ADVERTISEMENT

Hooper Vint

jdubb66

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2009
Played really soft on Saturday I thought. Not very aggressive. If you're going to foul someone, don't let them get a 3 point play on you. He was very tentative going for loose balls and rebounds. Still, I think there is a lot of potential there if he gets more confident.

Stallworth was aggressive. He attacked the rim a couple of times taking a more experienced player to the hoop twice. Once he drew a foul and the other time he had what I thought was a bad offensive foul called on him. I hope he gets more pt.

That is exactly what I see when Vint is on the floor. The kid is large and coordinated, but just simply lacks aggressiveness and confidence. He needs to use soft hooks when close to the hoop, clear the middle with his large bod for rebounds, and be unafraid to take the 3 when he is wide open. Perhaps more playing time will up his confidence level.

Vint is what he is, unfortunately. Hopefully improves a bit with each outing, but is not going to blossom into anything special. Hold the Fort Vint and heal Matt!

Good eye on Sallworth's play jdubb. You can see that he's just itching to make up for lost time.
This post was edited on 2/2 2:28 PM by allminer

Not sure about everyone else but I love stalworth!! Think he is gonna be a great point guard!!

Lew like Vint need to gain confidence. Hooper's feet are to slow and smaller players blow right by him.
Good to see Cooper finally have some good games, I haven't trashed him like others in here, but it was pretty weak play in his part for a four year player that showed so much promise last year. But I'm really going to miss C Lang next year, what heart and he has just gotten better every year here. Not bad for a project player CTF picked up four years ago.

GO MINER

Originally posted by winstoneptx:
Lew like Vint need to gain confidence. Hooper's feet are to slow and smaller players blow right by him.
Good to see Cooper finally have some good games, I haven't trashed him like others in here, but it was pretty weak play in his part for a four year player that showed so much promise last year. But I'm really going to miss C Lang next year, what heart and he has just gotten better every year here. Not bad for a project player CTF picked up four years ago.

GO MINER
Well said on all your points.

I believe Lang was instrumental on the players staying in El Paso during the summer to work out an attend class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT