grasping the offense better and letting the offense develop. Their wr’s are getting better.

However, the D is rested and their line has not faced a player like Praise or our linebackers.

We will Bravo today as well, so buckle up! (It was posted on social media but since removed).
How so for the QB? He completed 35% of his passes last game.

They said Hardison couldn’t play if he wanted to. He tested positive for Covid.

Audio is back on the tv broadcast. The Miners D stepped up and got a 3 and out. We’re back on offense. We need to put these guys away and not let them hang around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT