ADVERTISEMENT

Football “promotions” released

10102014_Froggy_Free_Beer.jpg

Reactions: picks up
1. How do they not email this to season ticket holders?

2. These are themes not promotions.
I got the email with the title “UTEP Fall Sports Single-Game Tickets on Sale, Football Promotions Announced”

UTEP knows nothing about promotions.

Serious question. Does UTEP have a marketing department. If so they should be fired sooner than Dismel and Senter!

Reactions: kickballpro
1.) Unihorn is correct in that these are themes, not promotions.

2.) These "promotions" remind me of the college student who has a 1,500 word essay due, but instead of adding more substance, he instead just starts unnecessarily expanding on what he has already written. For example, it took 17 words just to simply say Senior Night: "A special pregame recognition of the outgoing football senior class will occur, applauding their careers at UTEP."

Remember the Houston Baptist game a couple of years ago? 34k in attendance. They got that many because they sold a block of 10k to the construction industry and it worked very well. The Bethune-Cookman game is construction association night. I'm thinking another bLock of tickets will be bought by that group at a discount. If it works out like that and UTEP beats NMSU in the opener, we could see a very good crowd for B-C.

Reactions: kickballpro
Remember the Houston Baptist game a couple of years ago? 34k in attendance. They got that many because they sold a block of 10k to the construction industry and it worked very well. The Bethune-Cookman game is construction association night. I'm thinking another bLock of tickets will be bought by that group at a discount. If it works out like that and UTEP beats NMSU in the opener, we could see a very good crowd for B-C.
They also gave free tickets to the school districts and had $5 tickets too.

I don't know the budgets but I imagine having game sponsors rake in more money than an extra 200 tickets would sell for if they cost $5 less.

Lol if tickets cost $5 instead of $10 then maybe 200 more people show up. I'm sure the game sponsors contributed more than that.
Yes, but that might be 200 people that are turned into fans, season ticket holders, etc. Everyone starts somewhere. Not saying tickets should be $5 every game for life, but usually when November rolls around, tickets remain full price and we get some Fan Council member saying “we made more money this year”. That’s good I guess, but you will never truly grow your fanbase. Also, throwing out unverifiable numbers only goes so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT