ADVERTISEMENT

Former Utep players Xtweeting

Well, we will just disagree. Not arguing about winning, I’ve said a hundred times on here that’s solves 99% of your problems.
But getting the fans to fell like they are appreciated is part of the solution.
That’s an interesting point and something that I think is overlooked in American sports. Aside from major collegiate programs where they sing fight songs after the game most other teams including pro teams just head to the tunnel once the game is done. If you watch European soccer the teams always go to their fans, either home or away and thank them for their support by clapping for the fans. I know European fan culture is different but they love when it caps off a big win, and even in a loss the fans appreciate the gesture because the team has the heart to face the fans. Would that fly in the US!or at UTEP? Who knows. Some drunks might use that as an opportunity to berate the coaches and players for all we know.

Reactions: MINER.JAY

This sort of applies to this thread, I guess.

Is this a bad look from Senter replying to a negative comment on a guy he hired and fired? I mean, I dislike Dimel as a coach as much as anyone but not sure it's a good look for Senter. I hope this doesn't come off as a holier than thou comment, as I am admittedly petty with sports rivals.

Reactions: utepgrad08

This sort of applies to this thread, I guess.

Is this a bad look from Senter replying to a negative comment on a guy he hired and fired? I mean, I dislike Dimel as a coach as much as anyone but not sure it's a good look for Senter. I hope this doesn't come off as a holier than thou comment, as I am admittedly petty with sports rivals.

I agree that it's a bad look.

Reactions: picks up
I doubt senter meant anything by it. He probably just reposted the reply to the original video.

But dimel did suck at engaging the community.

I doubt senter meant anything by it. He probably just reposted the reply to the original video.

But dimel did suck at engaging the community.
But at the same time, what coach has really engaged the community aside from the old school coaches who got trashed at local dive bars?

I think the running into the stands is more of an appreciation and a thank you to the students that were there. Let’s face it, the student section is very inconsistent with attendance and I think it’s just a way for the team to try and engage with them, hopefully luring some of those students to keep coming back.
That’s understandable. Fan appreciation is something that can definitely be improved on and you’re right, they should be thanking the students that took the time to go. High fives around the arena, singing the fight song with the fans, thanking fans, and things of that nature should be a norm after a miner win in my opinion. All I’m saying is the way they celebrate to me is a little over the top. I like the passion and the fire they get after the wins but, it is a little too over celebratory currently for my taste. I understand what everyone enjoys about them going out and just having fun with the fan base though, I’m not trying to downplay that. If you love that style, then get ready cause I wouldn’t be surprised seeing a more super energized Scotty Walden crowd surfing after a huge miner football win!! I’m all in for that! 😂

Demps played 4 years at UTEP.

Those pictures bring back a lot of memories. Sadly, those days are gone.
Those days felt like Bigtime college football. Mike Price leading the team out and slamming the pick axe into the ground!!

The 2006 UTEP-Texas Tech game was amazing. The crowd was the loudest sound I’ve ever heard in my life and Tech players said after the game that the crowd was intimidating and a factor.

Reactions: Rot and MINER.JAY
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT