ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin Hardison final stat line

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
I know still a bowl game left but this is his final numbers. He did improve from last season.

passing yards 2,966
passing tds 17
ints 12
rating 140.7

rushing 41 attempts -51 yards

if he wouldve had 20-25tds Utep probably has 2 more wins

Next season they need a pass catching RB and maybe throw more to the TEs?? People here are saying they should look at transfer portal for a QB.
I think they should look for a RB in the transfer portal.

I know still a bowl game left but this is his final numbers. He did improve from last season.

passing yards 2,966
passing tds 17
ints 12
rating 140.7

rushing 41 attempts -51 yards

if he wouldve had 20-25tds Utep probably has 2 more wins

Next season they need a pass catching RB and maybe throw more to the TEs?? People here are saying they should look at transfer portal for a QB.
I think they should look for a RB in the transfer portal.
Completion 55%. Yuck

We have pass catching RBs. It's the play calling that needs some adjusting.

Completion 55%. Yuck

We have pass catching RBs. It's the play calling that needs some adjusting.
This is the chicken and the egg argument but would the play calling be different with a qb that had a 65% completion rate?

Reactions: Rocketsr
Who are the pass catching RBs??
Who aren't? How many passes did we throw to our RBs out of the backfield?

I know Awatt can catch a screen pass and run it down the sideline for 65 yards. I also saw Flores catch many in the flat. Wadley has taken screens to the house in past seasons (if I remember correctly). I'm pretty sure Hankins can catch a ball out of the backfield.

Good teams have a stable of WR, we will have two next year. Cowings is a known commodity and Smith is an emerging star, but we are going to need a couple more. My wish is a tall WR who can burn (but those guys get snapped up quickly).

Who aren't? How many passes did we throw to our RBs out of the backfield?

I know Awatt can catch a screen pass and run it down the sideline for 65 yards. I also saw Flores catch many in the flat. Wadley has taken screens to the house in past seasons (if I remember correctly). I'm pretty sure Hankins can catch a ball out of the backfield.

I think they need a RB like Tyler Ebell or Howard Jackson, someone with speed. IDK if that type of RB is on Uteps roster.

But Dimel isnt replacing Hardison.

Good teams have a stable of WR, we will have two next year. Cowings is a known commodity and Smith is an emerging star, but we are going to need a couple more. My wish is a tall WR who can burn (but those guys get snapped up quickly).

i have no source just a guess but i think Cowing is gone either through transfer or pro.

I thought we had a true frosh QB who fit that bill to the letter
Well, if so, I hope he pushes Hardison for the starting job. We need more from our QB.

Hardison is not gonna get faster. He might improve marginally with accuracy. He might become a little smarter. I just don’t think our offensive ceiling raises much from where we are now, with him at QB.

It's too bad Goodwin didn't want to battle for the starting job. He could have done good things in this offense. Now he's buried in the bench of some FCS school.

Jakolby looks good but I dont think he has ever took a snap in college. Can't find any of his stats from JC. I didn't see him on the bench during the last home game.

It's too bad Goodwin didn't want to battle for the starting job. He could have done good things in this offense. Now he's buried in the bench of some FCS school.

Jakolby looks good but I dont think he has ever took a snap in college. Can't find any of his stats from JC. I didn't see him on the bench during the last home game.
TJ Goodwin is not even on the Miss Valley St roster. If he didn’t play a single snap for a 4-7 FCS team, what makes you think he could have competed for the starting job?

Reactions: EMA884
TJ Goodwin is not even on the Miss Valley St roster. If he didn’t play a single snap for a 4-7 FCS team, what makes you think he could have competed for the starting job?
I don't follow his career but if he's not on the roster then I assume he's not on the team. Maybe transferred again cuz he wasn't handed the starting job.

He had the talent to be good but most likely doesnt have the work ethic and attitude needed.

Hardison is UTEP’s man. UTEP will not even get a 5 star with a bazooka arm like his. If Hardison was in Texas, Arizona or California in high school he would easily would have been at least a 3 star with several mid a few P5 offers. He being in Hobbs then NMMI was our gain. Stop with this silly talk. I read it on here thru the Palmer years and no qb will satisfy the tastes of the “what if’ers”. But he needs more work. It was two years ago he came into sub for Locksley and couldn’t run, now he can scramble much, much better.

Now if Cowing goes pro he will be tough to replace. He is a special player.

Reactions: El Tio
but most likely doesnt have the work ethic and attitude needed.
Why would you even mention him as a QB option, then? Quite frankly, if someone can’t beat out Hardison in Ruidoso, then they shouldn’t be starting.

I think they need a RB like Tyler Ebell or Howard Jackson, someone with speed. IDK if that type of RB is on Uteps roster.

But Dimel isnt replacing Hardison.

I think Willie Eldridge is that guy at RB. Also, there is a wr named Jeremiah Ballard that UTEP really likes.

Reactions: FedupMiner
A bazooka arm doesn’t mean much when your average or below average at everything else.
And that much, much better scrambler that he is according to a certain poster…42 attempts for -52 yards. We should not let facts get in the way, though.

Jakolby Longino is a freshman out of Missouri City. I have also heard good things about him. You may be thinking about Kevin Hurley, JCorona.

I must’ve missed that gem. I’m sure NoWins had fun with that one!!

I dont think it was me but i think he can make it to the next level. Some of the guys on Espn or Fox said he has a chance to make it. He just needs a little more coaching, maybe Jordan Palmer can work with him??

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona

So You’d rather have a guy “buried in the bench of some FCS school” as you put it vs a strong -armed upper class man who is going to have 3000 yards passing this season and should improve next year? There is absolutely no pleasing you whatsoever

Reactions: EMA884
So You’d rather have a guy “buried in the bench of some FCS school” as you put it vs a strong -armed upper class man who is going to have 3000 yards passing this season and should improve next year? There is absolutely no pleasing you whatsoever
Lol whats wrong with having two qbs pushing each other to be better? Not to mention our wildcat package would be much more dangerous with Goodwin running it instead of Brownholtz.

Reactions: utep-piggy
Lol whats wrong with having two qbs pushing each other to be better? Not to mention our wildcat package would be much more dangerous with Goodwin running it instead of Brownholtz.

Let's be real about what we run when Brownholtz is in. It's not a "wildcat package." It's a direct snap to the guy who's going to run with the ball.

Jakolby Longino is a freshman out of Missouri City. I have also heard good things about him. You may be thinking about Kevin Hurley, JCorona.
Disappointed that neither Longino nor Hurley took any snaps this season. I'm sure they worked with the scout team but no game expierience.

I don't follow his career but if he's not on the roster then I assume he's not on the team. Maybe transferred again cuz he wasn't handed the starting job.

He had the talent to be good but most likely doesnt have the work ethic and attitude needed.
Looks like he was with Trinity Valley CC and is committed to MVSU for next season. Couldn't find any stats for him though. He was supposed to be the man at UTEP going forward.

I guess you're right. Having no one talented enough to challenge your starting qb is a good thing for the program.
I mean, that’s literally what happened two years ago when Gavin just showed up to UTEP tryouts. He wasn’t recruited out of high school, played a year at NMMI, then showed off his arm and got the scholarship and eventual starting gig. I don’t know whether there’s another QB on the roster good enough to start over him or if Dimel prefers his strong arm over everything else, but I would love a JUCO or grad transfer QB. If nothing else, I want to see Gavin develop and play well in the bowl game with the extra practice in the new offense.

I mean, that’s literally what happened two years ago when Gavin just showed up to UTEP tryouts. He wasn’t recruited out of high school, played a year at NMMI, then showed off his arm and got the scholarship and eventual starting gig. I don’t know whether there’s another QB on the roster good enough to start over him or if Dimel prefers his strong arm over everything else, but I would love a JUCO or grad transfer QB. If nothing else, I want to see Gavin develop and play well in the bowl game with the extra practice in the new offense.

Why would a Grad transfer come to Utep?? Starting job isnt available . Grad Transfers usually want the starting job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT