ADVERTISEMENT

Houston and East Texas Miner Fans

Why do doesnt Utep play games out west??
Houston is to far. GCU would be a good road game.

Right. That explains why instead of playing the #260 in Phoenix they’re playing the #67 team in Houston. Smart logic there. Not every post has to be a bash UTEP reply.

He was asking why we don’t play out West. UTEP could have played at GCU/Arizona St/Utah St/Weber St/San Jose St instead of East Central.

Not blasting their game tonight. Which is really good. Just need more of that and less of the D2 trash.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
He was asking why we don’t play out West. UTEP could have played at GCU/Arizona St/Utah St/Weber St/San Jose St instead of East Central.

Not blasting their game tonight. Which is really good. Just need more of that and less of the D2 trash.
I agree but for this year I think the schedule is good. If this was year four and we were returning an experienced NCAA team then yeah let’s hit the road and test ourselves. For a young team that won eight games and needs time for all the transfers to adjust I don’t think it’s too bad. I’ll give Senter and Terry a fresh slate and not group them in with Floyd’s scheduling preferences.

I agree but for this year I think the schedule is good. If this was year four and we were returning an experienced NCAA team then yeah let’s hit the road and test ourselves. For a young team that won eight games and needs time for all the transfers to adjust I don’t think it’s too bad. I’ll give Senter and Terry a fresh slate and not group them in with Floyd’s scheduling preferences.

I guess. You can’t tell me though that the East Central game did any good for the team. Bryson played 25 minutes and Efe and Tydus only combined for 23 minutes. Should have gone on the road and played at Kansas or some high level team. As that game would have provided better competition and a better measuring stick, even if we would have lost by 30.

Can't get much more west than that!
Or can you?
screen-shot-2019-05-19-at-11-24-59-pm-1558322756.png

He didnt mention D2 games either, but you chose to throw in your sarcastic ass parrot response. Great contribution.

We all know you are an ass. You dont have to defend yourself.

I guess. You can’t tell me though that the East Central game did any good for the team. Bryson played 25 minutes and Efe and Tydus only combined for 23 minutes. Should have gone on the road and played at Kansas or some high level team. As that game would have provided better competition and a better measuring stick, even if we would have lost by 30.
Great idea. You should email Senter and Terry because I doubt they ever thought of this as a possibility.

Reactions: picks up
He didnt mention D2 games either, but you chose to throw in your sarcastic ass parrot response. Great contribution.

We all know you are an ass. You dont have to defend yourself.

Yes, and I was telling him we don’t play out West, or East, or anywhere. It’s because UTEP would rather schedule D2 teams instead of playing real teams.

Im here. First thing I gotta say is front row parking for $10. Not bad. The arena is super nice. The crowd is light right now. I’ve seen and talked to a few miner fans. The pre game music is bumping. It’s giving me the vibes of a big game.

If anyone wants I can do a quick Twitter live feed so you can see how it looks.

I know we are seeing what we are seeing offensively, but can you believe this DEFENSE. I'm loving it! If we play this type of Defense we will be in almost every game.

Who’s to say that Kansas or any body else had room or wanted to play UTEP. Scheduling is a two way street. You just don’t go tell a school we are going to play.

Who’s to say that Kansas or any body else had room or wanted to play UTEP. Scheduling is a two way street. You just don’t go tell a school we are going to play.

Well no shit. Houston played BYU, Oregon, South Carolina, and Oklahoma State this season. You mean to tell me those schools are willing to play an Elite 8 team, but not a school who won 8 games last year?

NMSU has played at Kansas and at Duke recently, you believe UTEP couldn’t play those teams or someone similar? We played at Marquette last year. UC Irvine played at Colorado and TCU this year. The year before they played at Texas A&M, St Mary’s, and Butler. UTEP can’t get one of those games though???

UTEP chooses to not play on the road versus real teams, it’s not because they don’t have the opportunity.

Well no shit. Houston played BYU, Oregon, South Carolina, and Oklahoma State this season. You mean to tell me those schools are willing to play an Elite 8 team, but not a school who won 8 games last year?

NMSU has played at Kansas and at Duke recently, you believe UTEP couldn’t play those teams or someone similar? We played at Marquette last year. UC Irvine played at Colorado and TCU this year. The year before they played at Texas A&M, St Mary’s, and Butler. UTEP can’t get one of those games though???

UTEP chooses to not play on the road versus real teams, it’s not because they don’t have the opportunity.

Doesnt @Houston count as a real team?

The road trip at Kansas really helped nmsu. That’s why two road games later they lost at mighty California baptist. Weren’t you making fun of UC Irvine for losing to them? What’s the logic there smart guy?

Reactions: picks up
The road trip at Kansas really helped nmsu. That’s why two road games later they lost at mighty California baptist. Weren’t you making fun of UC Irvine for losing to them? What’s the logic there smart guy?

IIRC, they played Kansas tough. Almost won, probably good for recruiting and perception, wouldn’t you say? They might have lost to Cal Baptist, but they won the WAC tournament and made the NCAAs. They won when it counted. Playing tough games prepare you for that.

BTW - Cal Baptist’s home court and attendance is better than almost all of the CUSA teams that UTEP faces.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT