ADVERTISEMENT

Good Helmet design for UTEP?

I'm not a fan of that design. It is too busy. There's something to be said and appreciated about simplistic helmet designs. Plus, the site is kind of a joke. Did you see what they had for Kentucky's helmet? They used their basketball logo because that's all that really matters in Lexington. Stupid.

When I first saw it, I thought, no. Then I saw it again and as wild as it looks, I'm still no on this design.

Too busy? No. It's a great alternative design with a lot of contemporary style. Nothing wrong with looking hot! Marketing.

He gives kudos for the pick ax doubling as the letter T in UTEP, but takes it out in favor of the old Paydirt Pete. The head lamp looks silly. Nah.

The Miners' helmet definitely more appealing and less annoying than the Bama Hound sTooth helmet. We know it's a tip of the hat to The Bear Bryant, but that's too much.

I didn't like it that much. It was ok and I am all for them having alternative helmets, but I think there could be a better design.

Check this out , subtle change.
11024144_1638555543041326_577010813_n.jpg

I wish Kugler would change the helmet design! That 80's Paydirt Pete is ugly as hell. Rumor has it that Bret Favre was laughing at it when we played Southern Miss in the Independence Bowl. :p

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
Anything but the cartoon character used last season. There's throw backs and then there's throw ups. UTEP's copyrighted "pick ax" logo is one of the most distinctive in college football, really like the alternative design per develman above.

Reactions: Cicileslie
All I want to see is a chrome orange helmet with Paydirt Pete on it or a matte orange helmet with a chrome pick axe on it.

Since we're talking helmets, uniforms, logos and colors; I'd like to see them come out with an ice white helmet, light gray numbers with orange trim. Or a matt black helmet, black jersey and pants. I like the miner with the pick ax logo the best. I'm sorry folks, I've never been a fan of the letters on the helmet. Sue me. Lol. Paydirt Pete logo needs to be when they have throwback weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT