ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Several very good players signed with UTEP and Locksley at QB is a game changer for the Miners. Love this coaching staff..... so far. Can't wait for football season.
Alex Nicolas of MinerRush.com was interviewed by Duke Keith (Vox) on ESPN600 last night about the JUCO players Dimel brought in. According to Nicolas, Dimel was really eyeing and hankering to come back into the HC'ing mid-major level and had an eagle eye on the UTEP position and basically positioned himself for the job by doing his homework about UTEP. Nicolas stated that Dimel liked the stock of players Kug brought in. There is depth at line on both sides of the ball and he can develop the younger players just fine and felt Kug left the kitchen stocked with talent. The juco's were brought in for immediate impact to provide results starting with spring training. UTEP is now loaded with quality and depth at qb.

On the hilarious side, Duke and Alex were talking about differences of both programs and how Dimel and staff now use social media openly; whereas Kugler "was North Korea" as far as information on the program with the use of social media. LOL!

This coaches are doing a hell of a job. The future looks bright.
I don't expect us to contend for the conference title but I due
expect some respect and be in the top 6 of the conference.

Go Miners...

Looks like we have competition for Hassan Belton. He just posted a picture of himself on an official visit to Bowling Green. Hopefully he still commits come February

Reactions: axingfools1
I'm pumped about Locksley but his only offers were UTEP and NMSU? Are we missing something? I mean he was the JC offensive player of the year and 1st team all- american. The QBs from east Mississipi end up in the SEC.

Has Belton been on his official here yet?

I'm pumped about Locksley but his only offers were UTEP and NMSU? Are we missing something? I mean he was the JC offensive player of the year and 1st team all- american. The QBs from east Mississipi end up in the SEC.

Locksley kinda reminds me of Fili Rivera a little bit.....just stay with me here. Both came to UTEP from Junior Colleges in Iowa, both were named the NJCAA Player of the Year, neither were highly recruited out of JC as their elite JC merits would indicate, both came to UTEP immediately following the worst basketball and football seasons in modern school history respectively, both play almost the same position in each sport(the PG runs the basketball team and the QB runs the football team). I just see a lot of parallells.

As for Belton, he was here this past weekend. The fact that he didn’t sign and is on another visit is not a good sign. At first(after watching just his JC film) I wasn’t certain that the Belton signing would be all that huge, but then I went back and watched his High School film and can completely see why he was a 3 star prospect. I also saw that he only played 7 games his Senior year, which might explain why his recruitment didn’t match his film. I would hate to lose him.

Last edited:

Kai was offered by other schools besides NMSU and UTEP. It was said as much during his interview on the radio. Belton was on his official visit this past weekend. He's not a mid year transfer so that's probably why he is still taking visits. Hopefully come February he is still a miner. ⛏

Locksley was headed straight to Marshall when he departed from Texas; however, he told Marshall "I changed my mind" and went the juco route instead which was Dimel's good fortune.

Well if he was going to make his decision based on RT’s and likes then it looks like we have the upper hand over Bowling Green.

Well if he was going to make his decision based on RT’s and likes then it looks like we have the upper hand over Bowling Green.

Price-Is-Right_6-1024x683.jpg

We are literally The Price Is Right Audience.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
I like the excitement that our new coaches are projecting. This kind of excitement is contagious with our new recruits, existing players, administration and fans. I have no doubt the new coaching staff will turn this program around sooner than expected.

I like the excitement that our new coaches are projecting. This kind of excitement is contagious with our new recruits, existing players, administration and fans. I have no doubt the new coaching staff will turn this program around sooner than expected.

I like the way you think BIG ...

I really would have liked to have gotten Belton. His High School film was fun to watch. That being said, we currently have 14 LB's on scholarship to play only 3 spots(assuming that we are switching to a 4-3) and only 1 of our 14 LB's this upcoming year will be a Senior. Maybe this backlog at LB played into Beltons decision?

Regardless, I would hope that we can find 3 LB's to step up and produce out of the 14 LB's that we already have on scholarship. With such limited scholarships available for this year's class, maybe Belton decommitting will work out better for us in the end, as it will allow us to use that scholarship on a different position of need, as opposed to a JC player in a position where we are already filled.

Wide receiver coach was at Del Valle. There is a lineman there for 2018 and also a QB (Montes's younger brother) and a WR that were co-offensive MVP's for their district 2-5A. I beleive they are 2019. Sorry I don't know their names. Montes may be a target for next year.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Wide receiver coach was at Del Valle. There is a lineman there for 2018 and also a QB (Montes's younger brother) and a WR that were co-offensive MVP's for their district 2-5A. I beleive they are 2019. Sorry I don't know their names. Montes may be a target for next year.
Karch Gardiner is the WR name, he's def underrated.. Watching his film, he could help us out at corner right away imo with Needham and Kalon being seniors, he has above average athletic ability and his ball skills are pretty impressive.

Him and Montez will have a new district to battle in as seniors, but behind Hankins those are def the three best FBS prospects for 19 in EP in my opinion for what its worth. That Caleb Gerber kid from Pebble Hills could also have an FBS argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT