ADVERTISEMENT

H&H

I never went there but from reading everyone’s comments on other threads it seems like H&H was either loved or hated. Am I wrong?

I never went there but from reading everyone’s comments on other threads it seems like H&H was either loved or hated. Am I wrong?
It was an El Paso icon much in the same way locals rave about Chico's Tacos. I didn't visit it often. But if I were in the area and hungry, I'd stop in for a bite and a car wash.

You forgot to mention the rumored pee-spot that Villa left years ago.......very historically significant for EP and the nation. Not known if it was Villa himself or his horse Siete Leguas who left the spot but we are primed to have a DNA test and and court battle verify it's authenticity.

I guess it's not so sacred??? The Chinese laundry and crappy houses downtown are more important . Lol
Except it’s not really downtown and on the other side of the freeway. And never, ever considered a spot for the “downtown” arena. I don’t remember anyone saying H&H was sacred, in a legitimate way either.

Did you catch a bounce pass with your head recently?

Except it’s not really downtown and on the other side of the freeway. And never, ever considered a spot for the “downtown” arena. I don’t remember anyone saying H&H was sacred, in a legitimate way either.

Were you born in a cave?? H & H is considered a iconic place. That's what OSO called it comparing it to Chicos tacos. I didnt say it was sacred. But the laundry mat and old house where arena suppose to be is sacred.

What's not in downtown ?? The arena is suppose to be in downtown.

Reactions: MinerFan79

this dude and his alter ego are always dumb shits

Were you born in a cave?? H & H is considered a iconic place. That's what OSO called it comparing it to Chicos tacos. I didnt say it was sacred. But the laundry mat and old house where arena suppose to be is sacred.

What's not in downtown ?? The arena is suppose to be in downtown.
The laundromat and whorehouse are only “important” because they’re downtown. No actual history happened at H&H car wash. That’s why he’s easily able to close and sell it. Comparing two places downtown to it, is moronic, but that’s your specialty.

Padma was there.

Padma-Wearing-Bikini-Miami-January-2019.jpg

This is old news for most on here, but I will always remember that Leon Bridges filmed a music video at H&H(as well as scenic drive and Rosa's Cantina) a few years ago:

I'll be damned; I never knew. Is there a story about why he wanted to set this in El Paso?

As for H&H, I never ate there, always meant to someday when coming back to El Paso, and now I'll never know what I missed.

There are just so many other great places in El Paso that I just never made it to H&H. At least Charcoaler came back from the dead.

Reactions: JCorona
Says the guy calling Austin a “town” and talks about being trained by some guy 99.99% of people have never heard of.
Not sticking up for randaddy here, but to be fair, anyone who had more than a surface level interest of soccer in El Paso in the early 90s knew who Marinho was.

The dude played along side of Pele, played in a World Cup, and played for the New York Cosmos before becoming a trainer in EP…but I digress.

Not sticking up for randaddy here, but to be fair, anyone who had more than a surface level interest of soccer in El Paso in the early 90s knew who Marinho was.

The dude played along side of Pele, played in a World Cup, and played for the New York Cosmos before becoming a trainer in EP…but I digress.
That’s great. I think you said you work as a teacher, ask your fellow co-workers and students who Marinho is. Maybe the soccer coach might know. He’s not well known.

That’s great. I think you said you work as a teacher, ask your fellow co-workers and students who Marinho is. Maybe the soccer coach might know. He’s not well known.
Nobody said he was well known. Why did you even bring that up? He WAS well known in certain circles during a specific era. He is not anymore. What does that have to do with anything?

From what I remember, all randaddy said was that he was trained by him. He didn’t say he was trained by the most well known of soccer players/trainers. What’s your point?

How many current students would know pistol pete, walt frazier, etc.... I think the only player in football they'd know is terry bradshaw and that is because he is on TV.

What is your profession nonsensesince1992?

Nobody said he was well known. Why did you even bring that up? He WAS well known in certain circles during a specific era. He is not anymore. What does that have to do with anything?

From what I remember, all randaddy said was that he was trained by him. He didn’t say he was trained by the most well known of soccer players/trainers. What’s your point?
He brought it up in a “braggy” way that he was trained by this guy. Unless a common person knows who you’re a talking about. There is no difference between Marinho and Doug Jones.

How many current students would know pistol pete, walt frazier, etc.... I think the only player in football they'd know is terry bradshaw and that is because he is on TV.

What is your profession nonsensesince1992?
More than Marinho. Pistol Pete is probably still brought up on LSU broadcasts and seen in LSU’s arena. Walt Frazier recently had Puma shoes released and is likely brought up on some Knicks broadcasts. You know, that are watched by people in America.

Pete and Frazier are definitely more well known in the US than Marinho. Not even close!

I work as a poker dealer for a high end game and I specialize in credit issues.

And you? Still looking to volunteer at Albertsons?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT