ADVERTISEMENT

Goodby Downtown Arena

We need a 1000 foot Tower Downtown, like the Space Needle. We also need a Chinatown, a fish market, a beach on the Rio, and a Six Flags.

I think we should just copy the tourist attractions of every major city.

We need a 1000 foot Tower Downtown, like the Space Needle. We also need a Chinatown, a fish market, a beach on the Rio, and a Six Flags.

I think we should just copy the tourist attractions of every major city.
Instead You’re about to get 1000 Afghan refugees

Leeser was the mayor that moved the downtown arena site from Abraham Chavez to Durangito (Soccer Stadium) site. Cook plan was to raise ACC. People forget the other side of Paisano is targeted for the soccer stadium. Last three mayors Cook, Leeser, and Margo targeted Durangito for tear down may it be an arena or soccer stadium. Remember Leeser killed UTEP’s desalination plant in fear the sun bowl would go back to grass.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Leeser was the mayor that moved the downtown arena site from Abraham Chavez to Durangito (Soccer Stadium) site. Cook plan was to raise ACC. People forget the other side of Paisano is targeted for the soccer stadium. Last three mayors Cook, Leeser, and Margo targeted Durangito for tear down may it be an arena or soccer stadium. Remember Leeser killed UTEP’s desalination plant in fear the sun bowl would go back to grass.
Correct

I mean they’ve built a lot. EPW is one of our better run govt. entities.
The drainage pond that is on I- 10 between Copia and Piedras has not worked in the last two heavy rain storms. El Paso Water claims that the pumps did not work.

Yeah. I guess if the largest city in Texas couldn't sustain a major theme park, there are definitely questions of viability in El Paso.

But I still believe El Paso could do better than Western Playland.

And I'd still love to see somebody build a mountain coaster in El Paso.
I think one of the main drawbacks to an amusement park in El Paso could be the summer heat. Would a lot of you be willing to walk around in 100+ degree heat in the summer at an amusement park?

I think one of the main drawbacks to an amusement park in El Paso could be the summer heat. Would a lot of you be willing to walk around in 100+ degree heat in the summer at an amusement park?
Nothing like 100 degree temps to quell that slight bit of nausea one gets from being tossed about!!

Reactions: axingfools1
Dallas and San Antonio are hot, and much more muggy than El Paso, and both have amusement parks.
Yeah. Very humid places like St Louis and Orlando have theme parks too. Yes, El Paso is hot, but it’s equal to those when you consider the humidity.

Though, I am not aware of theme parks in Phoenix and Las Vegas. The Phoenix zoo closes at 1 pm or something like that during the summer months as well.

Yeah. Very humid places like St Louis and Orlando have theme parks too. Yes, El Paso is hot, but it’s equal to those when you consider the humidity.

Though, I am not aware of theme parks in Phoenix and Las Vegas. The Phoenix zoo closes at 1 pm or something like that during the summer months as well.
Las Vegas has an indoor amusement park at Circus Circus.

Reactions: develman
The coyotes have tried to move several times and they’ve had ownership/management issues for awhile. This isn’t like a one sided decision.

Reactions: FedupMiner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT