ADVERTISEMENT

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts

STexMiner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2004
This my attempt to polish the turd that was tonight.

First of all, everyone go find your personal Swamp Cooler. Don't know what the Swamp Cooler was? Maybe some of the more experienced posters here can let you know. Go grab yourself a Don Haskins special. Don't know what a Don Haskins special is? A longneck and a shot tequila.

Despite what happened tonight, I still think we're better than 10 of the 11 teams that we'll see in Birmingham in a couple of weeks.

I actually think that the way the conference has set up this year, it might be better to be the 2 seed than the 1 seed. The way things that are likely to line up, Tech is going to have Charlotte, WKU, and ODU on their side of the bracket. Charlotte has a pretty good shot at being the 12 seed, and they might be the most talented 12 seed I've ever seen. WKU has the capability to beat anyone on any given night. And ODU. ODU has the inside track for the last bye. Assuming they don't slip up between now and then, they're going to be fighting for their postseason lives in the tournament. If things go right, I think they'll be of the mindset that they might be in as an at large if they can get to the championship game. And, presumably, they'll have to go through Tech to get there. Needless to say, I think ODU matches up much better with Tech than we do. On the flip side, I think UTEP probably matches up better with ODU than anyone in the conference.

If we are lucky enough to get to championship and we have to face Tech, here's a couple rays of hope. First, the old adage that it's extremely difficult to beat a team three times in one season. Second, Tech hasn't won a conference tourney since 1991 I believe. They were arguably the best team in the WAC their final season or two and the best team in CUSA last year and couldn't get it done. Why? Their game is to run and press the entire game. Fatigue would have to affect them more than it would us. That's definitely why they lost last year. And, throw in hopefully having to fight tooth and nail to get through ODU in the semis.

So, there you go. Happy thoughts. And I know the counterarguments to everything here, so don't point them out. This is a happy thoughts thread.

Good night Miner fans. The sun will come up tomorrow. I promise.

At this point, the only thing that would help me have some happy thoughts is for TxRdKiller to resurrect that picture of Elin Nordegren. :)

GO MINERS!

Originally posted by LTMiner61:
At this point, the only thing that would help me have some happy thoughts is for TxRdKiller to resurrect that picture of Elin Nordegren. :)

GO MINERS!

I second that!

Originally posted by LTMiner61:

GO MINERS!
Now there's a picture for a milk carton......

Where have all the good guys gone?
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Not to mention their pictures

2 people that belonged on a milk carton(for missing people) Elin & TxRdKiller --> still missing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT