ADVERTISEMENT

Funny UNT Fan.

UTEPDefense

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2002
http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/t...with-full-pads/?do=findComment&comment=921379

You have got to love the blind fan optimism before every season starts. Last year, I sat in the Sun Bowl and watched UTEP absolutely dominate UNT on both lines of scrimmage. If I remember correctly, UTEP was winning 35-3 in the 2nd half before UNT even reached 100 yards of offense. UTEP manhandled UNT upfront, but now one of their fans thinks that they are 13 deep on their Defensive Line?
Having a 13 deep Defensive Line makes them the greatest Defensive Line in Football History.

Like they say, that's why they play the game. I may be thinking of another team, but wasn't UNT down to like their 3rd or 4rth quarterback last year when we played them? Or It may have been UTSA. At any rate, you gotta play with what you got.

UNT has fans? They got lucky they got the students approved that high school stadium they have or they might have got UAB'd. Nobody cares about UNT they are invisible in the DFW market.

As for the game we will dominate them in the trenches. The game is a defacto home game us. In late November we will have as many or more fans than they do show up at apogee. We are an economic stimulous for the other in state schools. Last year our game against UTSA was attended by 7000 more people than attended any of their other conference games. The UTEP game is the highest attended game in the history of apogee stadium, only surpassed by the inaugural game. Dont worry eagle fans your economic stimulous check is coming Unfortunately for you its going to come along with a beat down on the field. Being a holiday weekend a with our large dfw alumni population we could set an apogee attendance record.

Reactions: allminer
UNT has fans? They got lucky they got the students approved that high school stadium they have or they might have got UAB'd. Nobody cares about UNT they are invisible in the DFW market.

As for the game we will dominate them in the trenches. The game is a defacto home game us. In late November we will have as many or more fans than they do show up at apogee. We are an economic stimulous for the other in state schools. Last year our game against UTSA was attended by 7000 more people than attended any of their other conference games. The UTEP game is the highest attended game in the history of apogee stadium, only surpassed by the inaugural game. Dont worry eagle fans your economic stimulous check is coming Unfortunately for you its going to come along with a beat down on the field. Being a holiday weekend a with our large dfw alumni population we could set an apogee attendance record.

No need to knock on little brother like that. While UNT is by no means an athletic juggernaut, Denton was a fun town to go to school in. In the 90s it was very similar to a mini Austin. Diverse and eclectic. Apogee stadium is a great little place. It may still be, but at the time it was built, it was the only "green" stadium in the U.S. UNT may have a good year from time to time but they're a modest little program that I root for anytime they aren't playing the Miners.

Just for the record, my post was not necessarily about bashing UNT specifically. It was about the fact that no school is able to go 13 deep on the defensive line, but especially not a school who was as bad up-front as UNT was last year. Yet, with the optimism of each season starting, this fan has become blinded with excitement.

This reminds of one year when coming into the season Mike Price's best Defensive Lineman was a 5'10" walk-on from Chapin. We were so poor up-front during those years, yet at the start of each year, some Miner fans were thinking that our defense would somehow be improved.......it wasn't(and usually won't be when your best D-Lineman is a 5'10" Walk-On).

I am Thankful for Coach Kugler, because at the end of the day the teams that are going to consistently win the most games, are the teams that Block and Tackle the best! It doesn't matter what else you do. Some Programs get too complicated and too finesse, and they get away from having these basic fundamentals as the Building Blocks for their Program. Kugler makes it so much fun to be a Miner Fan, because of the way that he runs his Program and the toughness/physicality that his team plays with. The optimsim that I can have about UTEP this upcoming season, is that I know that I am going to enjoy watching their physical style of play.

Reactions: allminer
Q: What does it say on the back of every North Texas diploma?
A: Will Work For Food.

Q: What will you never hear a North Texas grad say?
A: "I have reviewed your application......"

Q: What's the difference between a North Texas diploma and toilet paper?
A: About $50,000 per sheet.

Jokes amongst state schools is older than Moses. It's a American college tradition started when state legislatures created (land) grant schools, which started the whole evil liberal college versus the wholesome Christian farm and ag boys.

It's 10:09 am and NMSU still sucks.....

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/t...with-full-pads/?do=findComment&comment=921379

You have got to love the blind fan optimism before every season starts. Last year, I sat in the Sun Bowl and watched UTEP absolutely dominate UNT on both lines of scrimmage. If I remember correctly, UTEP was winning 35-3 in the 2nd half before UNT even reached 100 yards of offense. UTEP manhandled UNT upfront, but now one of their fans thinks that they are 13 deep on their Defensive Line?
Having a 13 deep Defensive Line makes them the greatest Defensive Line in Football History.
This is so funny. Everyone on here says being optimistic is part of being a fan and they cry and whine about the trolls who bring down the level of optimism. But when another fan base is optimistic they are laughed at and called blind by these same people who cry and whine about the trolls in here.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Well said, well said. The only requirement UTEP has is they have to have a pulse. If you have a pulse then its "congrats on getting accepted to UTEP."

Yes well said. Boy oh boy, your words are heard and at this moment plugging up all those research dollars coming to UTEP. Stop, please stop, the insanity!

. Oh wait....Austin just called! Stop all capital improvements at UTEP, we don't need another Tier 1 school!!

Look Ren and Stimpy, the argument was good fodder for disgruntled professors (who have since died or left), right wingers, do gooder lefties, military transplants, nose in the air country clubbers, and basically any El Pasoan who thinks their shit didn't stink. The argument is now old and the opponents of Natalicio's/UTEP policies came with no numbers to substantiate their claims. On the other hand, the awards are still coming in for UTEP and her with data to show that her plan works.

Yes well said. Boy oh boy, your words are heard and at this moment plugging up all those research dollars coming to UTEP. Stop, please stop, the insanity!

. Oh wait....Austin just called! Stop all capital improvements at UTEP, we don't need another Tier 1 school!!

Look Ren and Stimpy, the argument was good fodder for disgruntled professors (who have since died or left), right wingers, do gooder lefties, military transplants, nose in the air country clubbers, and basically any El Pasoan who thinks their shit didn't stink. The argument is now old and the opponents of Natalicio's/UTEP policies came with no numbers to substantiate their claims. On the other hand, the awards are still coming in for UTEP and her with data to show that her plan works.
Yawn. Oh ya I forgot UTEP is better than Harvard. Don't believe all that Tier 1 BS as well as UTEP is better than Harvard like that one poll said 2 years ago.

UTEP will never get Tier1. UTEP's graduation rate is at an amazing 12%. The tier 1 schools in texas are at like 50% for their graduation rates.

Q: What does it say on the back of every North Texas diploma?
A: Will Work For Food.

Q: What will you never hear a North Texas grad say?
A: "I have reviewed your application......"

Q: What's the difference between a North Texas diploma and toilet paper?
A: About $50,000 per sheet.
Its harder to get into North Texas than it is UTEP.

Forbes also ranks UTEP. (511) ahead of UNT(581). Washington monthly ranks UTEP (10) UNT (164). I cant find a us news and and world report ranking for UNT but i suspect we are ranked ahead of them there too.

Forbes also ranks UTEP. (511) ahead of UNT(581). Washington monthly ranks UTEP (10) UNT (164). I cant find a us news and and world report ranking for UNT but i suspect we are ranked ahead of them there too.
based on what???those flawed ranking systems that have UTEP ranked higher than all these schools but the rankings are not based on academics.

based on what???those flawed ranking systems that have UTEP ranked higher than all these schools but the rankings are not based on academics.

Why do you guys hate everything UTEP - sports or academics and refute anything positive about UTEP and defend any school other than UTEP?? Go elsewhere.....

I dont hate everything UTEP. I talk bad about basketball cause I expect more from our BB program. I say positive things about football cause Kugler is shows improvement every year. Thats what you want to see from your coach.

