ADVERTISEMENT

Go Charlotte, Go UAB!!

Article from the Monroe News Star

UAB is having trouble finishing and Charlotte is one healthy coach away from challenging for a conference crown, but has the chance of handing LT a big fat "L". If they don't. The regular season may be decided in Ruston, which UTEP has done before during the WAC days.

UTEP & LT starting to seperate from the pack

Charlotte was up 4 with 2:00 left, but couldn't close it out. Couldn't hit free throws and didn't play much defense. Going to OT.

UAB and WKU tied at the start of the second half.

I think Charlotte took a lot out of LaTech and ODU could benefit from them having gone into OT. Not a huge deal, but it would be good to see Old Dominion take it to LaTech and get a W. It would certainly help our chances to win CUSA outright and get the top seed in the conference tourney.

UAB hangs on to win by 5. It's important that they stay ahead of WKU. If we win in Ruston and finish tied with Tech, I think we would be the 1 seed if UAB finishes ahead of WKU. Tech split with UAB while we won the head-to-head with them.

Charlotte missed a freaking open two footer at the buzzer. Would have won it in regulation. Close.

CONFERENCE USA MEN'S BASKETBALL TIE-BREAKERS
Tie-breaking Procedure. In case of a tie for any place finish in the regular-season standings, the
following tie-breaking procedure shall be followed in order to seed teams in the Tournament
bracket.
TWO-TEAM TIE.
1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular season.
2. Each team's record vs. the team with the highest winning percentage in the final regular
season standings (or in the case of a tie for the championship, the next highest winning
percentage in the regular season standings) continuing down through the standings until
one team gains an advantage.
a. When arriving at another set of tied teams (i.e., same winning percentage) while
comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a
group (prior to that groups own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the
performance against the individual tied teams.
b. When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the higher
winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the
team or group is unequal (e.g., 2-0 is better than 3-1); in the case of tied
percentages vs. the team or group of 1.000 or .000 the following shall apply: 2-0
is better than 1-0; 0-1 is better than 0-2.
3. Won-loss percentage of all Division I opponents.
4. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.
MULTIPLE-TEAM TIE.
1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular season.
a. When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the higher
winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the
team or group are unequal (e.g., 2-0 is better than 3-1); in the case of tied
percentages vs. the team or group of 1.000 or .000 the following shall apply: 2-0
b. After the top team among the tied teams is determined, the next team(s) is
ranked by its record among all of the original tied teams, not the head-to-head
record vs. the remaining team(s).
2. If the remaining teams are still tied, then each tied team's record shall be compared to the
team with the highest winning percentage in the final regular-season standings, continuing
down through the standings until a team gains an advantage. This continues until all ties
are broken. At no point does the tie breaker revert to head to head record.
a. When arriving at another set of tied teams (i.e., same winning percentage) while
comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a
group (prior to that groups own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the
performance against the individual tied teams.
b. When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the higher
team or group are unequal (e.g., 2-0 is better than 3-1); in the case of tied
3. Won-loss percentage of all Division I opponents.
4. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

Charlotte HAD IT. Oh well, It's just setting up for an epic game against LT this coming up Thursday. A win in Ruston would be HUGE for the Miners in hopes of still getting an at large bid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT