ADVERTISEMENT

Gilyard and Williams' name regularly appear as those who will make an immediate impact,

MineroFanatico

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 11, 2015
however, other names that I have also seen mentioned are Wade, Osborne and Smith (pretty much every newb).

Who is the ONE new comer you guys predict to have the most profound impact next season? And why?

I'm gonna say Gilyard just because I can't see Touchet running the point all year. I think most of us agree that Touchet and Omega are much better off at the 2 position. We will have depth in the paint and hopefully some scorers on the wing. If Gilyard comes in hot and can score/distribute/defend then look out..

Williams is 'cant' miss' 3/4. He can play both ends, long enough to guard 4 positions, good rebounder. He'll see playing time at multiple positions.

Don't sleep on Osbourne either.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I'm kind of going out on a limb perhaps, maybe not, but I'm going with Tirus Smith. He's coming in as a full grown man. Skills around the bucket. Floyd said he could pull his defender out to the 3 point line and he can rebound. May not be an easy road because he'll have to earn his time with PT ahead of him. Just like the idea of having a stretch 4 for once.

Well I don't know anything about wade so I am not gonna pick him... I am gonna go with smith because as someone said I have always wanted to have a stretch 4

I'm expecting multiple impact players ....but based on what I've heard and read and seen on video; I think Wade and Smith are absolute standout All-Conference candidates and Williams and Osborne are right there too. Flaggert, Touchet, Jones might see their minutes dwindle. I think success is all in the hands of the two frosh pgs.

Not sure about immediate impact next year because of who he has playing ahead of him (Omega), but I will go with Wade. He reminds me a bit of Lee Moore, but maybe a bit taller. It is interesting that they played at the same high school. I think he will impact on both sides of the court with his athleticism.

I say Osbourne. He has been in the TF system for a full year now learning. He had some good stats at that Canadian college averaging 15 points and 5 rebounds a game. The folks over in Canada seemed real salty when UTEP recruited him.

So barring him missing his girlfriend he could turn out to be the impact player we expected Mcswiggan to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT