ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyrin Smith is number 2️⃣ in your programs, but number 1️⃣ in this year’s issue of <a href="https://twitter.com/dctf?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@dctf</a>. Congrats to @Datboismitty2 for being named the 2020 TOP player in the SWJCFC!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WRANGLERUP?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#WRANGLERUP</a> <a href="https://t.co/lzp1iC1nIE">pic.twitter.com/lzp1iC1nIE</a></p>&mdash; Cisco Junior College Football (@CiscoWranglerFB) <a href="">June 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
I hope he turns out to be a beast. I’m weary of guys with UTEP as their lone FBS offer.

With good reason. We’ve even had the national JUCO offensive player of the year join the Miners, and we all know how well that turned out.

There’s a reason UTEP was his best option.

With that said, I hope this guy turns out to be a diamond in the rough. We could one...or 10.

Local sports media say he's a play maker.

He looks like he could be a really good LB if he adds some weight. He could bring good speed to the position. If you watch his Hudl, he sheds blocks pretty good, but will be get better with more strength. He also, brings his hips when he tackles most of the time. He's far too slow to be a D1 WR or deep Safety unless they want to use him as a hybrid in the box guy that can kick out to the slot in a pinch. Other than that, I don't know where else he could be successful.

He looks like he could be a really good LB if he adds some weight. He could bring good speed to the position. If you watch his Hudl, he sheds blocks pretty good, but will be get better with more strength. He also, brings his hips when he tackles most of the time. He's far too slow to be a D1 WR or deep Safety unless they want to use him as a hybrid in the box guy that can kick out to the slot in a pinch. Other than that, I don't know where else he could be successful.

I see the same things. Makes me wonder if he is a PWO. He doesn't move his arms well, he's naturally fast but doesn't move Naturally. Plays way to high. Needs alot of work on his back peddle. Looks like alot of the good players in El Paso.

Reactions: Taco1977
Signing Day is in two weeks and we currently have 1 HS guy committed per 247sports. We also have the JC WR. Added to the JC QB that we signed in December and the K State CB Grad Transfer and we only have 4 scholarships accounted for.

With everybody getting the extra year back, there should be more quality high school recruits available this year than most normal years. Can we at least get a few of them?

Signing Day is in two weeks and we currently have 1 HS guy committed per 247sports. We also have the JC WR. Added to the JC QB that we signed in December and the K State CB Grad Transfer and we only have 4 scholarships accounted for.

With everybody getting the extra year back, there should be more quality high school recruits available this year than most normal years. Can we at least get a few of them?
Who wants to board a sinking ship?

Reactions: utep-piggy
Any specifics?
And why hasn’t Dimel added a dual threat QB that is better suited for his type of offense? Dimel is entering his fourth year.

As for the quarterback. He had a quarterback that would have fit his system, but some issues between that quarterback and a coach made the situation untenable to continue. One more thing I'll add is that in the past they didn't have a guy on the staff that was a good recruiter. Very little follow up with guys that they want to get. I think that's why we only seem to get JUCO players that aren't very good and have limited upside or HS school kids that may have upside if you can get them to buy into working out. Coach Warner is going to be a great addition just because of his recruiting prowess alone. That guy is a dog with after a bone when it comes to recruiting. Hopefully, he can rub off on some other coaches. Of course none of it will matter if there isn't some major improvement with the on the field play.

Last edited:
I’m surprised by the few number of transfers and JUCOs signed so far. Mostly high school kids who may play in 3-4 years. I thought Dimel would would go heavy JUCO given his lack of success and pending contract expiration.

I’m surprised by the few number of transfers and JUCOs signed so far. Mostly high school kids who may play in 3-4 years. I thought Dimel would would go heavy JUCO given his lack of success and pending contract expiration.
He is planning for the future since he just got a 5 year extension. J/K

He has finally figured out how to build a program from the ground up, maybe!

Hell yes! This kid is going to play in the next two season for sure. Kid has some real going natural abelites to work with. The 3 star kid is gonna have to move to safety. He doesn't look very fluid on his hudl film.
Didn't Nik Needham get thrown into the fire his first year?

Reactions: kickballpro
John Burris may redshirt, but look out year two! There's going to be some CBs transferring because of him I think. Now we need to start getting some 6'2/6'3 RBs with long arms and turn them into DEs!

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT