• 6-7

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Less than 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
Assuming we play a full schedule how many do you see us winning? Our conference sos is 13/14. We have it pretty easy.

Using current KenPom ratings

@ 281 USM
@ 281 USM
If we don’t sweep this series forget about winning a conference title.

261 RICE
261 RICE
Same as above

@ 104 UNT
@ 104 UNT
Split

121 LT
121 LT
we must defend the Don and sweep but will split

@ 184 UTSA
184 UTSA
Split

@ 97 UAB
@ 97 UAB
two L’s

183 FIU
183 FIU
Sweep

@ 214 FAU
@ 214 FAU
Sweep

169 Charlotte
169 Charlotte
Split

12-6 good enough for the 3/4 seed

Sweep: All home games for 9-0 record.
Split: Road games at UNT, UAB for 2-2 record.
Sweep: Road games at USM, FAU, UTSA for 5-0 record.

Record: 16-2 good for 2nd seed behind WKU.

Reactions: JCorona

I think 16-2 will be good enough for co champs.

Miners haven't been undefeated at Home in CUSA since 2010, but yeah, this is the year!!!!!!!
😒

I’m gonna say 13-5. This should be a 15-3 team with who we’re playing but we’ll lose a couple close games, get our asses kicked a couple times and flat out gift wrap and express deliver a W for some lucky team.

If this team, despite it’s coach, can find a way to share the ball, be prudent in it’s shot selection, and ****ing rebound against a decent team, I do think come tourney time they can beat any team in CUSA, including WKU and UAB.

One factor to consider is the back to back play.....winning twice against the same team on back to back games might be a little tricky. I expect to see a few blow outs the first night and close and upsets the second.
I think we can take advantage of this due to our depth. Its our potential 3pt shooting woes that worry me more.

I think we can take advantage of this due to our depth. Its our potential 3pt shooting woes that worry me more.

Agree. The only guys who should have the “green light” to shoot the 3 are Boum at 48%, Hess at 45%, Williams at 40% and I think the nod has to be given to Sjolund even though he currently shoots at 33%.

The next highest percentages are Kennedy at 20%, Bieniemy at 17%, Agnew at 14% and Vuk at 12.5%. If these guys miss their first attempt, they shouldn’t shoot another from deep that game. Fortunately, aside from Vuk, all of those guys can go to the hole, which is what they seem to excel at anyway.

I mentioned in another post about shooting wisely. If the shooters shoot, and the drivers drive, we shouldn’t really have 3 point shooting woes. Hopefully CRT eventually sees it the same way.

Well, one caller called in during post game talk after ASU win and said this UTEP squad was the real deal this year. I think he and I were drunk.

Other than Boum, the guards need to improve perimeter shooting percentage. Williams needs to stay out of foul trouble (he is a foul magnet just due to his size & strength) and if UTEP can keep rebounds to "one and done" they can give WKU a run for their money.

Reactions: miner1liner
Well, one caller called in during post game talk after ASU win and said this UTEP squad was the real deal this year. I think he and I were drunk.

Other than Boum, the guards need to improve perimeter shooting percentage. Williams needs to stay out of foul trouble (he is a foul magnet just due to his size & strength) and if UTEP can keep rebounds to "one and done" they can give WKU a run for their money.

Not trying to be a contrarian, but not really. I couldn’t remember BW being in foul trouble aside from AZ, where he had 4, so I went back and looked. He had 3 against St Mary’s but the other 4 games he had 2 or less. Not exactly a foul magnet. Just sayin’...

I’m gonna say 13-5. This should be a 15-3 team with who we’re playing but we’ll lose a couple close games, get our asses kicked a couple times and flat out gift wrap and express deliver a W for some lucky team.

If this team, despite it’s coach, can find a way to share the ball, be prudent in it’s shot selection, and ****ing rebound against a decent team, I do think come tourney time they can beat any team in CUSA, including WKU and UAB.

Well, here’s the gift wrapped, express delivered win. USM is the lucky beneficiary.

IF we perform like we did vs Arizona State, 12 wins are within reach. If we perform down to our weak conference level -- and my expectation is that with Rodney Terry at coach, we will -- 8 wins max.

And with tonight's debacle, I voted 6-7 wins. I had already said 8 max if we perform down to our weak conference level and guess what we did tonight.

We may not win another meaningful game this year. The team has really regressed. We are so poorly prepared. We might actually be looking at Terry's last season here and a big roster turnover again. I just don't see any direction, consistency or future with Terry at the healm. Sad but true because I really do feel that we have the players to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT