ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Chris?

Miner Dawgma

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 23, 2004
Any insight on Billy Gillispie and the basketball team? Rich man asking for a salary of $1 to help coach which is what he's probably dying to do? Or just passing through town? Seeing an old girlfriend in town? Coming back to where the karma was perfect to recharge?

Sorry for the delay in response. I've had a crazy life the last couple weeks and worked several jobs. It's good to get back in the groove of things. I've heard a ton of things as to why he is here from seeing family to just wanting to be around the team. Nothing official if he is with the team in any capacity but i do know he has worked the guys to the BONE when he has helped. To me, that can't be a bad thing at all.

Thanks. That's too bad. In a weird way I got a little excited at having three head coaches coach the Miners.

I was pretty critical of Gillispie when he left because I wasn't used to coaches bolting after a couple of years. Like Steve Kaplowitz used to say, we got spoiled with the Bear. Then we had Doc and Barbee leave and my heart was hardened. I started getting used to being dumped. It actually felt kind of cool to see Gillispie back in the stands. Like a family member you know who's always in trouble with money or women or booze...you talk about how his family raised him wrong and on the off chance you see im at a family gathering you fogrt all the bad things and just remember th egood times.

I always think that if something is going to happen, it's gonna be like the story line in Hoosiers: former coach looking to redeem himself after all the troubles he's had.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT