Football Recruiting

MinerFan79

MI Regular
Sep 19, 2020
Westlake, Texas
You beat me to it. I was about to say the same thing. Basically we all know this isn’t going to be an overnight fix. It’s going to take 3-5 recruiting classes before we are competitive. An extra week or two recruiting will not make much of a difference this coming season anyway. I rather him finish his commitment to KSU than jump on board over here. It shows a lot of his character.
Looking online I saw that he is a former 3 star recruit but only has 2 career tackles and 1 pass defended. But who cares, let’s see what he brings to the table.
He brought a lot actually

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
I remember reading or hearing that during open tryouts (every program has to allow an open tryout to any interested student) under Kugler a candidate had to run at or under a specific time (100 yard dash) to even get a whiff from the staff. I have no clue how other programs do it, but right now "beggars can't be choosers" under the Dimel regime.

Cube Jack

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
El Paso, TX
I remember reading or hearing that during open tryouts (every program has to allow an open tryout to any interested student) under Kugler a candidate had to run at or under a specific time (100 yard dash) to even get a whiff from the staff. I have no clue how other programs do it, but right now "beggars can't be choosers" under the Dimel regime.
Pretty much anyone who played a down of high school football will get excited then 99% of them will get sent home. Of the remaining people maybe one makes practice team if he's lucky and never suits for a single game.

Reactions: utep2step

Lord Chabelo

All Star
Feb 11, 2019
I remember reading or hearing that during open tryouts (every program has to allow an open tryout to any interested student)

I know Rabedeaux did not hold open tryouts and would have his assistants lie their behinds off to students to prevent them from trying out.

Latest posts