ADVERTISEMENT

Hooper Vint

jdubb66

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2009
He should be our poster child for sticking with a program. He should get tons of minutes this season and his stat line should really jump. He could really turn some heads.

Anything above 5 points a game I'll be surprised!! I actually think if they don't redshirt romine....vint will be about the same in the rotation as last year

Kind of agree with Purple. If Vint doesn't get his head around the concept that basketball is a game for toughness, he'll be the same and probably have less minutes on the court. Needs to read this book:
Toughness: Developing True Strength On and Off the Court
by Jay Bilas

Floyd's schtick is big men projects. Some work out great, some don't. Best examples, Dave "The Cheese" Feitl and Cedric Lang.

I really hope so if he even gets 12 or 10 a game maybe I'm pushing it but you never know plus he's been around along time I see it as a 50/550. Let's hope it's on the he plus side....It will have to be

I'll be happy with 8 points+respectable rebounds, defense, and outlet passes (provided our guards can hit the open 3 this year).

He should be our poster child for sticking with a program. He should get tons of minutes this season and his stat line should really jump. He could really turn some heads.

I hope you're right. I don't know what would change so drastically in the span of a season tho. Without fellow bigs, Lang and or Willms, Vint is gonna have to assume duties of banging with the big boys. Not exactly his strength, historically speaking. Also, he's gonna have to bring that career 27% FT average up a bit cuz he'll be at the line just a bit more. If his minutes do indeed increase significantly, personally I'd be pleased with 8 and 5, and 60% from the stripe. Anything more would be gravy imo.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
From 27% to 60% from the chaiity? That would be a miraculous turnaround - I don't think that kind of improvement has ever been realized in college hoops. If 45% could be reached - that would be a great achievement.
mobile.nytimes.com/2009/03/04/sports/basketball/04freethrow.html?pagewanted=all&referrer=&_r=0

Has he put on any weight? If he is still a string bean then he will get pushed around like last year. Don't need a 3 point shooting center.

Nothing wrong with having a 3pt shooting center as long as he can score inside as well.... Actually would rather have a center that has 3pt range than not because it will make the opposing teams center come out to guard him and take away a rim protector

Reactions: mikesarabia
Nothing wrong with having a 3pt shooting center as long as he can score inside as well.... Actually would rather have a center that has 3pt range than not because it will make the opposing teams center come out to guard him and take away a rim protector

Definitely Vint's strongest attribute. Can't imagine it won't be used a bit, and as you mentioned, even if just to clear the paint a little for some other guys to penetrate the lane. Would love for Hoop to surprise me.

mobile.nytimes.com/2009/03/04/sports/basketball/04freethrow.html?pagewanted=all&referrer=&_r=0

I hear ya. Huge jump and perhaps I'm hoping for too much. I'm just hopeful that the percentage is skewed by the small sample size. He's only taken 60 FTs his entire collegiate career. Most of those attempts were during mop up duty, too. He has a nice soft touch from outside. I'm hopeful that Vint becomes more comfortable on the court his final year, and the shooter's touch translates to the stripe as well.

Has he put on any weight? If he is still a string bean then he will get pushed around like last year. Don't need a 3 point shooting center.
Not a string bean at all VA Miner about 230-240 going into this year, lean but strong saw him last week

Its a bad sign if he is shooting 27% from the line in only mop up duty. If he makes 1 out of every 4 free throws during no pressure mop up time, I don't even want to imagine what is going to happen during a competitive game.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Its a bad sign if he is shooting 27% from the line in only mop up duty. If he makes 1 out of every 4 free throws during no pressure mop up time, I don't even want to imagine what is going to happen during a competitive game.

Well, as Miner fans, all we can do is hope He finds his form, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT