ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Plus a running QB always runs the risk of getting injured. Worst case scenario we don’t get Locksley and Metz wins the starting job. Chances are he’s going to get knocked out. You are always one hit away from being the man.

Manny Harris is another JUCO QB, I wonder if that means they don't feel too confident about landing Locksley????

Covering bases is my guess. Harris is stout at about 225-230. KSU usually liked em big...and dual threat. Fits the prototype if Dimel is going to run the same offense.

[Manny Harris] "One of Copperas Cove High’s most decorated players in school history, Harris passed for 1,723 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior despite missing three games because of an injury. He passed for 3,775 yards and 38 touchdowns as a junior."

Damn. Excellent numbers senior year and missed 3 games! He and Locksley took the same path because both knew they would probably never start.

Locksley has to be a 50-50 shot (with Pitt). He has a NMSU offer and Rogers is gone, however, NMSU is overloaded at QB unless Martin lets some go or switch.

Plus a running QB always runs the risk of getting injured. Worst case scenario we don’t get Locksley and Metz wins the starting job. Chances are he’s going to get knocked out. You are always one hit away from being the man.
UTEP has former UTSA qb and Locksley this weekend. Surely we land one of them. If Dimel runs the offense I think he runs, Metz will be knocked out by the 1st quarter.

[Manny Harris] "One of Copperas Cove High’s most decorated players in school history, Harris passed for 1,723 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior despite missing three games because of an injury. He passed for 3,775 yards and 38 touchdowns as a junior."

Damn. Excellent numbers senior year and missed 3 games! He and Locksley took the same path because both knew they would probably never start.

Locksley has to be a 50-50 shot (with Pitt). He has a NMSU offer and Rogers is gone, however, NMSU is overloaded at QB unless Martin lets some go or switch.
Don't know if Locksley is done with Pitt but when he visited there was another JC QB from SoCal that visited at the same time. Ricky Town who originally signed with USC committed to Pitt and signed the LOI right away so Pitt now has 2 new QB's, one HS and one JC.

Don't know if Locksley is done with Pitt but when he visited there was another JC QB from SoCal that visited at the same time. Ricky Town who originally signed with USC committed to Pitt and signed the LOI right away so Pitt now has 2 new QB's, one HS and one JC.
Thank you for info!

In addition to the 5 names already mentioned(Read, Harris, Locksley, Belton, and Barbosa), i’m also wondering about Da’quan Wilson and Justin Garrett...

So that is what it look like at the very top of Double Tree looking down on Southwest University Baseball stadium. I've always wondered what the view was like up there?

Thank you coach Mitchell

When can we expect an official announcement?
Well, I thought today was the last day for mid-year JC transfers to sign in order to start in the spring semester. If they sign in Feb. they have to wait until fall.

Six JUCO's were here this past weekend, Tres Barboza, Locksley, Harris, Hassan Belton, Rhett Read, Garrett. Not sure if Harris is on board..yet.

Garrett's JUCO teammate Josh Caldwell who is a DB will visit next week.

Six JUCO's were here this past weekend, Tres Barboza, Locksley, Harris, Hassan Belton, Rhett Read, Garrett. Not sure if Harris is on board..yet.

Garrett's JUCO teammate Josh Caldwell who is a DB will visit next week.
Harris is a QB also right? Does that mean you think the other 3 will sign as well?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT