ADVERTISEMENT

Foster Pavillion at...Baylor?

Could there be something in store for UTEP soon? https://baylorbears.com/news/2021/1...58fi0ZSjG00VOUlHNUfyPXG35ThenLnEHW1AN7bbIlLLc

I think we could name the whole university for the Foster family is they gave us $100 Mill. University of Foster Miners. But I'd be breaking my own rule about funding without a plan.
EP Downtown transformation is largely due to their investment. I can't stand Baylor but I keep my mouth shut and appreciate their philanthropy to El Paso.

Reactions: utep-piggy
I think, this is a perfect example of many El Pasoans who dish out for other programs. Imagine what UTEP could have done with those funds? The Don is really outdated and need a major overhaul. I guess winning would help too. People say El Paso is poor, and it may true on some levels, but there is money in El Paso too. It’s a big city, and has its fair share. There is a huge need for more corporations, but that can be helped by city government. For example during the pandemic, my employer a local government in the PNW had a 60 million dollar surplus. Money continues to be made, even during the pandemic. UTEP and El Paso needs to keep their grads home, that starts with companies bringing in good paying jobs. El Paso is a old city with a bright future, I truly believe that. I love seeing the El Paso pride on Twitter, from many. Such as Jorge Salgado and his photos.

With Bezos and Branson milling around as well as the investment by Amazon and hopefully by Elon someday, perhaps our future is looking up, but will I be around to see it? :oops:

I think, this is a perfect example of many El Pasoans who dish out for other programs. Imagine what UTEP could have done with those funds? The Don is really outdated and need a major overhaul. I guess winning would help too. People say El Paso is poor, and it may true on some levels, but there is money in El Paso too. It’s a big city, and has its fair share. There is a huge need for more corporations, but that can be helped by city government. For example during the pandemic, my employer a local government in the PNW had a 60 million dollar surplus. Money continues to be made, even during the pandemic. UTEP and El Paso needs to keep their grads home, that starts with companies bringing in good paying jobs. El Paso is a old city with a bright future, I truly believe that. I love seeing the El Paso pride on Twitter, from many. Such as Jorge Salgado and his photos.
Foster is free to do whatever he wants with his money. It’s up to UTEP to sell him on a vision he gets excited about.

Would it be in his own best interest to no longer support UTEP athletics, allowing them to continue in mediocrity...thereby sending sports-starved El Pasoans to a fun/winning Chihuahuas experience instead?

At least pony up for the LEDs...

Maybe UTEP can get some Narco money, isn't that how Miami got started?
The @UTEPAthletics facilities that need new lighting (LED or non-)
1. Sun Bowl
2. Haskins Center
3. Helen of Troy Field
4. University Field
5. Memorial Gym
6. Kidd Field (as part of renovation project)
Costly at first, but in the long term the savings would be worth it for the school.

Foster is free to do whatever he wants with his money. It’s up to UTEP to sell him on a vision he gets excited about.
True. Knight throws some crumbs to OSU, though he is clearly a Duck…. UTEP needs Foster to be the Bear that is also a Miner at heart ❤️ I thought his wife was a UTEP grad?

Would it be in his own best interest to no longer support UTEP athletics, allowing them to continue in mediocrity...thereby sending sports-starved El Pasoans to a fun/winning Chihuahuas experience instead?
Silly Jeeber. 😂

Senter and Wilson should be working on an ambitious and strategic master plan with specific details on how to improve the SB, DHC, and the addition of new facilities. The master plan should include short term and long term goals. Once they have a MP they can reach out to donors, local business leaders and alumni. The MP can also help with the next wave of conference realignments. This last conference realignment should serve as wake up call to everyone at UTEP.

1. Sun Bowl
2. Haskins Center
3. Helen of Troy Field
4. University Field
5. Memorial Gym
Costly at first, but in the long term the savings would be worth it for the school.
You must be with Musco, Tech Line, Geo or Cooper Lighting. Any of the above?

Reactions: Minerinciter
1. Sun Bowl
2. Haskins Center
3. Helen of Troy Field
4. University Field
5. Memorial Gym
If we’re working in lighting for the Sun Bowl, can we add doing something about the acoustics/sound system while we’re at it?

Reactions: develman
So you want the city to hand tax dollars to corporations ? Some corporate welfare perhaps ? Good news for you, El Paso has done a lot of that.

With Bezos and Branson milling around as well as the investment by Amazon and hopefully by Elon someday, perhaps our future is looking up, but will I be around to see it? :oops:
What are they doing in El Paso??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT