ADVERTISEMENT

Hankins is a beast.

Proof
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1st half TDs scored by Deion Hankins (so far): 3<br><br>Souls taken by Deion Hankins (so far): roughly a billion<br><br>UTEP leads LA-Monroe 21-0. <a href="https://t.co/pAZURl04Yw">pic.twitter.com/pAZURl04Yw</a></p>&mdash; Colin Deaver (@ColinDeaverTV) <a href="">September 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hankin’s is a beast, so is Awatt. Awatt has been badly underutilized. He needs to be UTEPs number two back. He is so much quicker and stronger than Fields I wonder if Dimel is playing Fields in an attempt to pander to El Paso high school coaches.

Wondering if something is wrong with Eldridge? It appeared he was higher on the depth chart than Awatt.

Fields is a change of pace back and is doing well, don't think you cut his carries. RB are like a shooter in basketball they can hit a streak or have a cold night. Fields is that kind of back.

Fields has a 3.3 ypc and Awatt has 3.6, I think we’re splitting hairs here. 0.3 yards isn’t much of a difference. Someone’s going to get hurt eventually, it’s football so everyone needs to be ready.

Fields has a 3.3 ypc and Awatt has 3.6, I think we’re splitting hairs here. 0.3 yards isn’t much of a difference. Someone’s going to get hurt eventually, it’s football so everyone needs to be ready.
Sample size? I'm sure Fields has more than double the carries than Awatt. Nonetheless, my gripe is Hankins should get the majority of the carries between 60 and 70 percent.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Sample size? I'm sure Fields has more than double the carries than Awatt. Nonetheless, my gripe is Hankins should get the majority of the carries between 60 and 70 percent.

I don’t disagree with that all, my only argument against that is the fact that Hankins is such a physical runner and in less than 7 games in two years he’s already been injured twice. He got injured last season and didn’t get to play in 4 games as a true freshman and he missed the Aneline Christian game with a leg injury.

He is a major part of what makes this offense tick I’d be hesitant to run the guy into the ground. Is it worth giving him 70% of the carries when you can maybe give him 60% and hopefully preserve his health over the course of the season? Obviously the situation should dictate when he gets the carries but I would treat this kid like the gem he is. Plus if you have a fresh Hankins in the 4th he’s that much more dangerous in a tight game. If the defense is worn out who’s gonna want to initiate contact with him?

Hankins in a sling? Surgery? Anyone catch Kappy’s show as to why? Was this why he got less Carrie’s?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT