MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
He had offers from Kansas, SMU.

11566013.jpeg

spacer.gif

P. Pickett
spacer.gif

Dec. 18, 2015

EL PASO, Texas – Head coach Sean Kugler announced the signing of running back Peytton Pickett out of Arlington Sam Houston High School on Friday.

http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121815aaa.html

Oh I can tell you first hand this is a steal. This kid is a baller. One of the best I saw this year by far. Huge get.

Aaron Jones

He will be an important piece and a big part of the offense. However, hes not a feature back. Hes missed games in all three seasons. Hes not durable enough to handle 20 to 25 carries a game. I think they split him out alot more next year. He could even play the slot. I think we will see him in the backfield on third downs.

He will be an important piece and a big part of the offense. However, hes not a feature back. Hes missed games in all three seasons. Hes not durable enough to handle 20 to 25 carries a game. I think they split him out alot more next year. He could even play the slot. I think we will see him in the backfield on third downs.
Lmao!!!! Yeah Fat Chance of that happening! He was relatively healthy the year before, missed one game and ran for 1,300 yards plus. He is one of the most talented back in the country and you think when he's healthy he'll only be used as a slot and 3rd down back? I'll take that bet and raise you my house! This is a good recruit and adds depth and will hopefully take some carries away from Jones to rest him, let's not appoint him our starter and discard Jones so quick though!

Lmao!!!! Yeah Fat Chance of that happening! He was relatively healthy the year before, missed one game and ran for 1,300 yards plus. He is one of the most talented back in the country and you think when he's healthy he'll only be used as a slot and 3rd down back? I'll take that bet and raise you my house! This is a good recruit and adds depth and will hopefully take some carries away from Jones to rest him, let's not appoint him our starter and discard Jones so quick though!

Im not discarding Jones nor annointing Pickett the starter. As I said Jones will be an important part of the offense. I just think his role will be different. He's not a feature back thats not a knock on him. Hes going to be a big part of our gameplan I just dont look for him to get the bulk of the carries.

This is the first time I ever remember a mid year high school enrolee. He didnt cancel visits and sign with us to redshirt or backup. Im sure he was told he would have the opportunity to be the starting back. Hes going to have to earn it, but hes definitely got a shot. Im also excited because he knows who the offensive coordinator is and must be very excited to play in the offense.

Any steal from UNM is a big get. LOL!

Im way more excited about sealing a player away from Chad Morris and SMU. Morris is a great recruiter and is building a powerhouse. Hes going to do at SMU what Herrmans done at Houston. The difference is he inherrited a much worse team than Herrman did. Morris is Art Briles jr hes a high school legend and the high school coaches love him. I cant tell you how big a deal it is for Kugler to go into DFW and steal one from Morris. Huge day for Kugler and the entire program.

Reactions: nattybry
Im way more excited about sealing a player away from Chad Morris and SMU. Morris is a great recruiter and is building a powerhouse. Hes going to do at SMU what Herrmans done at Houston. The difference is he inherrited a much worse team than Herrman did. Morris is Art Briles jr hes a high school legend and the high school coaches love him. I cant tell you how big a deal it is for Kugler to go into DFW and steal one from Morris. Huge day for Kugler and the entire program.
Yeah, I prefer thinking that UTEP stole him from Kansas since 247sports had predicted that this player was 100% going there. Very good player and excellent student with a 3.5 gpa. Look forward to watching play.

True on all accounts I'm looking for forward to seeing this kid along with jones and throw in redix and we has some weapons. Not to mention the WRs returning and off injury. Barring injuries and who's gonna be our qb, I like this offense!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT