ADVERTISEMENT

How Will You Protest

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
If Sadler is announced?

I don't have season tickets anymore. I don't donate anymore. I already stopped traveling to road games. What else can I do, unfollow them on social media?

This hire would completely disconnect me from the Athletic Department. Might turn me into a bandwagon fan. I'll jump on if we ever win.

If he is chosen, this will smell bad. As someone said previously, Senter better just shut down his twitter and UTEPBB twitter.

From incompetence in hiring to (intrastate) big college interference in hiring process, a little of both, the conspiracies will come fast and hard, the ticket sales will suffer some and El Paso will be asking "why?" for a while.

Senter, Doc can recruit mid major average players, but we want to win CUSA and go to the dance every once in while. Not tie for second in CUSA year after year and settle for CBI.

If Sadler is announced?

I don't have season tickets anymore. I don't donate anymore. I already stopped traveling to road games. What else can I do, unfollow them on social media?

This hire would completely disconnect me from the Athletic Department. Might turn me into a bandwagon fan. I'll jump on if we ever win.

Express your concerns via email with Wilson and Senter (I already have). I have also become a vocal critic of UTEP Athletics on 600 Sports talk when necessary. Aside from picketing the Brumblow building, I dont know anything else that could be done.

Check flights, someone on here does it? I forgot who.

Watch Nebraska, ACU, NMSU and Baylor sports twitter and message boards for drops.

Watch orangebloods.com. They follow UTEP closely during times like this and have good sources and will drop hints or outright confirmations way before they hit El Paso.

Reactions: nattybry
Check flights, someone on here does it? I forgot who.

Watch Nebraska, ACU, NMSU and Baylor sports twitter and message boards for drops.

Watch orangebloods.com. They follow UTEP closely during times like this and have good sources and will drop hints or outright confirmations way before they hit El Paso.
MinerInciter

I don't want Sadler, period. Not because he can't recruit, which assistant coaches do any way, likely not the head coach. But his style of play is numbing and hard to watch from a fan perspective. This reflects down to his players and potential players, he will get kids who will hustle and play hard, but high level prospects will not play for him.

My speculation is that Doc is just an intentional false release, as they certainly have a PR idea that he is the least sexy option. So they leaked him early, so that when the real coach is announced, everyone will be happy and rally around the decision. People who wanted Tang or Golden, or Jan's, etc. will all be happy, because at least everyone will be able to say "I'm happy, I'm just glad it wasn't Doc."

Reactions: FarWestTexas
My speculation is that Doc is just an intentional false release, as they certainly have a PR idea that he is the least sexy option. So they leaked him early, so that when the real coach is announced, everyone will be happy and rally around the decision. People who wanted Tang or Golden, or Jan's, etc. will all be happy, because at least everyone will be able to say "I'm happy, I'm just glad it wasn't Doc."
Poor Doc...

I wish they were that smart.

KROD reporting along with Abeliene newspaper Golding offered Miner job Abeliene Christian is trying to match UTEP'S offer?

It's been a crazy search, but this latest twist with Golding and ACU attempting to match is not unexpected. Hope Senter was prepared for this. If things don't work out with Golding, my next choice would be Jans.

Tilman Fertitta matched UT’s offer of 5 mil so Tom Herman would stay in Houston. I’m not saying we’re comparable to UT, but there is prestige in moving up the ranks. Even if recent indications say otherwise, as a basketball school, UTEP > ACU. By a long shot. They will probably have to more than match the salary for him to stay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT