ADVERTISEMENT

Football transfers

Minerforlife

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2013
Fernandes is leaving which isnt a shock pro style QB doesnt fit into Dimel's offense.

The biggest loss so far is Trace Mascorro who is going to SHSU. That's a huge loss. He was the best returning player on defense. Terrible blow for the defense.

We already disscussed Weeks thats not a loss at all.

I have already added my two cents on the Mascorro transfer in the recruiting thread, but I disagree with what appears to be this consensus opinion that Mascorro is a huge loss. Mascorro both played in all 12 games this past season and he also started every game this past year, except for Senior day. Yet he only produced 13 tackles during the entire season and he only added 14 assists. This means that he essentially only produced 1 tackle and only 1 assist per game. Out of those 13 tackles, he only produced 2.5 tackles for loss during the entire season! This means that he only produced 1 tackle for loss for every 6 games that he played. Sure, he certainly could have helped our team in some role had he stayed, but in all honesty an upgrade was needed at his position.

As for Trace, he had no other D1 offers besides UTEP for a reason(his size) and he might do better at a lower level as well, thus making this a win-win situation for everybody.

Regarding the young QB’s, I would like to see maybe one more weeded out as well.

Last edited:
possible inbound Tyquez Hampton the star wide receiver at El Dorado HS two years ago has asked and received his release from Utah. Played a bit at UTAH but wasn't overly impressive.

Reactions: jdubb66
I tried to keep track of Hampton but couldn’t keep up. From what I could tell, he was at Coffeyville Junior College this past year but he did not play? He was a freshman at Utah in 2017 and he played in 7 games, mostly on special teams. Since he did not play this season, then he may have redshirted and he “might” have 3 years left?

If we were judging based on physical skill alone, then I would choose Hampton over AJ Carter if this was a draft, but Hampton’s next college will be the 5th different school that he has committed to(SMU, Washington State, Utah, Coffeyville CC, next school). With that type of uncertainty, I probably wouldn’t even touch him if he didn’t have the connection to El Paso.

Tuiasospo appeared to be one of our primary California recruiters. This one is definitely not good news.

We also lost a JC CB target to K State today as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
With at least one vacancy, I wonder if Barrick Nealy will now get a promotion to a position coach?

Wasn't sure about Hampton, I new he had been making the rounds. I just noticed his absence form UTAH. Wish him well, but agree 3-4 transfers is not a good resume.

We will probably be the only team in fbs to start the season with three senior scholarship QBs. It's a bizzare situation.

Last edited:
I still think Trace is a loss. Something doesn't pass the sniff test. Good players have down years. Obviously Dimel is making room for incoming Juco's is my two cents

I tried to keep track of Hampton but couldn’t keep up. From what I could tell, he was at Coffeyville Junior College this past year but he did not play? He was a freshman at Utah in 2017 and he played in 7 games, mostly on special teams. Since he did not play this season, then he may have redshirted and he “might” have 3 years left?

If we were judging based on physical skill alone, then I would choose Hampton over AJ Carter if this was a draft, but Hampton’s next college will be the 5th different school that he has committed to(SMU, Washington State, Utah, Coffeyville CC, next school). With that type of uncertainty, I probably wouldn’t even touch him if he didn’t have the connection to El Paso.

Beggars can't be all that picky.With UTEPs lack of talent at the WR position and lack of offensive playmakers in general, they can't afford to pass up on Hampton.

]

Beggars can't be all that picky.With UTEPs lack of talent at the WR position and lack of offensive playmakers in general, they can't afford to pass up on Hampton.

Right now our biggest concern is qb. There is not a guy on the roster who can beat you with his arm. I like Goodwin but he is a true Freshman he is already enrolled at UTEP and will participate in Spring practice. Locksley cant theow the kid from us a Locksleyvclone. Jones in raw has the best arm of the bunch but I bet he doesnt get a real shot to compete for the job. Torres isnt a d1 qb. I haven't seen enough of Buckholtz to have an opinion.

Ok, got from lieb (he works at SHSU) over at Kyyote's part of a reason as to why Trace is heading to SHSU which was a surprise to this Miner fan.

"Katfans (SHSU fan twitter account) mentioned it. I don't think it is an official twitter account for SHSU.

Edit: Was also mentioned in a tweet from a Huntsville sportswriter. SHSU's Criminal Justice program was a factor, as well as the opportunity to play for a national championship.

lieb"

SHSU has Toneil Carter coming on over from Texas after finding himself lost in Texas depth chart. He was four star and top ten rb in 2017. SHSU has put together a nice program, but Eastern Washington and NDSU are the mold that FBS teams don't even want to schedule so I am not sure where that is coming from?
http://kyyotesden.com/den/index.php?topic=490.0

Probably not even getting a look but this kid named Braxton burmiester would be a good get probably not likely though—- he will be a sophomore coming from Oregon but was a 4star qb who is a running qb that can’t get any time behind Hebert —-

as far a Hampton just trowing a name out there....EP connections wise. Likely better WRs out there in the transfer market but UTEP is going to upgrade talent wise they are going to have to get a few grad transfers.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT