ADVERTISEMENT

FIU vs UTEP OPT

Texas Southern in 07 did I hear correctly? 41 by the 3rd in that big 09 Houston upset according to Teich.

This is not the FIU team I saw on TV a month ago but then again I did not know their O line was decimated?
If you want to talk about OLine being decimated, that was UTSA after the Texas game. They lost 7 after that game. They had to move Dline players over and had walk ons playing..:didn’t seem to bother them though. 😆

Reactions: MinerFan79
Unexpected dominating performance by the Miners. Let's see how they play against a much, much better UTSA team with a bowl game on the line
My post-game "high" bad take:
If Dimel manages to beat UTSA next week he deserves another year extension.

• Angry
Reactions: FarWestTexas
My post-game "high" bad take:
If Dimel manages to beat UTSA next week he deserves another year extension.
Absolutely not. Unless he smashes some good team in the bowl game.

If he had beat UNT, MTSU, and Rice, it would have been a really good season. Even though they should have beat the Lobos, the Boise win makes it a wash.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Unexpected dominating performance by the Miners. Let's see how they play against a much, much better UTSA team with a bowl game on the line
UTSA has an outside shot at a New Year's Day Bowl as the representative for the Group of 6. Tulane, UCF and Cincinnati all could obtain another loss. Cincinnati plays Tulane this next week, knocking one off, and UCF plays the winner in the title game. UTSA wins out, they may pass them as I believe only 5 places in the poll separate them.

They are not going to want to have a close game as style points are going to crucial against UTEP. This game may be ugly.

UTSA has an outside shot at a New Year's Day Bowl as the representative for the Group of 6. Tulane, UCF and Cincinnati all could obtain another loss. Cincinnati plays Tulane this next week, knocking one off, and UCF plays the winner in the title game. UTSA wins out, they may pass them as I believe only 5 places in the poll separate them.

They are not going to want to have a close game as style points are going to crucial against UTEP. This game may be ugly.

No way UTSA gets picked over AAC top three. UTEP is expected to get throttled but put yourself in J1 bowl committee? Would you chose UTSA over any of those top AAC 3? Over UCF? Over Cincy? Heck no.

No way UTSA gets picked over AAC top three. UTEP is expected to get throttled but put yourself in J1 bowl committee? Would you chose UTSA over any of those top AAC 3? Over UCF? Over Cincy? Heck no.
It doesn't matter, if they are ranked higher. The highest ranked team gets in. UTSA is within 5 spots of the highest ranked one, and if all lose a game ahead of them, they have a chance. Therefore the expectation of them taking it easy against UTEP is what this is about. Since they still have a chance they are going to try and run up the score.

Reactions: utep-piggy
It doesn't matter, if they are ranked higher. The highest ranked team gets in. UTSA is within 5 spots of the highest ranked one, and if all lose a game ahead of them, they have a chance. Therefore the expectation of them taking it easy against UTEP is what this is about. Since they still have a chance they are going to try and run up the score.
I think you’re absolutely correct. UTSA is still salty that they had to go to Frisco for a bowl game last year. That really left a bad taste in their mouth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT