ADVERTISEMENT

Floyd has resigned!

Holy shit!! Mission Accomplished gentlemen. I consider it an honor to have served with every one of you in emailing the Athletic Department. And After seeing two awful coaches fired in the span of 6 months this is truly a new day for UTEP Athletics. Remember this day “We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.” HA HA!

Is this for real!!!!??? If so things are really changing and Senter has his work cut out for himself, but gets a clean slate and his people!

Reactions: FarWestTexas
So this year we had the first in-season football and basketball coach to get run.

Honestly, I didn't think Floyd was ever going to fall on his sword.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
So this year we had the first in-season football and basketball coach to get run.

Honestly, I didn't think Floyd was ever going to fall on his sword.

Gotta be a record of some sort. Least games coached combined for a basketball and football coach at the D1 level.

I did notice that Phil Johnson wasn't at the game today. I wonder who is going to be the interim coach.

It sucks because last year he promised the Calvary was coming. Bob Stull e-mailed a letter to all the fans telling us that this year will be different. I think in his heart he really thought this was the year. I believe, that behind the scenes, he fought to comeback and coach this group. Unfortunately, they just aren't good.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Holy shit!! Mission Accomplished gentlemen. I consider it an honor to have served with every one of you in emailing the Athletic Department. And After seeing two awful coaches fired in the span of 6 months this is truly a new day for UTEP Athletics. Remember this day “We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.” HA HA!
You guys give yourselves way too much credit.

For as much grief as I gave him the last few years, the pain in his voice made me very sympathetic to him. It's sad that it's come to this. It just wasn't meant to be.

From what I have been reading online he resigned mostly because of health issues and he wanted to spend more time with his grandchildren.

Felix Chavez‏@Fchavezeptimes
Tim Floyd said it's been a tough time for him personally the past few weeks. He didn't go into specifics but I'm guessing he had some health issues.

Randy Peterson‏Verified account@RandyPete 33m33 minutes ago
I talked to both Tim Floyd and his wife last week at the tourney and at the Myrtle airport. We talked about our families. They said they want to spend more time w/ their grand children, who live in Nashville.

Well good luck to him. I'm just happy we get to turn the page and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT