ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day: Northern New Mexico College

What would you consider as competing against DePaul?
I meant as to prepare for DePaul, not necessarily as “compete” and have a close loss.

I am not sure what to think of DePaul yet. They play at Loyola today and at St Johns on Wednesday. I do not think they’re “very good” though.

I think the Miners will lose, because it’s a Big East team on the road. It wouldn’t be shocking if they won though.

Reactions: JCorona
At least we had some better shooting numbers today. Zachary and Frazier didn't play. Sibley had 4 blocks and Hamilton scored 11 pts in 7 minutes.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Seeing his brother play today prompted me to see how Jorell is doing with Portland. He's averaging over 16ppg shooting 39% from the field and 91% freebees.

Reactions: axingfools1
I said this before, but an early feeling is that Dos Anjos and Solomon are each other's shadow. As the season progresses,I may change my mind, but they look interchangeable.
Looking forward to the first time we have a complete team on the floor. Due to injuries or other situations we have not yet had the full roster available. Tonight we finally had Dos Anjos, but no Frazier or Zachary.

I said this before, but an early feeling is that Dos Anjos and Solomon are each other's shadow. As the season progresses,I may change my mind, but they look interchangeable.
Looking forward to the first time we have a complete team on the floor. Due to injuries or other situations we have not yet had the full roster available. Tonight we finally had Dos Anjos, but no Frazier or Zachary.
Not sold on Solomon yet. He's a pretty good rebounder, but only averaging 7/5 a game so far. He's a poor free throw shooter, doesn't shoot 3s, hardly blocks any shots and is barely .500 at the line. He also leads the team in turnovers. After the bad loss at NMSU he posted something like "F@#$ the critics"? Not something you want to hear from an average player in a team sport. I'm hoping Dos Anjos can bring much more.

So far moving Sibley to the 3 has been a mistake. He is much more suited to play the 4. He can spread the floor, rebound and block shots. Personally I'd like to see Sibley together with Frazier. Golding really needs to figure out that 3/4 position.

Not sold on Solomon yet. He's a pretty good rebounder, but only averaging 7/5 a game so far. He's a poor free throw shooter, doesn't shoot 3s, hardly blocks any shots and is barely .500 at the line. He also leads the team in turnovers. After the bad loss at NMSU he posted something like "F@#$ the critics"? Not something you want to hear from an average player in a team sport. I'm hoping Dos Anjos can bring much more.

So far moving Sibley to the 3 has been a mistake. He is much more suited to play the 4. He can spread the floor, rebound and block shots. Personally I'd like to see Sibley together with Frazier. Golding really needs to figure out that 3/4 position.
Agree on Solomon. My biggest issue with him has been the consistent problem with unforced turnovers. Just trying to do too much at times and not playing smart offensively. On the other hand, his defense has been pretty solid, and he has shown the versatility to defend multiple spots, including guards.

I see dos Anjos as the inverse of Solomon. Much better offensively, including the ability to hit the 3. However, his defense is not nearly as good, including his rebounding. So, we will see if Golding is able to maximize each guy's strengths. Obviously, having a guy who can make an outside shot would be big for this team.

On Sibley, I agree as well with the move to the 3. It is a tough transition for almost any player. A good example is a guy like Anthony Tarke, who also made the move and struggled. Tarke also had more natural abilities at the 3 as well. I get the desire to make the switch in terms of playing at the next level, but it is not easy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT