ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thoughts vs. NMSU.

Are yall really looking at the talent on this team? We were 0-12 last year and 0-4 this year for a reason. And yall claim our defense is middle.of the pack? Where is all this D1 talent yall claim we have. Who can start for any other team in this league? I'm not trying to bag on the kids but facts are facts. KUGLAR WAS A SHIT SANDWICH WHO GAVE US THE DEATH PENALTY.

Are yall really looking at the talent on this team? We were 0-12 last year and 0-4 this year for a reason. And yall claim our defense is middle.of the pack? Where is all this D1 talent yall claim we have. Who can start for any other team in this league? I'm not trying to bag on the kids but facts are facts. KUGLAR WAS A SHIT SANDWICH WHO GAVE US THE DEATH PENALTY.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Winston Dimel the best fullback in the country?

C
What about his son who is supposed to be the number one Full Back in the country? He has been a ghost.
He is primarily a blocking back and hopes to go into the NFL as one. He had a nice long pass to him during the game with a rare on the money pass to Dimel. Dimel sadly has two fumbles to his name (Saturday fumble was not his fault as do to a bad snap).

The damned fffffffff'ing mistakes.

UTEP players have the physical fortitude to play with top tier talent. They showed it against the Vols. They don't have the mental fortitude to sustain a drive to win. Holding, illegal motion, false starts, delay of game, bad exchanges!! From NAU to Saturday night, over and over and over and over again. That happens time to time but every damned series practically for UTEP. That is 100% Dimel and staff not getting them mentally prepared for live game situations. Coach Martin said last week, UTEP still runs primarily and I'm stacking the box. Well, he did and while they bent like a cheap metal rod in a storm, NMSU didn't break....they didn't have too, UTEP did. This loss was totally on Dimel's shoulders. NAU, UNLV, Vols are far ahead of NMSU. NMSU looked horrible out there and UTEP just couldn't deliver the goods despite another stellar performance from Wadley.

Dimel has been nothing more than a goal line carry RB in his college career. In 3 seasons at KSU, he rushed for a total of 241 yards. So thats 80 total rushing yards per season. I don't know why some people think he was going to come in here and tear it up on offense. he is a good weapon to have on 1st and goal on the 3 yard line, but those situations have been a rare occasion for us this season.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Winston Dimel the best fullback in the country?
We are playing the game of football and to make your point you name one kid and he's a fullback. And you complain we aren't winning. You just made my point why we arent winning. If all you can name as a player who could start for any other team in the league is our fullback, then be prepared for a LONG 2 YEARS.

We are playing the game of football and to make your point you name one kid and he's a fullback. And you complain we aren't winning. You just made my point why we arent winning. If all you can name as a player who could start for any other team in the league is our fullback, then be prepared for a LONG 2 YEARS.

Our QB was on the Longhorns roster, so that has to be worth something.

C

UTEP players have the physical fortitude to play with top tier talent. They showed it against the Vols. They don't have the mental fortitude to sustain a drive to win. Holding, illegal motion, false starts, delay of game, bad exchanges!! From NAU to Saturday night, over and over and over and over again. That happens time to time but every damned series practically for UTEP. That is 100% Dimel and staff not getting them mentally prepared for live game situations. Coach Martin said last week, UTEP still runs primarily and I'm stacking the box. Well, he did and while they bent like a cheap metal rod in a storm, NMSU didn't break....they didn't have too, UTEP did. This loss was totally on Dimel's shoulders. NAU, UNLV, Vols are far ahead of NMSU. NMSU looked horrible out there and UTEP just couldn't deliver the goods despite another stellar performance from Wadley.
Dimel had this team ready for NMSU. The defense only allowed 13 points. The offense was tearing it up against NMSU. 429 total yards, 24 first downs to NMSU's 15, and a 40 minute time of possession. We played better offensively and defensively than NMSU, so its tough to say this loss was totally on Dimel's shoulders. The difference maker was the blocked punt for a TD and the fumble return for a TD. Sometimes you need a little bit of luck on your side to win a game, and NMSU got that on Saturday. It sucks but thats just how sports is sometimes and you cant blame Dimel for those 2 plays that resulted in NMSU TD's.

Wadley had a good game but not a stellar game. 20 carries for 111 yards and zero TD's is good. Stellar is more like PSU's RB's 22 carries for 200 yards and 3 TD's on Saturday.

Well Dimel is the coach and he hired the special teams coach. That’s part of the responsibility of being a head coach. You get all the glory and all the blame.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
I think the team has yet to take a step backwards in their development. They continue to improve but mistakes, penalties etc keep hurting us. All we can look for is continued improvement although, I think we'll are due for a step backwards at some point.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Well Dimel is the coach and he hired the special teams coach.
And????? Even some of the best special teams coaches in the country have kicks blocked against them. Sometimes the other team just makes a great play against you. It happens in sports. It is nobody's fault. I take it you have never played in any competitive sports.

Now if the blocked punts start becoming a re-occurring issue, then it is time to start blaming Dimel for the special teams coach.

Last edited:
That's the media narrative a lot of people ran with the moment Dimel signed, and it was laughable.
I was totally behind him coming to UTEP. While he has had two costly drive killing fumbles (the last one on Saturday was not his fault but from a really bad snap) he is blocking like a Big XII FB at KState. That's like putting the blame on Will for last year, but you can't blame him for what happened. Believe it or not Will did miss a couple blocks last year.

I am glad he’s here. Don’t get me wrong. He’s one of the few people on this team who looks like a real football player in terms of their body type. But he can’t make the line block, he can’t shore up punt protection and he’s not going to run for 100 plus yards. I think his value is off the field. I would imagine him/Locksley/Reese are trying to make these bums come up to their level in terms of how they approach the game. It’s tough sledding but let’s see where they’re at when it’s all said and done.

ADVERTISEMENT