I didn't realize posting facts is being hateful.
You have to post facts that they approve of in here, otherwise they will cry a river. If they post optimistic stuff its perfectly ok cause its part of being a fan. If an opposing teams fans post something optimistic they jump all over it and bring it down, like UNT's 13 deep on their D-line. Then they make jokes about the schools academics but you post a fact stating UTEP is a lot easier in to get into than that school, and they cry. I am a realist UTEP fan. I can be a fan but I don't have to pretend like everything is so great and UTEP is superior to all these schools.

The thread completely has gome off the rails. How this turned into a bash UTEP thread I have no idea. You complain about rankings then say UTEP's is due only to minority students. Rankings take into account incoming freshman gpa. Professor to student ratio, ammout of scholars, debt load of graduates, average starting salary of graduates, acceptance rates into grad school. There are three accepted rankings systems: Forbes, US News and Washington Monthly. The Wahington monthly numbers are skewed in our favor, but even taking it out we still rank higher than them. They are known for their music program, its the best in the state. They have a better music program than us but thats it.

This is why I spend time on the Picks Up forum. This forum has become a complete waste of time.

I predict that I will be censored, while the multiple identity/same person poster is allowed to carry on as usual.

This is a UTEP messageboard we are going to talk trash about other schools. UTEP'S acceptance rate doesnt have anything to do with the academics at UTEP or UNT. This is the only board where we cant trash other schools without trashing ourselves.

Reactions: TortugaEP
This is a UTEP messageboard we are going to talk trash about other schools. UTEP'S acceptance rate doesnt have anything to do with the academics at UTEP or UNT. This is the only board where we cant trash other schools without trashing ourselves.

I think it's ok to trash other schools if we are better than them. If we sweep NMSU, let's celebrate! If we split the series, it's silly to say we are better than them.

Chi, do us a favor and list us your commandments of what thou shall and shall not post on this forum. We could use the laugh. Do you realize how high and mighty you come off as? Epsilon too. Lighten up, have fun and chill on the preaching. You're here on a lie, and you're preaching ethics. Ha.

Chi, do us a favor and list us your commandments of what thou shall and shall not post on this forum. We could use the laugh. Do you realize how high and mighty you come off as? Epsilon too. Lighten up, have fun and chill on the preaching. You're here on a lie, and you're preaching ethics. Ha.

Huh? I am not telling you what to post. You are more than welcome to post anything you want to post and I am more than welcome to respond to your posts. That is what a message board is all about. Maybe you should chill out and stop crying when you see comments you don't like.

If you want to post about how hard it is to get into UTEP and how we sweep NMSU every year, then more power to you.

I am not even sure how you think I'm preaching ethics. It is not unethical to post that UTEP is a hard school to get into, how we seep NMSU every year, etc. It's such silly and misinformed people that post those things.

I'm here on a lie? Not even sure what that means.

Reactions: Epsilon00

meme_are_you_sure-8.jpg

I graduated from UTEP too and I have always knocked natalicio for making it so easy to get in. College isn't for everyone and thats why community colleges exist. If you make it more difficult to get accepted , graduation rates will increase.

You have to post facts that they approve of in here, otherwise they will cry a river. If they post optimistic stuff its perfectly ok cause its part of being a fan. If an opposing teams fans post something optimistic they jump all over it and bring it down, like UNT's 13 deep on their D-line. Then they make jokes about the schools academics but you post a fact stating UTEP is a lot easier in to get into than that school, and they cry. I am a realist UTEP fan. I can be a fan but I don't have to pretend like everything is so great and UTEP is superior to all these schools.
UTEP's acceptance rate is 99%. I graduated from UTEP and know that's if you have a pulse you get in. I am not sure where you think we are bashing UTEP by posting facts.
Why ......were you that stupid that all it took was your pulse to get accepted????? Dude so what if the poll was skewed in our favor....can't you just be happy that we get any positive publicity. I know that you enjoy stirring the pot but your act is getting really old.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT