ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Nice interview on krod600 espn with Jakolby Longino, our new freshman QB. Sounds mature for his age and is the first southpaw QB in a longtime at UTEP. I know that Johnny Furman from the sixties is one. Any others?

Reactions: axingfools1
Nice interview on krod600 espn with Jakolby Longino, our new freshman QB. Sounds mature for his age and is the first southpaw QB in a longtime at UTEP. I know that Johnny Furman from the sixties is one. Any others?
Just FYI, Kai sounded very mature in the same interview a few years back also. Just saying that was my impression. It's a good start though.

Just FYI, Kai sounded very mature in the same interview a few years back also. Just saying that was my impression. It's a good start though.

It’s way too early to make assumptions about anything regarding these players. Let’s let them show up, get settled and complete. I want to see how they fare and if they can push these guys for their starting jobs in a year or two.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Just visited the UTEP YouTube channel and watched the recording of the spring football kickoff show hosted by Teicher. Enjoyed it but then during a pandemic almost anything Miner related helps. Anyway one interesting comment by the new OC when asked what he thought of the Miner offense after watching film was that the Miners have talent but committed too many penalties and had too many turnovers. He said that has to be cleaned up. I would think that the OC has to be held responsible for the execution, or lack thereof and maybe that's why we have a new one.

Dimel stated that Hardison will be expected to be able to change any call at the line of scrimmage in order to attack the defense he sees. I hope he's up for that.

Critical thinking... he's a local kid who some may be hoping goes to UTEP. By posting his visits, one could decipher that UTEP is not in the picture. Thus, the post is UTEP-related.

I guess he'd have to play in a local flag football league for you to care.
Easy there. Lighten up Francis. All he said is that UTEP isn't listed

Can’t blame the kid for transferring in order to possibly play right away. We all know UTEP needs all the help it can get with its highly dysfunctional passing game.

Last edited:
Can’t blame the kid for transferring in order to possibly play right away. We all know UTEP needs all the help it can get with its highly dysfunctional passing game.
UTEP has more than a capable qb. He needs a Johnnie Lee Higgins or a Lorne Sam type wr and better play calling from Dimel.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT