ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman QB

Taco1977

All Star
Jan 21, 2018
Texas
This you man will be the backup before the season ends. I also, think he'll be in the fight to be the starter next season. He's the best runner on the team and makes no mistakes with the ball. Only thing left for him to show is accuracy on the deep ball and it's over.

This you man will be the backup before the season ends. I also, think he'll be in the fight to be the starter next season. He's the best runner on the team and makes no mistakes with the ball. Only thing left for him to show is accuracy on the deep ball and it's over.
?

How bout a name?

Reactions: Prospero915
Don't feel bad Taco, I've done day drinking and post garbled stuff on here.

But drop a name when sober.

We beat out future conference mates Lamar, Prairie View A&M, and Texas Southern for him.

Whenever I hear reports like this I can't help but think what an FBS qb will do to our defense.
Don’t be such a deb downer Corona. Maybe this kid is a gold nugget who was overlooked like Aaron and Alvin Jones, Praise A., and Stewart.

Reactions: MinerFan79
I would be more excited if we had beat out other FBS schools for him. At least with Goodwin we beat out a couple of Sun Belt schools for him. Louisiana is a top 25 team. I would have loved to see TJ out in a game with a Miner uniform.

I would be more excited if we had beat out other FBS schools for him. At least with Goodwin we beat out a couple of Sun Belt schools for him. Louisiana is a top 25 team. I would have loved to see TJ out in a game with a Miner uniform.
Have you went to any of the practices to watch this kid play?

Have you went to any of the practices to watch this kid play?
I haven't. Every year we have someone that goes to practices post on here how this player or this team is the best since xxx and unfortunately it never comes true. I'm sure Nowins can pull out all the previous predictions of the next stud player on our team.

I rather wait to see them perform against other FBS teams before getting excited about anyone. Unless that player comes in highly recruited. I don't think any of our qbs were recruited by any other FBS programs.

I haven't. Every year we have someone that goes to practices post on here how this player or this team is the best since xxx and unfortunately it never comes true. I'm sure Nowins can pull out all the previous predictions of the next stud player on our team.

I rather wait to see them perform against other FBS teams before getting excited about anyone. Unless that player comes in highly recruited. I don't think any of our qbs were recruited by any other FBS programs.
Never said he will be the best since anyone or that he will be great. Just that I think he will be in the fight to be the starter next year.

Also, I dont think this team will be good this year. The secondary isn't very good, pass rush is minimal, our best RB constantly runs into the backs of his linemen and the QB play is terrible. It is still early though and offense usually takes a min to get go right.

Reactions: JCorona

Also it doesn't matter how good they might be when the play calling seems to limit field/player utilization. Frustrating.

I read somewhere that our new OC might want to use Hankins more in the passing game? I will believe it when I see it. It would be nice if not every throw were an off target bomb down field either.

There is really no excuse for us not to start scoring at a much higher clip this year.

Also it doesn't matter how good they might be when the play calling seems to limit field/player utilization. Frustrating.

I read somewhere that our new OC might want to use Hankins more in the passing game? I will believe it when I see it. It would be nice if not every throw were an off target bomb down field either.

There is really no excuse for us not to start scoring at a much higher clip this year.
Preach it brother!!

UTEP was outscored 55-3 in the third quarter last season. Based on that statistic alone, what assumptions can you make about Dimel’s terrible coaching, strategy, and halftime adjustments? I’ll say it again, Dimel’s involvement in this offense is the biggest obstacle to a successful season.

Last edited:
Never said he will be the best since anyone or that he will be great. Just that I think he will be in the fight to be the starter next year.

Also, I dont think this team will be good this year. The secondary isn't very good, pass rush is minimal, our best RB constantly runs into the backs of his linemen and the QB play is terrible. It is still early though and offense usually takes a min to get go right.
Let's have a friendly bet on how good/bad this team will be. I'm expecting a much improved team based on the experience and depth and an infusion of better coordinators. I will bet the team wins a minimum of 6 to be bowl eligible. If you're right and the team sucks, I'll agree to leave the board until basketball season is over. You can do the same if you're wrong. What do you say?

Let's have a friendly bet on how good/bad this team will be. I'm expecting a much improved team based on the experience and depth and an infusion of better coordinators. I will bet the team wins a minimum of 6 to be bowl eligible. If you're right and the team sucks, I'll agree to leave the board until basketball season is over. You can do the same if you're wrong. What do you say?
Wisconsin, if you want to make a bet that this team will be better than a lot us think then that's great. But I don't understand why you would make a bet about leaving the board with Taco. I really don't see anything he did here as being overly negative. He came on and said that a young quarterback has shown some promise, and voiced his concerns about how well this team will play this season based on what he has seen. So make a bet if you want, but I see no reason for either of you to leave the board.

Wisconsin, if you want to make a bet that this team will be better than a lot us think then that's great. But I don't understand why you would make a bet about leaving the board with Taco. I really don't see anything he did here as being overly negative. He came on and said that a young quarterback has shown some promise, and voiced his concerns about how well this team will play this season based on what he has seen. So make a bet if you want, but I see no reason for either of you to leave the board.
Not wanting him to leave the board. Just an easy but meaningful wager (for those of us that like to hang out here). He can decline the bet, change the wager or ignore me altogether.

Not wanting him to leave the board. Just an easy but meaningful wager (for those of us that like to hang out here). He can decline the bet, change the wager or ignore me altogether.
Okay, but it's been my experience that the only time a bet is made on here with the stakes that someone has to leave the board, it is because the person making the bet wants to get rid of someone they consider to be a troll. I think that both you and Taco have something to add to MinerDigs, and think that the stakes of your proposed bet would be a mistake.

I know there is no love on here for CUSA but while the Houston region produces some good talent, with Missouri City producing some great talent, adjusting to FBS football is no easy task.

Don’t do that.

Thanks for the camp report. I was wondering if we were ever going to hear anything from camp. I hear crickkets so far. Is anyone doing any good reports anywhere? I hear we got a new golf coach...

Reactions: utep-piggy
Thanks for the camp report. I was wondering if we were ever going to hear anything from camp. I hear crickkets so far. Is anyone doing any good reports anywhere? I hear we got a new golf coach...
No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

• Wow
Reactions: jdubb66
Lets see how much they improve by the end of camp. If things stay the same, we can for sure come up with a bet. The way they look now, I find it hard to believe they'll get 6 wins.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
What's the bet you would like to make?

What's the bet you would like to make?
If you agree, and since a number of posters did not approve of the previous bet, we could have the loser leave the board for only 10 days following the last game. That would be painful to me since if you're right and the Miners suck, we could be looking for a new coach and I would really want to be posting then.

How about you would be the winner if the Miners win 5 or fewer and I win if they win 6 or more?

If you agree, and since a number of posters did not approve of the previous bet, we could have the loser leave the board for only 10 days following the last game. That would be painful to me since if you're right and the Miners suck, we could be looking for a new coach and I would really want to be posting then.

How about you would be the winner if the Miners win 5 or fewer and I win if they win 6 or more?
You have yourself a bet sir!

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Interesting bet… should have bet Taco some Tacos… true story, when I bought my Tacoma. The girl wrote on the file. “Taco” and my last name… I felt insulted and wanted to walk out, and probably would have if, but she was beautiful and I was mesmerized… Instead I asked her, why she put Taco and that seems a little racist… She said it’s short for Tacoma… I felt like a dumbass lol… I am on my 3rd Taco now and the rest is history…Glad you all took the time to read my story!

In the end UTEP won 7 games that season, Jakolby Longino redshirted and entered the transfer portal before the New Mexico Bowl and is now a sophomore at Lamar. Strangely he has seen more career on-field playing time than TJ Goodwin

Reactions: shyminer81
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT