ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

tenor.gif

Not so fast. He sounds iffy. He still has a visit to UNT this weekend. According the dallasnews.com from 01/19/2018:

"Wylie wide receiver Andrew Nwachukwu had been talking with multiple schools but hadn't received any scholarship offers. In January, UTEP - which underwent a coaching change before the early signing period - texted him and expressed interest for the first time. A week later Nwachukwu received a scholarship offer.

Prairie View A&M and North Texas made offers as well shortly after

"It was the same colleges coming back, just basically flirting," Nwachukwu said.

He is visiting UTEP this weekend and has a visit scheduled to North Texas next weekend."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/hi...llas-area-football-recruits-early-signing-day

I can’t imagine he would flip especially since he announced that he was committing to UTEP. If he was seriously debating UNT then he would have waited a week to take the visit and go from there. Seems like he’s already made up his mind.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
I can’t imagine he would flip especially since he announced that he was committing to UTEP. If he was seriously debating UNT then he would have waited a week to take the visit and go from there. Seems like he’s already made up his mind.

UNT offense is more suited to him. Dimel's offense is a little more conservative. Not Kugler conservative, but not like UNT's. UTEP came with a serious interest and an offered immediately, so I hope you're right.

UNT offense is more suited to him. Dimel's offense is a little more conservative. Not Kugler conservative, but not like UNT's. UTEP came with a serious interest and an offered immediately, so I hope you're right.
How do we know that UTEP's offense wont suit him? I would guess they discussed scheme wise what they were looking to do and how he fits. Remember it's canales that's the OC not Dimmel. I'm sure there will be a good mesh of running and passing

I don’t see the problem. That article was printed on 1-19-18. On 1/22/18 he committed to UTEP. He probably liked Utep committed and will skip the UNT visit.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
I
I don’t see the problem. That article was printed on 1-19-18. On 1/22/18 he committed to UTEP. He probably liked Utep committed and will skip the UNT visit.
Think you are right. From what I hear, he has already cancelled the visit to North Texas

Reactions: JCorona
I like that 2 of our 4 new Junior College players have 3 years of eligibility to play.
I think that kid Justin Prince(safety) will also have three years left if he signs/commits.I also like that three of the commits are 3-star or above(according to 24/7 sports) that's more 3-star players than in the last three years combined.

I think that kid Justin Prince(safety) will also have three years left if he signs/commits.I also like that three of the commits are 3-star or above(according to 24/7 sports) that's more 3-star players than in the last three years combined.
Nwachukwu is already at #19 and Locksley at #2 for UTEP's all-time recruits since 2000. Hughes and Fields are in the top 20 also

Jones was #35 (right in front of Beverly and Wadley). He was obviously underrated as were many others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Axe-cuseme
Canales is showing great work habits and he is very open about it.
He might not last here at UTEP. I have to give it to him he is tenacious.
Some of those big schools are going to knock on his door.
Hope he stays committed to UTEP

Go Miners...

Anyone else not to impressed with recruiting so far? I know they had a late start and probably recruiting scraps. So far Locksley is only good player i see that was signed. But rest of the class looks like a Sean Kuglers class.

Anyone else not to impressed with recruiting so far? I know they had a late start and probably recruiting scraps. So far Locksley is only good player i see that was signed. But rest of the class looks like a Sean Kuglers class.

Reactions: wziminer

You're the only one.

yeah i saw that but i dont really trust 247 . I trust rivals and espn ratings. According to rivals many of these guys are under the radar players. That new WR Andrew only offers were North Texas and Prairie View and he is a 3 star bt 247?? If he was really a 3 star he would have more offers. I hope this coaching staffs knows how to develop players better than Kugler.

yeah i saw that but i dont really trust 247 . I trust rivals and espn ratings. According to rivals many of these guys are under the radar players. That new WR Andrew only offers were North Texas and Prairie View and he is a 3 star bt 247?? If he was really a 3 star he would have more offers. I hope this coaching staffs knows how to develop players better than Kugler.
As someone who is in the loop when it come to football recruiting, I can kinda explain why 247Sports is super legit as far as Texas recruits go.

Texas A&M's 247 site feeds a lot of legit recruiting info and tidbits from big time camps that are conducted, every camp that is conducted in the summer there are two or three 247 guys compared to maybe one rivals, and maybe one ESPN guy.

Rivals (hope I don't get banned) and ESPN have been passed up 247Sports the past few years in recruiting coverage IN TEXAS in my opinion. Clearly someone saw our 3-star WR from 247Sports in a legit camp compared other studs...Not his fault he got a good eval, and didn't pick up offers living in the DFW.

Read his blurb in this article and maybe this kinda backs up my point....

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Dallas-Opening-Under-the-radar-prospects-impress-51627808

As someone who is in the loop when it come to football recruiting, I can kinda explain why 247Sports is super legit as far as Texas recruits go.

Texas A&M's 247 site feeds a lot of legit recruiting info and tidbits from big time camps that are conducted, every camp that is conducted in the summer there are two or three 247 guys compared to maybe one rivals, and maybe one ESPN guy.

Rivals (hope I don't get banned) and ESPN have been passed up 247Sports the past few years in recruiting coverage IN TEXAS in my opinion. Clearly someone saw our 3-star WR from 247Sports in a legit camp compared other studs...Not his fault he got a good eval, and didn't pick up offers living in the DFW.

Read his blurb in this article and maybe this kinda backs up my point....

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Dallas-Opening-Under-the-radar-prospects-impress-51627808

I have it

1.Rivals
2.ESPN
3.247 Sports

Its easy to rank the Top 50 guys but after that every site has their own opinion.For now I trust Rivals over any other site. I use to like Scout but they have gone downhill.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
How was Aaron Jones rated by each site? There was really no difference between his senior year at Burges and freshman year at UTEP.

Each site has some accuracy and some big time mistakes. Football players are harder to grade IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT